Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Jan Michael Vincent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Jan Michael Vincent
    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 1:30pm
All those two dumbasses on the bikes would've had to do at the very beginning when the car first came up behind them, was to swerve off the road into the grass.

That movie shoulda been called "Why Morons Shouldn't Ride Bicycles".

Here's a trailer for an early Stephen Spielberg TV movie...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 9:03am
I remember that movie...

That movie reminds me of this old thriller!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 8:37pm
I remember JMV as far back as his role in the 1970 made-for-TV film Tribes, in which he co-starred with Darren McGavin. Vincent played a hippie, flower-child Marine Corps draftee opposite McGavin's tough boot-camp drill instructor.

McGavin's DI character tries to break him with physical punishment, but because Vincent's hippie character is in such extremely good physical condition (probably from doing yoga and eating only organic natural food) and is some kind of Zen meditation guru type, that it barely fazes him.

y

I think it was on a series called The ABC Movie of the Week.

Pretty good and worth watching if you can find it anywhere.

As a young, up and coming future hippie myself, I thought it was totally Coolsville, man.

Stephen Spielberg directed a movie in 1971, called Duel on that same "Movie of the Week" series I believe. In it, Dennis Weaver played a traveling salesman driving through the desert in his car when for some unknown reason, a psychotic semi driver starts stalking him with his rig, toying with him at first, then trying to kill him.

Almost no dialogue in the entire thing, but very taught and tense.

Another one worth watching if you ever get the chance.

Pretty good stuff for TV back then.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 6:47pm
Never was a fan - actually had to look him up. 
Now, as far as 'Places to earn your MudMonkeyMeritBadge' goes, one couldn't pick much better of a place to croak. One of my favorite locations in the U.S.ofA.
RIP and thanks for the entertainment I never did see.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 4:14am
He had a kind of sad life the last couple of decades or so.

Drugs and booze took everything he had and he ended up homeless and living on the street for awhile.

I think he had cleaned up his act somewhat and improved his life a bit, but I'm pretty sure he still died poor.

Asheville, NC is where he died.

C'mon, man!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 1:41am
RIP so sad
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 1:16am
Man, the celebrities are dropping like flies!!!

The former Air Wolf star actually died a few weeks ago back in February, but for unknown reasons, the news was only released today.

He died of cardiac arrest at the age of 73.

RIP JMV.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic