Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LA's Finest? I'll pass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LA's Finest? I'll pass
    Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 9:20pm

I'm not going to watch this show, but man the commercial looks stupid. There are a lot of shows I think are bad, or ridiculous, but I keep seeing this ad and it's starting to make actively want this show to fail within the first few episodes.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 10:03pm
Now women get to have their shows too, so behave!
Just make sure she watches it in the 'WomanCave' and doesn't take over the big screen in the Den.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 2:14am
I don't care if the leads are women. But from what I see in the commercial there's nothing to the show but tired tropes. It would be the same if they were male or even male and female. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 2:39am
I'll agree with that, short the clear attitude. They didn't create the show for US - we didn't ask for it and it really doesn't matter. SOMEONE will like it...just not us - and yes, same old silliness that worked for other shows in the past.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 6:14am
Look on the bright side:  It's less TV that you have to watch, and, it bumps something that may be even worse out of the timeslot...  
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 7:42am
Confused This looks almost fake. Some of the worst editing I've ever seen. Show looks hilarious. Hilariously bad, that is. Two fabulous babes kicking ass and taking names? What's not to love? ... Lousy writing, that's what. LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 4:16pm
Great!  Sharter Rectum is producing crappy TV shows now?  I'm so glad I can't even get it!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 4:53pm
I would not hate the idea of this show if the two female leads actually looked like a couple of tough gals who really could conceivably kick a dude's ass, rather than a couple of skinny little girly fashion model chicks who would probably pout and sulk all day if their hair and makeup weren't done just right.

These stupid crapfest shows concentrate too much on youth, looks and sex appeal to be the slightest bit believable or even be stomached by anyone who's over 35 and has an IQ over 100.

IOW, an audience they obviously are not interested in appealing to.

The message they send is not one of "women can be tough too", it's one of "only pretty fashion model type girls are worthy of building a TV show around".

Average, normal, everyday looking women need not apply.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:59am
They are hyping this show hard. They even had a plug for it on the local news. Still not watching it, though.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 3:15pm
Pretty much agree with everything that's been said in this thread so far.

The only thing I have to ad is that I have Spectrum, and they have even introduced a new 2-space ad for this show in the channel guide. It's stuck in there about every 20 channels or so.

So.... I pay for cable.... which was originally supposed to eliminate ads... but I have ads that you raise my bill .50/mo on average for the privilege of watching.... and now I get additional ads in the TV guide.

On the bright side, this new "feature" REALLY annoys Mrs. D, and the channel guide has long been her go-to argument for not cutting the cable. Maybe this will finally push her over to my side of the fence.

Oh yeah, and they also recently added "Spectrum News" on channel 1, and for 'some reason' the box now frequently defaults to that channel overnight, so when I woke up this morning and turned on the TV, it was on Spectrum News, with a "news" story about the upcoming show.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 5:39am
Check your cable box menu settings.  It may be resetting to default after it's turned off.  I don't have cable, because it would average out at about $10/hour per program for what little I would watch.  Have enough trouble keeping up with 6 channels of antenna TV...
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Check your cable box menu settings.  It may be resetting to default after it's turned off.  I don't have cable, because it would average out at about $10/hour per program for what little I would watch.  Have enough trouble keeping up with 6 channels of antenna TV...

The box has been set to power on to whatever channel it was powered off on for years, but since we recently had one of the boxes replaced, I checked. Nope, still set to power off channel.

So, I started paying attention and found the pattern. Every day or two, the box reboots on its own, and when it reboots, it defaults to Spectrum 1. Here's the kicker... the reason for the reboot; It reboots to reposition the banner ad in the channel guide to a position close to whatever channels were most frequently viewed the previous day or two. 

Apparently they have some algorithm running that tracks usage, and stuffs the ad wherever it thinks you're most likely to see it.

George Orwell would be proud.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic