Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How I HATE being a captive audience to TV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How I HATE being a captive audience to TV
    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 10:16pm
These days, seemingly every place where the public gathers and spends time has TVs as if by necessity. Like I'm revealing anything new here; most anyone reading this who doesn't feel like calling me Captain Obvious hasn't been in a fast-food restaurant, post office, medical/dental waiting room, etc., in a loooong time.

The worst offender for me is the blood/plasma donation center. You can't exactly leave the room whenever Progressive or Credit Karma or whatever invades the space. That's to say nothing of what's on between the adverts. (Aargh! The they just had The Slingers on! Followed by JG Wentworth!) Most of the time they show ad-free motion pictures; otherwise I might not bother. But there'd still be the dentist and the DMV -, and they often force-feed Fox News.

I really miss Muzak. Then again, at least I can use this iPhone to rant on CIH.
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Dr. Dan Dr. Dan wrote:

These days, seemingly every place where the public gathers and spends time has TVs as if by necessity. Like I'm revealing anything new here; most anyone reading this who doesn't feel like calling me Captain Obvious hasn't been in a fast-food restaurant, post office, medical/dental waiting room, etc., in a loooong time.

The worst offender for me is the blood/plasma donation center. You can't exactly leave the room whenever Progressive or Credit Karma or whatever invades the space. That's to say nothing of what's on between the adverts. (Aargh! The they just had The Slingers on! Followed by JG Wentworth!) Most of the time they show ad-free motion pictures; otherwise I might not bother. But there'd still be the dentist and the DMV -, and they often force-feed Fox News.

I really miss Muzak. Then again, at least I can use this iPhone to rant on CIH.
Clap from a regular 2xWeek donor at my local 'Money  for nothing and My chicks for free' center. I fully support the purposes and beneficiaries of plasma donation and I like tax-free income. I'm your 'plasma whore' who is a TV PIA if my regular center which has roughly 100 beds is showing something and I want to watch something else (since they have same cable feed AND commercials I get) for the 38-45 minutes I am usually strapped up and wagging my tongue at some of the cute lassies...oh yea - donor age ranges 18-65 around here, but you CAN be an exception if you're physically fit and donate into your 70's...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 12:25am
bmasters9 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmasters9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:10am
Originally posted by (0)(0) (0)(0) wrote:

These days,...….etc...…

In the future I see a day when all builders will be REQUIRED (by law of course) to build ALL new houses with a TV built into every room. The punishment for turning them off or destroying them will be 7 to 10. (of course your cell will have one also. On 24/7)

Captive ????

And then you'll probably have some fundamentalist religious people claiming that such a law breaks God's law, and should be repealed because of the Bible (knowing how some such people seemingly feel about entertainment in general).
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:23am
bmasters9 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmasters9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 10:46am

And then you'll probably have some fundamentalist religious people claiming that such a law breaks God's law, and should be repealed because of the Bible (knowing how some such people seemingly feel about entertainment in general).

Lets not leave out the ASPCA...……. They will have to be in there someplace...………...

How would the ASPCA be involved?
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 11:02am
bmasters9 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmasters9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 11:39am

How would the ASPCA be involved?

fundamentalist religious groups...……. ASPCA...……… anyone wanting to "better" the SYSTEM...….(and receive a little cash for the effort.)

I see your point!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 4:03pm

These days,...….etc...…

In the future I see a day when all builders will be REQUIRED (by law of course) to build ALL new houses with a TV built into every room. The punishment for turning them off or destroying them will be 7 to 10. (of course your cell will have one also. On 24/7)

Captive ????
THX1138?
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

These days,...….etc...…

Captive ????
THX1138?
LOL

People want their homes wired to the hilt!  They have for many years. I don't use much wi-fi around here, but we have it. And the wife uses it all the time.  I have a TV in every room. I wouldn't be without them.
 2 in the living room
1 in the dining room
1 in the master bedroom
1 in Mama's work room
1 in the garage and this one...Under the cabinet in the kitchen.

(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:35pm
Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:07pm
I can be glad that 1) most of the time, they show major motion pictures, and 2) it isn't an election year anymore. I'm guessing that their theater license or subscription service occasionally needs renewing and the regular TV comes on until they pay the bill.
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic