Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hump day ad on a Thursday?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hump day ad on a Thursday?
    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 1:12pm

Not really a bad commercial but not really valid outside of Wednesday. Don't the TV stations pay attention to this sort of stuff when airing the ads? Was Geico billed for air time? Kind of like playing Thanksgiving or Christmas sale ads after those holidays.
Sponsored Links

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 3:03pm
I despise this commercial and was hoping to NEVER see it again.  It's less about the commercial (though it does suck) and more about how for years, I've had to listed to people walking around parroting back that "what day is today" line every friggin Wednesday.  That sh*t wasn't funny six years ago and it hasn't gotten any funnier over time.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 7:35pm
Count me in! Geico isn't getting a dime from me, thanks to their awful commercials. I had to mute this one every time it aired in 2013. 'UH OH! GUESS WHAT DAY IT-' CLICK! Now I have to do it all over again. Their ad campaigns (except the Gecko and their oldest ads like the Squirrel) can go to hell. Especially that freakin' Maxwell. 
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 6:24am
How can it be 'Hump Day'?  They never show the camel (or the people, for that matter) humping... LOL
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 6:44pm
I just hope Progressive doesn't go this low in their ads, by recycling the 'best of Flo' - shhh, don't tell 'em.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 3:53pm
When this ad first came out it was before I retired from Active duty. Considering that my first name is "Mike" I had an endless stream of soldiers coming into my office every Wednesday saying "Mike, Mike, Mike...what day is it?!" By mid-afternoon I was ready to start shooting people. 
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic