Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Miller High Life

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ebola Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miller High Life
    Posted: 02 Nov 2008 at 6:05pm
You know the commercial.  The one with the beer delivery guy who gets all upset because "high class" people are drinking High Life beer who shouldn't be. 

He goes to a group of people tailgating and finds someone grilling ostrich.  Goes to another groups, asks to 'borrow' some beef hamburger patties.  Then shows them how to really enjoy the beer.  I don't really know how you can borrow food, to me borrowing implies returning when you're done.  Who is he to say what you can and cannot grill? 

Another is where he goes to a skybox at a baseball game and takes away their beer just because they are not watching the game.  Who does this guy think he is?

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2008 at 6:49pm

...if Miller could GET permission...I'd consider a bottle of their sucrose-infested "beer" (I was a 'gest' at the brewery in Milwakee, a few years ago - and observed some *wonderous* things - like how one can sell beer in a CLEAR bottle)...o.k.o.k.o.k....yea - if they can get this cut to support THEIR beer, I'll have a 'Genuine Draft' (AGAIN)).

...or find something from John Cusak, in regard to this...or, what I CANNOT seem to find again; a photo on my wall of WZ and HST, enjoying the 'High Life', again...with 45's, in the back yard....ahhh, gee! just noticed I'm outta beer and my sideburns are, once again, are at the bottom of my ear....awwwwww gawwd! I miss these two 'old friends'!

mikevillain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikevillain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 2:26am
Also... anyone that is grilling ostrich would not be drinking Miller High Life.  People usually only drink High Life when they can't afford something better.  Those guys look like they could probably afford some Sam Adams or something.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 2:58am
Originally posted by mikevillain mikevillain wrote:

Also... anyone that is grilling ostrich would not be drinking Miller High Life.  People usually only drink High Life when they can't afford something better.  Those guys look like they could probably afford some Sam Adams or something.
Cry...oh, brother!...yea..."Those Guys"...right.
Horizons can be broadened, education can be had...gimme an MHL. 
erod550 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erod550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 3:00pm

High Life is good tasting cheap beer.  I like MGD personally, but High Life is definitely drinkable, and I like it better than a lot of more expensive beers.

I think these commercials are funny.  "$20 for a hamburger you must be crazy."
bobwilson1977 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobwilson1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 11:24pm
I'm kind of a beer snob since out here in Cali, there's probably a few hundred microbreweries and brands like Sierra Nevada, Anchor Steam, Langunitas, and Anderson Valley are sold at all the bars and are tons better than Budweiser, Miller, or any of those other foamy watery beers.

But... if you want to pretty much stay mildy drunk all day and be able to drink beer non-stop, then Budweiser and miller are the way to go since they're so low in alcohol content. Also, there's nothing better than having an ice-cold miller on a 100 degree day.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 11:42pm

I must politely disagree.

*I* am a TRUE Beer ConnaSewer, I'll have you know!!! And OUR kind don't need no pretty girl , "I-wanna-wear-a-dress-while-I-drink-something-with-a-real-purty-bottle-with-a-fancy-foreign-word-label-that-cost-me-a-half-day-pay-from-Labor-Ready" type of beer. I just want a stinkin' beer. Maybe for the taste, maybe for the buzz (and, well..yea - I go there). So, being a "purfectionish..ishh..ishhhhhhh" (don't EVER do anything 'Half-Assed'!), *I* suggest a fine 'ICE' beer! May I, oh....welll...say, MOLSON'S?!!!  Yea! THAT is the ticket!Tongue Goes GREAT with ANY food, if you feel like eating, doncha know...and YOU DON'T GO BROKE!

Even though Molson's is now owned by the 'Beer Nazis' (Coors)...
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 12:12am
Christian Moerlein. Try it. We make good beer in Cincinnati.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 12:55am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Christian Moerlein. Try it. We make good beer in Cincinnati.
...uhh...yea...'dat's got a reaaauull purty label on it!
(well, o.k., it really IS good!Wink)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic