Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subaru 'The Open Road' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Subaru 'The Open Road' (video)
    Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 3:37pm
Confused I absolutely LOVE this commercial, but I have to admit that once the ol'white guy admired their 'cats' and then when they were advised they would have to sign a waiver for the 'Diablo Chili' only to have the old inbred white couple start laugh-cackling, then finally be offered 'bear repellent', I was SURE that the commercial was to end with us finding everyone was in it together. 

You know how old white people who are missing their teeth are...

The couple suddenly disappears, never to be heard from again, and two dogs go driving back to town in their Subaru Forester.

I have to admit, when they hit the top of the hill and he goes to hug her, notice her grab. It is a 'stand back, Jack! We're just actors'-grab, but her PROFILE was extremely similar to the Missus, and it touched me...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 4:27pm
How to ruin your new CUV!!  Not the brightest couple on the planet.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 4:51pm
Why would that ruin a rugged 4WD mudbuggy? I thought Subarus were at the top of the ladder, here - I sort of want one...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 5:02pm
If you want a vehicle to last a long time, you avoid things like this and other water related things.  As a former mechanic, I know the damage water can do to electronic components.  If there is a way to avoid spraying water into the engine compartment...ding ding ding!  That's what a person should do.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 5:10pm
Cry...but...but...but...I really have wanted to live the 'off-road life' for so long! I've wanted a dirt bike and a mud buggy and a diesel monster truck that can drive over anything and float on open water!!! Why are you crushing my dreams?! Next thing you know, you'll be telling me there is no Santa Claus....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 5:19pm
LOL

Yes!  You are good for a LOL!  Nice work there, PaW!

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 12:12am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

If you want a vehicle to last a long time, you avoid things like this and other water related things.  As a former mechanic, I know the damage water can do to electronic components.  If there is a way to avoid spraying water into the engine compartment...ding ding ding!  That's what a person should do.
Subaru's are good, stable, safe, all weather road vehicles. They are not designed or intended to be 'Off Road' vehicles! I have driven 1999, 2002, and 2010 'Outbacks'. I owned a 1991 Jeep Cherokee for 10 years. I have also driven a 2010 Jeep Wrangler for a 5,000 mile on and off road trip. For off road go with the Jeeps!Wink  
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 10:25pm
Hipster black couple buys a Subaru and takes it far off road with their dog into the hills while making witty quips to each other and staring off dreamily into the distance? 

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...
LOLLOLLOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by jnoble jnoble wrote:

Hipster black couple buys a Subaru and takes it far off road with their dog into the hills while making witty quips to each other and staring off dreamily into the distance? 

LOLLOLLOL

WinkIt happens...maybe a lot more than you think.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by jnoble jnoble wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

Well, right off the bat..."black couple buys a Subaru ".

LOL

Well, maybe a black lesbian couple.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 4:46pm
It's real.
...but you may have a point.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic