Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum rules

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 4:40am
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

hey - how do I post my artwork n stuff? do I need to set it on a web site then post a link or is there a direct upload connection I can use? Thanks - I will get some creative stuff up if I can figure out how
Go to a site like Photobucket or I prefer Postimage.

You can download an image from your device and then post it here on this or any forum.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 9:04am
Postimage.org is easiest, as you don't have to register with the site.  You select a size, click on "Choose Images", upload, select format (Hotlink for Forums), and drop into your CIH reply box.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 8:54pm
Don't give up Kelly. When I first joined here, I was a computer dumbass.

With the help of some of the members, and some practical experience. I have come a long way.
BradyBunchFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradyBunchFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 3:32pm
Hi everyone! I'm new here and I have a question.
Why can't I browse and post in any of the Miscellaneous threads?

Thank you. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 3:45pm
I think it's all about post count, till the forum knows you're not a bot. Keep posting. Thumbs Up
BradyBunchFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradyBunchFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I think it's all about post count, till the forum knows you're not a bot. Keep posting. Thumbs Up

Thank you. Thumbs Up
Patrick (With a P) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick (With a P) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 3:39pm
How long does it take to get a subject approved here??????
Patrick (With a P) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick (With a P) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 6:30pm
Can you please approve this nickname?????? (and my posts)
Brendalou View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendalou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 11:53pm
I see comments being added as my comment still sits in pending status. My comment will become irrelevant by the time it is approved.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Brendalou Brendalou wrote:

I see comments being added as my comment still sits in pending status. My comment will become irrelevant by the time it is approved.
Have you checked the forum rules? Now, it's been awhile since *I* have, but I believe there is a 'screening period'. Something like the first 10 posts, while you have had 6 over the course of the last 3 years. What I CAN suggest would be to send 'forumadmin' a message, which you can do by clicking where you see in the upper-left, a little envelope and (probably) '0 New Messages' (click on that) and go from there. 
If that seems too much, you can get the attention of the forumadmin by reporting your post.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Brendalou View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendalou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 4:44am
Thank you for the advice. Yeah, I read the rules. I assumed everyone's posts had to be approved, so I thought, "hey, they are approving posts, but just skipping over mine." 
I did try to figure out how to send a direct message, just didn't occur to me to click on the envelope icon.
I admit, I have not been very active on this site, mostly that is just my nature, the quiet type. Plus, it can be a little intimidating posting when you are new.
Thanks again for your input.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 7:02pm
Who do I contact about the website not working properly? I have my profile set to show my signature but it's not showing.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 7:19pm

You may need to make a certain number of posts (10, I think) before you get full privileges. I forget which privileges (signature might be one), but the Forum Administrator's intent is to prevent spamming.

I guess, in the case of a signature, a spammer could sign up and include a link to some other website in their signature. That's just a guess, though. I joined prior to any such rules existing.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Jennifer Jennifer wrote:

Who do I contact about the website not working properly? I have my profile set to show my signature but it's not showing.

PM (Private Message) the Forum Admin.

That's the best way to contact him.

He can explain anything like that to you.

Welcome to the nut house, BTW Jennifer.

Nice to have another female around here.

We guys get a little..... "indelicate" sometimes, but we don't mean any harm.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic