Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Peter Tork

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Peter Tork
    Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 3:12am
Peter Tork (Thorkelson), bass guitarist and keyboardist for The Monkees has passed away at the age of 77.

My favorite Monkee as a kid.

Hey, hey you were a Monkee.

And people said you Monkeed around.

But you were too busy singing.

To put anybody down.

RIP Peter.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 3:21am
I wore out the 45 for this song when I was a kid. RIP

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 4:02am
I was reading the Wikipedia page about him.

It said that on their first two albums they weren't allowed to play any instruments, even though they could play well. After the first two albums, they started playing their instruments and it was Tork, a trained an experienced musician in his own right, who composed and played the piano intro on that song.

It also quoted Tork from an interview in which he stated that he they been allowed to do what each of them was best at, Davy Jones would have been the drummer, Tork would have played guitar (and I assume keyboards), Nesmith would have played bass and Dolenz would have been the vocalist/front man.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 5:26pm
Well, *I* was always a Michael Nesmith fan, but Peter Tork always came in a second...RIP Peter Tork, and thanks, except for this recent little effort...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 5:42pm
Does anyone remember this one from Nesmith? It looks like MTV prime time.  Not sure of the release date of the song. I heard it on the radio in the mid-80s.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 2:41am

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 2:50am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Does anyone remember this one from Nesmith? It looks like MTV prime time.  Not sure of the release date of the song. I heard it on the radio in the mid-80s.

I remember some song he did in the early 80's around '82 or '83, but it wasn't that one.

Did you know that after the Monkees, he inherited a fortune worth about $40 million dollars from his mother who invented and owned the patent to White Out typewriter correction fluid?

That stuff you posted a picture of in the weather thread the other day.

Mike Nesmith's mom was an industrial chemist and she invented that stuff.

True story.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic