Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty Mutual - Limu Emu?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liberty Mutual - Limu Emu?!
    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 2:39am
What the F--K did I just see?!!! Take this, and the other commercials, and shove these under your stupid jingle's A$$ Liberty Mutual. I will never use this company as long as I live! AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 5:45pm
Newsflash! The other insurance companies have been doing this for decades!

Oh!  Did they rent the emu from Progressive?

So much f*cking stupidity at one time!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 2:11pm
There are 3 of these new commercials according to iSpot. They have disabled the videos. I found this one on YouTube.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 5:57pm

A Florida Man Was Attacked And Killed By A Bird Often Referred To As A "Living Dinosaur"

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/michaelblackmon/florida-man-attacked-killed-cassowary-bird-dinosaur
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 6:36pm
^^^YES! I saw that about the idiot raising possibly the most dangerous bird on earth - just a little more dangerous than an emu. 
Makes one wonder what Liberty was thinking when they put out this series of commercials.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 1:16am
Another stupid animal mascot like the Geico Gecko, The Progressive Box, Flo and Jamie, etc.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 4:07pm
^^^A VERY BAD example since some kid is going to fall in love with emus because of this commercial, then go try and touch one. He will probably get killed.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 5:41pm
I think the ASPCA, WWF and other animal advocates will black flag this one.

The Emu is eating something in the desk drawer...This is about car insurance, right?
Then has a spastic case of projectile vomit!

Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:23pm
I like the 71 yellow Duster.  Had a red one.  New off the lot $1.995.00.
There's a sucker born every minute.
zez300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zez300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

I like the 71 yellow Duster.  Had a red one.  New off the lot $1.995.00.
Best part of the commercial! ONLY good part of the commercial!!!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:15am
Liberty Mutual ... These adholes are very rapidly becoming one of my top hated advertisers. You know what, Liberty? Come here... sit down ... now you listen to me. Stop it. OK? Stop it. Cut the crap, put down the hashpipe, and quit putting stupid-ass tripe like this on my television. It's companies like YOU, that have made me have to watch sporting events with the sound off, and to constantly record everything else, just to fast-forward through garbage like this. I can't watch live broadcasts anymore. I just can't. Stop. All right? STOP IT!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:25am
THE F__K DOES AN EMU HAVE TO DO WITH CAR INSURANCE?!!!
Liberty Liberty Liberty my a$$! OK?! Will never use them as long as I live, thanks to their horrible ads and the people who greenlighted them. Who thought 'liberty, liberty, liberty...liberty' was a good jingle? A 5th grader? Send them off to hard labor in Siberia...please!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:57pm
"Hey Biff, what ya doin for lunch?"
"Gonna smoka few joints ..but i only have an hour before i
have to go back to work writing for the Liberty Mutual ad campaign"
"Cool -we can get high and watch Nature tv specials-its on EMUS"

..and THATS how this happened.
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
jhold-author View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhold-author Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 10:41pm
I don't like these emu commercials because they're cashing in on an idea I had first.

In 2015 I posted a series of stories about a man and his companion ostrich at www.smashwords.com. In 2016 I took the stories down and published them as a book on Amazon. The book is called INCIDENTAL CONTACT - THE WEIRD MENACE ADVENTURES OF O'RYAN AND HIS OSTRICH. It's available for anyone to see. Three years later Liberty Mutual starts running their commercials about a man and an emu. 

I've contacted them several times about this but they don't reply. I don't understand the reason they're ignoring since I'm not asking anything of them other than a simple polite acknowledgement that I had the idea before they did. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 1:19am
I can see your concern, but in a way I would also have to brush it aside as that would be like the writers of the TV series 'Lassie'  going after the writer of the song 'Me and You and a Dog named Boo'...and I bet that is what's happening to you (with all due respect, I'm not trying to make light of your situation).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhold-author Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 2:02pm
Sorry, PaWolf, but your Lassie –Boo analogy doesn't hold water. In the song, Boo is just a sideline character, mentioned only in the chorus, and plays no role in the verses. He could easily be left out and no one would notice. My stories, and later book, are about a quirky human male actively engaging in scenarios with a large flightless bird—which is exactly what the Liberty Mutual commercials are presenting. And as I said, I'm not demanding anything of them. I'm not threatening legal action or seeking compensation. All I'm asking is that they acknowledge the existence of my book coming before their ad campaign.

When Mister Ed first appeared, the creators of the show had no problem with admitting, off-air, that Francis the Talking Mule preceded them. So what harm could there be in Liberty Mutual doing the same thing? How could it hurt them? They even went so far as to delete my post when I commented on their Facebook page. That, it seems to me, is rather shoddy behavior for a company that advertises itself as caring for others.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^^^YES! I saw that about the idiot raising possibly the most dangerous bird on earth - just a little more dangerous than an emu. 
Makes one wonder what Liberty was thinking when they put out this series of commercials.
AdTards thinking?LOLLOL
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 10:50pm
Liberty Liberty Liiiiibbbeeerrrrtyyyyy.  Libertyyyyyy.

I can't get it out of my head.  Make it stop.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhold-author Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 8:21pm
Why is my post of 20 Apr 2019 at 2:02 pending approval? 
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 11:34pm
Why do they pronounce it e-moo instead of e-mew? Just to get it to rhyme? Or are they completely unaware how it's pronounced?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhold-author Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 6:46pm
What is the point of a forum if you're not allowed to participate in it? My last two posts are still pending approval. Why? I haven't said any thing wrong in them other than to challenge PaWolf's comment. Is PaWolf an administrator and he cannot tolerate being corrected? This is bull****!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 4:08am
Originally posted by jhold-author jhold-author wrote:

What is the point of a forum if you're not allowed to participate in it? My last two posts are still pending approval. Why? I haven't said any thing wrong in them other than to challenge PaWolf's comment. Is PaWolf an administrator and he cannot tolerate being corrected? This is bull****!
We can see your posts.  It's just a process to make sure you're not a bot. Keep posting and you will have full access.  Thumbs Up
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by jhold-author jhold-author wrote:

I'm not an admin - I'm nothing more than you are and only disagree with you.
If what you say could be proved, then all you would have to do is provide your copyright documents, I would think...https://www.authorsguild.org/where-we-stand/copyright/
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 8:15pm
Need I say more...go away EMU! I've seen it at least 10 times in the past 2-3 days. Liberty Liberty Liberty my a$$!
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 3:58pm
Limu the Emu and Doug the Slug!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic