Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty Mutual - Limu Emu?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Brendalou Brendalou wrote:

I've noticed on two of these ads some weird dubbing.
On one of the "key to the city" ads where doofus is going to each microphone at the press stand, when he supposedly says one in Spanish, you can tell his lips are not actually in sync with the sound, he's saying it in English and is being dubbed  

I think that was the point of it---to make it look like the dubbing in those 1950s Japanese sci-fi flicks.

That's certainly what they're doing at the end of this one...

well not quite--'actor boy' is a certified MORON and cannot say his lines...much like the ideal LIMU customer..this one is vying for the most obnoxious with its emucentric pal..i hate this Dbag with all my atomic mass
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Sponsored Links

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 10:55pm
Liberty liberty liberty my a$$. AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
And I hate that douchebag in the outtakes ad as well. I wish I could throw something at my TV, and maybe at his direction too! The no-talent person who made these awful commercials should be shunned too. 

Take a look at this:
In one paragraph on Limu Emu it reads that they picked it because it's a 'physical manifestation of our brand,' that it's a crime to pay for one-size-fits-all insurance.
WTF?! And no, nowhere near funny! AngryAngryAngryAngry 
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

And I hate that douchebag in the outtakes ad as well. I wish I could throw something at my TV, and maybe at his direction too! The no-talent person who made these awful commercials should be shunned too. 

Take a look at this:
In one paragraph on Limu Emu it reads that they picked it because it's a 'physical manifestation of our brand,' that it's a crime to pay for one-size-fits-all insurance.
WTF?! And no, nowhere near funny! AngryAngryAngryAngry 
The Emu is on Encyclopedia Brittanica's list of the six most dangerous birds.  Says that it can eviscerate a human, though human fatalities are rare.  I guess this makes sense though. Every time I pay my insurance, I feel like I've been eviscerated.
unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 7:22am
I HAVE SAID THE SAME AND I'VE TOLD THEM THAT I HOPE THEY GO BANKRUPT SOON. A TICKET FOR NO INSURANCE IS BETTER.
LIMU EMU AND DOUG, WHICH IS WHICH??
DOES THE STUPID FEMALE IN THE AUDIENCE SAY I LOVE YOU OR I LOATHE YOU? 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 5:41pm
I was going to say how difficult it is to find new Liberty Mutual commercials.  Shame on me!

NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 10:04pm
Oh, look, it's Sally Draper's child therapist.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

Oh, look, it's Sally Draper's child therapist.
Such bullsh*t!

Liberty Mutual TV Spot, Caricature Artist - Screenshot 7

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Such bullsh*t!

Liberty Mutual TV Spot, Caricature Artist - Screenshot 7

I wonder what the wind load is for the bill of that cap.

If he were getting a permit, he'd have to mechanically fasten it with screws into his skull to keep it from flying off in a stiff breeze.

Maybe use a cable or tie-down strap across the top of his head and looped under his armpits.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 5:26am
OuchThey have got to be the dumbest persons on earth to keep running (run Forrest, run) those ignorant commercials that people are sick and tired of. Reminds me of Obummer. 
unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 6:20am
ITS CRAP AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT IS CRAP. I HAVE TOLD THEM A COUPLE TIMES THAT I HOPED THEY WOULD GO BANKRUPT, BUT, THEY KEEP ON!!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 3:44am
The key to the city speech just aired a few minutes ago.
Bulls--t on all parts! Enough! Can we just admit Liberty Mutual sells car insurance, they don't need horrible commercials to prove it. Because of the way they continue to annoy me with that frigging EMU, they are now #1 on the sh!tlist for insurance companies. Yes, GEICO, you're now a very close second. The emu is more annoying than the Gecko.

Liberty liberty liberty my A$$.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
ilovewings1 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovewings1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 5:43pm

STOP STOP STOP  with the horrible, dumb, mindless and most of all REPETITIVE COMMERCIALS
MY GOD- it is non-stop- constant commercials and of course who do you think pays for all of this advertising-- THE CUSTOMER

So some people sit around a table and think, God, we are geniuses- these commercials
 are f**king brilliant

They ARE NOT BRILLIANT- THEY ARE STUPID

I can tell you just based on these horrible, stupid repetitive commercials

I WILL NEVER EVER EVER PURCHASE LIBERTY MUTUAL

Oh, my husband asked me: so what does it mean to only buy what you need

I have no f**king idea---
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 7:52pm
I always sort of liked this one.  Catchy tune. over quick, to the point.
There's a sucker born every minute.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 9:56pm
I just saw our Dumtastic Duo saving Mrs. Pat (of buffoon Toyota ads) some $$
they gotta watch this crossover stupidity..if these retard worlds mix, who knows what
armageddon could result?
Chakadog100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chakadog100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 11:55pm
Liberty,liberty, liberty gingle is the WORST MOST ANNOYING F'N COMMERCIAL ON EARTH! I WOULD NEVER EVER, EVER PURCHASE ANY INSURANCE FROM THIS PATHETIC COMPANY JUST DUE TO THEIR STUPID AND ANNOYING AND UNNECESSARY REPETITIVE ADVERTISING!!!!!!!!   IT IS BEYOND ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chakadog100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 11:59pm
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. EVERYONE THAT I KNOW HATES THE DAMN LIBERTY, LIBERTY........ COMMERCIALS!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE F'N ASSHOLES! MOST ANNOYING GINGLE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM FOR THIS REASON ALONE!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chakadog100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 12:06am
LIBERTY MUTUAL COMMERCIALS CAN SUCH A D**K!!!!!!!!!!!! MOST ANNOYING CRAP EVER AND BEYOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MYSELF AND ANYONE I KNOW WILL NEVER PURCHASE INSURANCE FROM STUPID LIBERTY SIMPLY DUE TO THE ANNOYING AND CONSTANT BOMBARDMENT OF THEIR F'N CRAP ADVERTISING THAT NEEDS TO STOP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IDIOTS! THEY MUST HAVE HIRED AN IDIOT FOR HEAD OF MARKETING OR CMO MORE LIKE CHIEF MOREON!!!!!!!!!!!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 2:22pm
C Dog has some HURT FEELINGS
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 9:43pm
Keep shoving that Liberty x4 s--t into the ground. They reported net income of over a billion in the first six months of 2019 alone.
How much of the billion plus was spent on the most stupidest ad campaign for an insurance company EVER?
I can't watch any channel now without seeing Limu Emu or the bumbling actor every hour or so.

Ian16545 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian16545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 10:48am
These ads are just lame as all get out—and the whole "Liberty, Liberty, Li-ber-ty, Li-ber-ty" jingle ain't any better either. Which is why I always mute at the end tagline and sing an older jingle they used to do over it:

America... believes in Liberty... Li-ber-ty Mu-tu-al Insurance!

Or after the "Only pay for what you need" part, I simply recite the first slogan I remember from them:

That's the Freedom of Liberty.

More often than not, old ways are the best way. And LiMu, in my view, is no exception.
One call... destroys 'em all!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I was going to say how difficult it is to find new Liberty Mutual commercials.  Shame on me!

This has turned into the most annoying commercial on TV!

That stupid freaking siren, Doug yelling like a friggin idiot!  I hate you Liberty Mutual!
unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 5:36pm
That female in the audience with her phony emu is TOO CUTE TO BE THAT STUPID!!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 7:10pm
This F______N EMU and the dumba$$ doing outtakes - two reasons why I mute my TV at the commercial break.

Liberty liberty liberty my a$$.
unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 3:07am
That dildo of a struggling actor is probably pres. of the company. As much as I and others hate those commercials and the dumbasses in them, I can't help but wonder where they are getting the funding for those half-assed, ignorant commercials. I'd go to  jail before I paid them for anything, but, they are getting it somewhere.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 5:01pm
The latest from Doug and the Limu Emu?  I can't find the video.

Doug, the douchebag, is riding a Harley!  I think.  And guess who is in the sidecar?  STFU with your stupid CGI videos of stupidity!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
  Share Topic