Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty Mutual - Limu Emu?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 12:58pm
Jeez Louise!  I found this POS!  Shut Up!!  Angry

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 2:11pm
Liberty Mutual - the insurance company of choice for sad loser geeks whose only friends are large, flightless birds.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 2:29pm
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 6:00am
This Limu Emu sh*t has officially jumped the shark..........................................................which means we're going to see them at least another year.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 12:41am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Brendalou Brendalou wrote:

I've noticed on two of these ads some weird dubbing.
On one of the "key to the city" ads where doofus is going to each microphone at the press stand, when he supposedly says one in Spanish, you can tell his lips are not actually in sync with the sound, he's saying it in English and is being dubbed  

I think that was the point of it---to make it look like the dubbing in those 1950s Japanese sci-fi flicks.

That's certainly what they're doing at the end of this one...

well not quite--'actor boy' is a certified MORON and cannot say his lines...much like the ideal LIMU customer..this one is vying for the most obnoxious with its emucentric pal..i hate this Dbag with all my atomic mass

I hate all of the Liberty commercials, but this one with the bad dubbing is the most annoying for me. I just want to nut punch that lousy "actor".
One man gathers what another man spills
ilovewings1 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ilovewings1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 12:54am

Amen to that: make it stop, make it stop

But IT NEVER FREAKING STOPS

CONSTANT COMMERICIALS- SCREAMING IDIOT WITH SIRENS

I WANT TO PUNCH HIS LIGHTS OUT

THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST ANNOYING COMMERCIAL IN COMMERCIAL HISTORY

MAKE IT STOP PLEASE!!!!!!!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 5:55am
What can I say except Liberty Liberty Liberty my a$$. They are at least helping me with one thing - that I will never switch from State Farm!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 7:56pm
I don't mind it because it's a clever use of the old '70s and '80s cop buddy movie cliches 
bb2zz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 7:53pm
HATE LIBERTY MUTUAL< HATE IT< HATE IT< HATE IT...
unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 3:31am
The company has got to be hurting by now in order to pay that idiot to speak for them.
bb2zz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 1:24am
That jackass sounds like an old lady when he is screaming from that motorcycle.
Now I know why people turn homicidal...
Blix View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 9:18pm
I'm sure the jingle is a violation of the Geneva Convention.
Traxan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traxan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 11:06pm
Actually the bad actor commercial is made funny because of the obvious dubbing at the end.

Now the LiMu Emu and Doug commercials need to die. Immediately.
unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 4:43am
JOE NAMATH IS RAPIDLY CATCHING UP!
DROP THE WORD "COMMERCIALS" FOR MORE ACCURACY.  I REALLY THOUGHT AND HOPED THE
COMPANY WOULD BE BANKRUPT BY NOW.  Cry
Pazuzu413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazuzu413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 8:22am
[QUOTE=unwanted1]
JOE NAMATH IS RAPIDLY CATCHING UP! I love Joe but those commercials are played every break on the YES network. Brutal.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Imuteloudnoises View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imuteloudnoises Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 7:43pm
Does anyone else mute loud commercials as soon asthey come on?

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 1:13am
Yes. If the mute button is handy. Otherwise I just mentally tune them and all other commercials out as usual. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 2:49pm
I thought there was a big LiMu thread, I can't find it.

Anyway...there's a new one I saw early this morning. Some d-bag magician, it just painfully goes on and on.  Really, am I supposed to chuckle, crack a smile with this. (hell, 99.9% of the commercials don't do this..)

The corniness and stupidity is extremely strong with this ad!!

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 4:11pm
i think his 'alternative lifestyle' includes Astroglide--which he
also uses to lube his stache
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 6:08pm
I've seen the magician ad a few times. Very corny like all the other ads. 
larrytate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larrytate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 6:34am
Originally posted by Imuteloudnoises Imuteloudnoises wrote:

Does anyone else mute loud commercials as soon asthey come on?

I change the channel during the Progressive commercials when they do phone videos.
Kris L. Walker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris L. Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 4:02am
@Philly I've seen that stupid ad a lot during the middle of the day, and I'm still perplexed as to how in the ever loving hell is that supposed to be funny. It's not funny, it's a poor attempt to be creative in advertising. Insurance isn't magic, it's a whole mess of nonsense we have to pay to be safe or not zapped up the wazoo if we get into a crash even if we aren't at fault. Bottom line, I hate most insurance company ads. The only ones I laugh at is the old GEICO Rhetorical Question Ad, as there's some many things you could do with that set up, such as Could switching to GEICO really save you 15% or more on car insurance? Is Manhattan overcrowded? GEICO, fifteen minutes could save you 15% or more.
Back from an unexpected hiatus. Time to rip ads a new one all over again.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 4:26am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

i think his 'alternative lifestyle' includes Astroglide--which he
also uses to lube his stache

excuse my error--his 'unique' lifestyle...
Eunuch?
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 12:06pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 12:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>
  Share Topic