Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good RX Crotch Scratching Kid !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good RX Crotch Scratching Kid !
    Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 7:04pm
The first time I saw this commercial I was like "Did that little boy walk into the pharmacy scratching himself ??  Nah !!!"    But it was confirmed in later viewings.   LOL  The woman's voice is so cloying and pathetic !  And now she can't afford medicine for her son's jock itch.  ConfusedLOL

" Pickle YOU...Kumquat !!"
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 8:02pm
Geez, just when you think they haven't done it all on TV Adland, here comes another boneheaded idea.  Yeah, let's get a little boy to walk around scratching his you-know-whatie.

Pharmacy Hag was gonna fleece Mom for 67 bucks at first, then she offers her the Good Rx discount.  Angry 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 8:33pm
GoodRX reference cards are free at most pharmacies and from I've seen, appear to be really good.

Now that kid has a problem and I wonder if they TOLD the kid to do that. Why does she even have that kid? She isn't paying attention to him - I always knew what my kids were doing and there were never public pubic parades. 
Having said that, the commercial reminded me of a recent morning trip to Food Lion. While checking out, the woman behind me was dealing with her blond twin spermmistakes, both in their footyjammies, one in the shopping cart, the other standing and STARING at me with his right hand buried & busy in the front of his pants. I advised Mom to buy him a toy.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 9:59am
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 2:24pm
Well. crotch-rot? Check the age of the kid and, for any MEN who remember when they were BOYS, there was this crossover period (age-wise only), there was this painful, itchy-scratchy period called 'puberty'.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 4:51pm
Juvenile Jock Itch.... Please give today!

Maybe "junior" shouldn't be playing with the dog so much.

Today GoodRx.... tomorrow Shriner's

"Don't scratch! It'll get infected!"

Guess he wants to be a baseball player when he grows up

If he scratches in public now, I hate to think what he'll be doing in public ic a few years

I've heard of the "Seven year itch", but this is ridiculous

Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 6:41pm
*I* feel for that poor brat because *I* was there when *I* was young, and he looks a lot as I did at that age ('cept I had shorter hair). 
I still recall...
- The FIRST time, when the doctor told my mother it was time to save up and get me a real toy instead of always telling me, "...we're SOOO poor that all we could afford to give you were pants with holes in the pockets so you will have pants that fit and access to something you can play with..."
- A later time when I got real confused and asked what I was supposed to do because my new pockets didn't have holes in them. Was I supposed to cut my own to size?
- Later on when the Missus got upset and asked how she could possibly be my number one woman when I was my own right-hand man?

...but, needless to say, I quit playing around and learned that 'sharing was caring' and heck, it felt a lot better, too!Big smile

<grrrr!.itchy.itchy.scratchy.scratchy!.anyone.wanna.help?>

(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 8:02pm
Virginia Dare II View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 11:53pm
Great thoughts, everyone !   Clap   I think the little actor kid had an itch and like most kids, they just adapt the "scratch like no one's lookin' "   philosophy.    Maybe "Good RX" didn't have enough money in the till for a re-do on the commercial !   Tongue
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 12:10am
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 2:18am
CryI'm kinda all irritated an'scratchin'! Can ANYONE hold my hand and walk up to the pharmacist with me, pleaauuuuzzzz???!
Virginia Dare II View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 4:01am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

CryI'm kinda all irritated an'scratchin'! Can ANYONE hold my hand and walk up to the pharmacist with me, pleaauuuuzzzz???!

Well thanks to Good Ole Good RX,  I think we can afford your Itchy And Scratchy Cream Salve With Exotic Animal Butters  !  Thumbs Up
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 2:09pm
I couldn't see it on this thread. ISpot won't like you "share' the video.

I'm assuming this clip? Mom, it's time to have the talk - speak to your son about picking up dirty hookers. Especially tell him "Mommy can't afford your crotch creme medication every month for your crabs."

--By the way, the comments above crack me the f- up! LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 7:06pm
Waaaaaaaaaay back when I was a wee child named 'Studley DoRight' and leased out from street farmers' markets to the wealthy parents of beautiful little girls for private 'picture taking' & 'how to make friends with boys' lessons, I would occasionally come back all itchy-scratchy. My Mom would drag me all itchy-scratchy up to the pharmacist's counter for a brand-spankin'-new comb and shampoo. I used to get SO excited because it worked just as well as Dad's Ronson lighter fluid, yet wasn't anywhere near as painful on  ol'tender 'TeddyForeskin'...I always got this'cause I could always remember the red stop sign and I couldn't readThumbs Up 
video-img

and I think I even got to be a poster child for 'Crablessness & Cleanliness'
EVERY household should this for their itchy-scratchy ones and store it with the pesticides.
No itchies.
No scratchies.
No crabbies.
Maybe scabies...
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 6:30am
The pharmacist missed a chance to upsell by sending the kid to the stain remover & underwear sections of the pharmacy...  LOL

Quote EVERY household should this for their itchy-scratchy ones and store it with the pesticides.

Pesticides for... pesticles...?   LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 11:03am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

The pharmacist missed a chance to upsell by sending the kid to the stain remover & underwear sections of the pharmacy...  LOL

Quote EVERY household should this for their itchy-scratchy ones and store it with the pesticides.

Pesticides for... pesticles...?   LOL

LOLLOLLOL
...but wait! Just remember...YOU started it!
Jolosoho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolosoho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 7:05am
The mom seems a little old to have such young children. Maybe she’s just overworked and tired. 🤷‍♀️
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:21pm
Neeehhhh....she's mid-to-late breeding age, housewife/housemaid/diner waitress-stock.
She NEEDS to steam clean the kids' beds, especially little mister crabs-on-dice, who is a 'public puberty participant'.

You can even ask aka - he'd probably hit it....LOLWink 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Neeehhhh....she's mid-to-late breeding age, housewife/housemaid/diner waitress-stock.
She NEEDS to steam clean the kids' beds, especially little mister crabs-on-dice, who is a 'public puberty participant'.

You can even ask aka - he'd probably hit it....LOLWink 
LOL

wontootee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wontootee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 1:36pm
I don't know which is odder about this commercial... the crotch scratching or that she closed the front door on her way in.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 1:39am
Originally posted by wontootee wontootee wrote:

I don't know which is odder about this commercial... the crotch scratching or that she closed the front door on her way in.
SmileWelcome aboard.

I don't know where you live but there are still MANY places with stores that have front doors that you have to close on your way in, especially in big cities.
Now the crotch critters? I think she could save money by calling Terminex and having him de-liced and getting him to confess as to who the dirty little girl was, so she can be flea-dipped.
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 12:24pm

It appears this pharmacy is in the seedy side of town. I noticed the door is propped open while she's dragging the kids into the store.  Are they asking to be robbed of all their percocet's and oxy's?? 

Also noticed this time around that the little girl appears to be having some kind of issue too, though not as exaggerated as the boy.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

It appears this pharmacy is in the seedy side of town. I noticed the door is propped open while she's dragging the kids into the store.  Are they asking to be robbed of all their percocet's and oxy's?? 

Also noticed this time around that the little girl appears to be having some kind of issue too, though not as exaggerated as the boy.
ShockedOh my gosh! Have you never been to the 'inner city', or not even Long Island? Not so 'seedy' (you don't get robbed or raped during daylight hours). And MOST 'Ma & Pa' shops have made agreements with the Sackler Family companies for mass-distribution of Oxy, anyway.

And I DID explain the girl, too...the little disease carrier!LOLWink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic