Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Go away Amy Poehler!"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Go away Amy Poehler!"
    Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 4:44pm

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!
Seriously, does ANYONE find her even remotely funny, sexy, or even tolerable?????
I used to just dislike her, now I find her unbelievably and incredibly ANNOYING!!!!

Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!
Seriously, does ANYONE find her even remotely funny, sexy, or even tolerable?????
I used to just dislike her, now I find her unbelievably and incredibly ANNOYING!!!!

CAPTAIN!

Captain Morgan TV Spot, House Party: Sea Creature Featuring Adam Devine - Screenshot 9

If it makes you feel any better, Captain Ernie.  Yes!  The dog is more attractive and has better acting skills. Wink

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 6:08pm
She doesn't bother me.

I liked Parks and Rec.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

She doesn't bother me.

I liked Parks and Rec.
I watched an episode recently and she seemed OK. Her "comedy" attempts in commercials seems to be just acting incredibly dumb.Confused
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
GulDukat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GulDukat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 4:08am
She is soooo not funny.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 6:14am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

She doesn't bother me.

I liked Parks and Rec.

I watched an episode recently and she seemed OK. Her "comedy" attempts in commercials seems to be just acting incredibly dumb.Confused

Yes, it's true that the commercials she's in are lame, but then again... they're commercials, so....

Hell, Nick Offerman, who is also from from the same show and who played one of the greatest "guy" characters in the history of TV, is now doing those dumbass "Sling TV" ads which aren't funny either.

But that doesn't make him less funny or talented as a comedic actor.

I don't think one can really judge a person's talent by their commercial work. They're only doing them for the big, fat, lucrative paydays anyway, and probably have little or no creative input into them.

Poehler, lame commercials aside, is still a pretty good comic actress.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 4:36am
I cannot believe in 2019 we're seeing a bit with a "Pulling my leg" gag.  Ugh.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 1:54am
Never liked her, or her ex-husband Will Arnett.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:43pm
I just thought of an appropriate addition to the "Shakedown" commercial.
"Billy, did your mom lose her vibrator again? What a b*tch!"
Aslo, from the "Starring Amy" selection, it looks like she had to do an awful lot of takes with that pizza commercial. Hey Amy... enough with the bread already!
PitLoad413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitLoad413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:55pm
This woman reminds me of every annoying bitchy soccer mom stereotype ever created. She has that "obnoxious, snooty customer who talks down to everyone" aura to her.  I don't think she's that funny. 
bobtyme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobtyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 12:15am

ditto!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:51am
I'll double-ditto that. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sunny View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 4:03pm
I like Amy Poehler and am always happy to see SNL people go on to great success.  The world needs all the comedians and laughter it can get these days.
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 4:23pm
The problem with the "Starring Amy" ad (2nd video in the initial post here) isn't Poehler, it's Xfinity. Because they keep doing the same lame "it's all about me" joke over and over with different celebs. The first time was with the obnoxious Mindy Kaling, and they've done it with others too. I don't mind Poehler in general, but the premise of the commercial is TIRED.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 2:50pm
She continues to do these absolute cringeworthy annoying ads. 
Who writes this sh*t??! It's painfully corny! 

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 3:08pm
We can't even get Xfinity here, Charter has a monopoly unless you go with a dish.  Speaking of Spectrum!

They raised the internet from $69 to $73. Angry The same day the bill came Spectrum sent out a special deal, JUST FOR US! TV and Internet for only $45 a month! *Limited Time Offer*  SCREW THEM!!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Sunny Sunny wrote:

The world needs all the comedians and laughter it can get these days.

Yeah, but she's not funny. Tongue
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 10:56pm
It seems Xfinity is trying to save money by hiring "B" and "C" list comedians. As was already posted here, Amy Poehler is NOT funny! Even with top notch material she is only marginally amusing. Another one that bugs the "you know what" out of me is Maya Rudolph. I have yet to see ANYTHING with her that is remotely amusing or entertaining. The list goes on, but those, IMHO, are the top offenders
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

It seems Xfinity is trying to save money by hiring "B" and "C" list comedians. As was already posted here, Amy Poehler is NOT funny! Even with top notch material she is only marginally amusing. Another one that bugs the "you know what" out of me is Maya Rudolph. I have yet to see ANYTHING with her that is remotely amusing or entertaining. The list goes on, but those, IMHO, are the top offenders

No, I don't find them remotely comical also. As for Maya, I've been seeing her in new HULU commercials. (eyeroll!) 

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Never liked her, or her ex-husband Will Arnett.

oh don't even get me STARTED on Snark Will..those Reeses ads set my teeth on GRIND
My friend wants me to like BoJack Horseman but i can't get over the Arnett HUMP

shes about as funny as Sarah Palin OOPS i mean Tina Fey-who is
actually a lot funnier in print--her books is actually pretty amusing
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
anesta3251 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anesta3251 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:49am
Yea she can vanish and I'd definitely be celebrating. Pathetic how many commercials she whores herself in
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:36am
Amy and these ads keep getting more and more annoying!
This household is pure total chaos, the wife should leave the tub and walk out the door for good.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic