Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

M Mcconaghey Inscrutable Doosh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M Mcconaghey Inscrutable Doosh
    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 4:30pm
AGGGH hes BACK and more incomprehensible than ever--so BEWITCHED by his own genius--what kind of WEED did he serve these poor 'guests'? Gawd hes not even that GOOD of an actor
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Sponsored Links

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 8:42pm
..so this one is SO toxic theres just nought to say?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 9:17pm
McConaughey was on Colbert last night and they did this "comedy" bit that Colbert occasionally does with guests, where they're supposedly lying on a blanket looking up at the stars while engaging in deep, philosophical conversation.

It's mostly pretty dumb, but McConaughey did take one halfway decent little swipe at himself and the Lincoln commercials.

It's from 2:10 to 2:35

The worst part is the brain dead idiot audience going ape sh*t over him with all their stupid "woo-hooing".

I hate that crap.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 2:43am
that whole campaign is so up Mr. Hey Hey HEYS hoohoo i can't see him as anything but totally into it, sketch or not..he has never hit me as being firstrate
GulDukat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GulDukat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 2:52pm
These commercials are lame.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 6:00pm
Lincoln has a target idiot audience. Why ANYONE would own a Lincoln to actually drive it is beyond me.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 2:31pm
Obviously the target audience has money for WEED
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 3:54pm
The only people who own and drive Lincolns were born while Lincoln was still President.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 11:06pm
Watching Lincoln commercials always makes me ask myself why Mercury didn't survive.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 11:43pm
Can someone please explain to me what the hell is actually going on in this commercial? It makes zero sense to me. 

Also - is that Jamie from the Prudential ads heard whining "whaa??" near the beginning? And if so, why?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 2:30pm
go to youtube and put in the Lincoln Nautilus 2019 and the search plops out a long, stupifying pool shot feature which , i guess, ties into the navigation system of this vehicle and let s the MM 'character' muse on 'i seen this befo'--it made it make sense to me in a really obtuse, unnecessarily vague way and the ad STILL sucks majorly
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 4:18pm
'Navigation System' doesn't do a lot of good in a boat that won't float for very long.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 2:46pm
i watched the Colbert/MM thing--mildly funny but hes still a super doosh and even CoalBear gets tainted with his dooshery by association..i guess u have to buy in lock and stock and barrel that laconic, texan bs is actually a form of TALENT
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 5:06pm
LOLWink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

i watched the Colbert/MM thing--mildly funny but hes still a super doosh and even CoalBear gets tainted with his dooshery by association..i guess u have to buy in lock and stock and barrel that laconic, texan bs is actually a form of TALENT

The only reason I watch Colbert is for the non-stop Trump ridiculing.

But even that isn't actually "funny".

Once Trump is gone, which hopefully will be soon, there will be no reason for me to watch Colbert anymore.

The guy just has no comedic talent. The punch lines to his jokes are predictable. You can see them coming before he's halfway through the setup, and his delivery is lame. He seems to think funny = using a snarky tone of voice. But I guess that's what millennials like nowadays.

Colbert and that snarky Liberty Mutual guy who says "No, I've got the wrong insurance company!!!" remind me of each other.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

The only reason I watch Colbert is for the non-stop Trump ridiculing.

But even that isn't actually "funny".

Once Trump is gone, which hopefully will be soon, there will be no reason for me to watch Colbert anymore.

The guy just has no comedic talent. The punch lines to his jokes are predictable. You can see them coming before he's halfway through the setup, and his delivery is lame. He seems to think funny = using a snarky tone of voice. But I guess that's what millennials like nowadays.

Colbert and that snarky Liberty Mutual guy who says "No, I've got the wrong insurance company!!!" remind me of each other...

Big smileThumbs UpThank You ol'Mule! You just put the words to the sick feelings I've suffered for years and couldn't figure out why whenever I happen across Colbert, which is almost never, which is too often.
Having said that...vive la différenceWink
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 3:09pm
Since Letterman split i just really dropped all the Late night stuff and really feel no need to check in. Colbert as a sincere host is not viable since he essentially said on the Colbert Report he was 'playing a character' --too easy to slip back into that role i'd say
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 2:47pm
This texan turdnugget should play C MANSON he thinks he is SO charismatic!!...
or JIM JONES--there ya go MM! Oscar bait for u
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 1:16am
Check this out.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/07/matthew-mcconaughey-most-handsome_n_4556189.html

There's a sucker born every minute.
flychinook View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flychinook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 3:03am
Originally posted by jon1 jon1 wrote:

Can someone please explain to me what the hell is actually going on in this commercial? It makes zero sense to me. 

Also - is that Jamie from the Prudential ads heard whining "whaa??" near the beginning? And if so, why?

You mean you don't sit in your car and go through the infotainment settings while giving a sly grin to nobody in particular?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 3:10pm
when that blooping synth starts burbling along i IMMEDIATELY switch--i think Jennifer Garner is the female MM ..ac moderately appealing 'star' with an aggressive agent that gets them these STOOPID ads--they share the same need for attention 
A2M4U View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A2M4U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 4:22am
Because Mercury became tarted up Ford's. Even more so than Lincoln. I can't think of one redeemable car that Mercury had in the last quarter of a century of their "life support" existence.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:11pm
How does a doosh differ from a douche?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:47pm
one spelling MAY be flagged..the 'wrong' one sails right thru the 'authoritahs'
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

one spelling MAY be flagged..the 'wrong' one sails right thru the 'authoritahs'
Pretty oppressive nanny state here?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic