Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum rules

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 3:19am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

That's called "prematurepostulaction".

I've heard thinking about baseball helps prevent that.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

meecepeece View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meecepeece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 4:45am
I see all sort of commentary abt. the bad evil and harmful things folks would love to do to the MnM guys, Bee from cheerios,Gecko, Etc. Does this exclude cartoons? I even am guilty of this in a comment I made recently. I also said something to this effect about a random idea no one in particular. I have seen this also. Are you referring to if an actual person in an ad exists then please do not threaten them? 
If you could see the you that I see when I see you seeing me, you'd see yourself so differently, believe me-
meecepeece View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meecepeece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 4:49am
For me personally my issue is that I have no clue how to find already posted threads without searching through the entire list of 20 or more pages of commercials I hate lists, if there's a faster way let me know. When I type in the search bar, often my results are not what I'm looking for. Maybe I do it wrong?
If you could see the you that I see when I see you seeing me, you'd see yourself so differently, believe me-
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 4:53am
Originally posted by meecepeece meecepeece wrote:

For me personally my issue is that I have no clue how to find already posted threads without searching through the entire list of 20 or more pages of commercials I hate lists, if there's a faster way let me know. When I type in the search bar, often my results are not what I'm looking for. Maybe I do it wrong?

Well, there's a search feature and an advanced search feature.  But they're not very good.  I generally Google the name of the product along with the words "i hate commercials".

For example, "i hate commercials kmart".

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 4:59am
Putting in Site: will sometimes help

So

Site:commercialsihate.com Kmart
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 5:24am
Originally posted by meecepeece meecepeece wrote:

Just do what I do.

Say "f**k it" & post about whatever the hell commercial you damn well please & if some rule Nazi gets their panties in a wad about it, screw 'em.

If there's not a thread title about it on the first couple of pages or so, go for it.

Works for me.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 2:51pm

I don't see it so much as about following rules as I see it to be about keeping the board as tight as possible.  It's pointless and a bit inconvenient to have 3 threads going at once on the same topic...especially when I'm trying to remember which one I've been posting in.  So, either go back a few pages, or do a search.  If either is taking more than a few minutes, then---what the hell--go for it.  It's not like we have some great search feature here.

OldLadyJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldLadyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 4:03pm
I will behave, as usual.  Approve
Adsontherun View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adsontherun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 11:55pm
Approve Got it. I will behave and be fine with these rules. :)
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 2:07am
You can also use a feature which is to press ctrl key and "f" key at the same time. This will pop up a small search box at top of website screen and you type in word or words (it may be on either side of the screen depending on website). It will search the page and highlight if the words turn up anywhere. It would be better to put in as distinctive word(s) you can, product name first choice.

On the forum thread pages, you will have to go to each page and just repress the search key (the search box will stay there until you close it out).

This feature can be used on about 98% of all pages on the Internet and in Word documents. It is really great when searching for something particular in long documents/articles.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
skipr.tv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipr.tv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 12:37am
Hello! Apologies in advance... as a new user I don't have permissions to post in the appropriate off-topic board. I'm trying to reach the forum admin but there doesn't seem to be messaging functionality on the board. 

Anyway, please contact me at info [at] skipr.tv

We've created technology that removes commercials from live tv and I'd like to discuss sponsoring your board. I noticed you have a donation piece, maybe we can help you cover some of those expenses.

So happy to have found this board. For the record, I loathe the Gerber Life commercial (we gotta get started). Ugh.

Regards,

Zach Nelson
Skipr.tv
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 12:59am
seems to be a semi sapient advert troll here...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
deacon blues View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deacon blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 9:12am
I have created a group on FB called  Advertising Likes and Dislikes. It is a forum with rules similar to what you have here. I post one or two ad videos on there daily to attempt to bring about conversation, hopefully with jokes  Wink     may I promote my group the audience here? I  value their input,. My agenda is to rant, have fun, and collect opinions. I have started writing a book called: Advertising: The hidden Side of Corporate Control in America. I've collected a pretty fair enough of stuff to share.

Could I sanction an event on this site?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 1:31pm

^  You might wanna PM "ForumAdmin" (Nathan) on that.  After all, you'd be competition.  I don't imagine he'd mind, though---especially since you're not some newbie who just showed up here to promote his own site.

Big Bruddah View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bruddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 5:17pm
Hi Thor. I've been having problems submitting things of

late.
Big Bruddah View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bruddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 5:18pm
Wow!

mvcg66b3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mvcg66b3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 7:56pm
I'm a new member, and I can't access the Off Topic forum. What do I need to do?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 7:58pm
Post more topics, noobies don't get access.
mvcg66b3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mvcg66b3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 8:00pm
How many posts?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 8:02pm
10 -12 or so, if you really hate commercials, it's worth the fight.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 10:01pm
I never heard that newbies had no access to Off-topic.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 10:41pm
I couldn't do anything with off topic when I started either. I messaged Nathan about it and he explained the reason:

"The restrictions are there to encourage discussion in the Commercial forums - once you've made a few posts about commercials, you'll be free to post everywhere else.  -N"

Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Sadie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 10:43pm
^I'm a newbie & access is denied to "Off Topic", "Flame Room, "Political Forum", "Suggestions" & Creative Forum". I just assumed that newbies had to post a certain amount in order for access to be granted.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 10:47pm
I've seen you logged in here pretty regularly, Sadie.  I was wondering if you'd ever post.

By the way, are you saying you can't even read the threads in those forums...or are you just being denied the ability to post in them?

Sadie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 11:03pm

Hi Thor. I've been a lurker since joining.  I'm being denied the ability to both read & post in those forums, but i8 sortof explained it above.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic