Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DQ Chicken & Waffles (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DQ Chicken & Waffles (video)
    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 5:22pm
So, DQ decided to copy/steal the idea from KFC!  I don't even care anymore!  Besides, the closest DQ is many miles from here.  Waffles were good when my mom poured the batter into a big waffle iron.

Sponsored Links

MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 8:07pm
I hate the sappy “My man! MahLADY! Ummmmmhelloooooo my DAUGHTERRRR ohmygaaawd” exchange. Makes me wanna puke.

And its EVERY commercial break....sometimes more than once.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

So, DQ decided to copy/steal the idea from KFC! 

And then came Lay's.  They now have Chicken and Waffles potato chips.  Dead

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 2:04pm
Speaking of waffles, sometime toward the end of last week, I got me a "hankerin'".

I don't remember exactly what it was that set it off, but somewhere I saw something that made a little light bulb click on.

My plan was to hit the grocery store on Friday so I'd have what I'm leading up to revealing, on Saturday and Sunday, which are the only two days of the week I can allow myself to eat such food, but the store I ended up going to (not my regular "go-to" store) didn't have one of the items. So I'll have to wait until next weekend, dammit.

Anyway, what I'm talking about is this...

And this....

My plan, of course, is to pile one on top of the other.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 2:42pm
I used to buy the regular Eggo waffles, I made some Swift Brown-N-Serve sausage links to go with it.  It wasn't really filling enough to get me through the morning.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 3:14pm
Ya need some ham, eggs and whole wheat bread to go with those sausage links!!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 6:35pm
Yes, I'm really starting to hate this commercial. Why would you have a date night at Dairy Queen, first of all? In between paychecks? Too stupid? Do any of you have a job? Secondly, that daughter is sick of both of you. I'm sure she wanted to hang out with her friends instead of being with a ooey-gooey mommy and daddy. 
And yes, every other commercial break, on the local channels, this horrible thing airs. Worst DQ ad in quite a while. I haven't been inside a DQ in months, maybe a year or two, and the food really sucked last time.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 7:11pm
Chicken & Waffles?
Everyone is trying to get in on a very old 'ghetto craving', which either tells me we're all heading that direction and we better get used to it, or...it's a fad. Let's hope for the latter.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Speaking of waffles, sometime toward the end of last week, I got me a "hankerin'".

I don't remember exactly what it was that set it off, but somewhere I saw something that made a little light bulb click on.

My plan was to hit the grocery store on Friday so I'd have what I'm leading up to revealing, on Saturday and Sunday, which are the only two days of the week I can allow myself to eat such food, but the store I ended up going to (not my regular "go-to" store) didn't have one of the items. So I'll have to wait until next weekend, dammit.

Anyway, what I'm talking about is this...

and

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by atikovi atikovi wrote:

http://www.commercialsihate.com/eggo-thick-and-fluffy-waffles-video_topic27342_post404880.html?KW=waffles#404880

and

http://www.commercialsihate.com/kfc-chicken-waffles-video_topic26969_post401571.html?KW=waffles#401571

Ha!!!!

That must've been floating around in my subconscious, because I had totally and completely forgotten about that thread and even my reply to it!!!

I might be going senile, too!!!!

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 2:01am
Now, I HAVE to go back to the 'Date Night' commercial where a delirious  'Mom & Dad' have forgotten they have brought along their daughter. How sickeningly cute, but they sure are enjoying each other. Having said that, *I* will NOT order DQ 'food' until the longer version of that commercial comes out where the 'parents' inform their spermmistake that she was adopted, she's of 'working age', and become a little too expensive to keep, so they're sending her back to the orphanage, tomorrow.
"It's nothing personal daughter that we love, but daaaaaaaaaang! That DQ 'food' suuuuuure is tatsy and we can come here a few more nights each week if we don't need to worry about dragging you along...." 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ian16545 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian16545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 5:30am
Taking a cue from a certain "grown-up" kids' book:

Daddy worked all day long, he's tired and lonely
There's a small, small, small chance that your mother might blow me
If you cry, no one's coming; this may come as a shock—
But nobody likes a cockblock!
One call... destroys 'em all!
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

So, DQ decided to copy/steal the idea from KFC!  I don't even care anymore!  Besides, the closest DQ is many miles from here.  Waffles were good when my mom poured the batter into a big waffle iron.

I recognize the lady from another commercial about constipation or something and she was in an episode of Adam Ruins Everything playing a cop. 

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic