Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This place has sure died...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This place has sure died...
    Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 11:51am
Hard to believe how active this website once was as compared to how it is now. The site traffic is lower than I've ever seen it and there are now commercial ads? Not good!
Back from the dead...
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 12:44pm
It has evolved! You're right, it is pretty dead most of the time. Donathan has gone straight...Well, maybe?

We have some other odd balls now.

(0)(0)  
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sports

unwanted1
Direct Link To This Post Topic: against the law

johnsonjack87
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magazine Ads
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by DARK FATHER DARK FATHER wrote:

Hard to believe how active this website once was as compared to how it is now. The site traffic is lower than I've ever seen it and there are now commercial ads? Not good!

The
Blame Netflix and Hulu partly for the decline. More and more people are cutting the cord with Netflix and Hulu, and therefore, less people are watching commercials, so less people visiting and ranting about commercials.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 9:35pm
Hello DARK FATHER!

It's so nice to see you here again!  Some of the old regulars have left for what seems to be for good, although we get new members from time to time.  I've cut down my commercials viewing on TV tremendously because, as Donathan pointed out, I'm hooked up with Hulu and Netflix and rarely watch broadcasts OTA.  A lot of the ads I see are the ones posted here!

Hope all's well in your dark world.

DRS
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 12:27am
Originally posted by DARK FATHER DARK FATHER wrote:

Well, it didn't help that you'd been gone.  Wink

I've just been finding the site kinda boring and predictable.  Lots of opinions I've heard a million times.  Part of that is because I've been on the site 12 years or something like that.  I'm jaded, I guess.

Also, sometimes I wonder if the place has died because some members actually have.  I mean, where are Insanity and Papa Lazarou, for instance?  They just simply stopped posting.  Are they dead?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 1:18am
I would agree - boring and predictable for many...no matter how much you try and bring it back to life, it goes stale. That is what I heard from Tiz.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 7:00pm
Oh well. I regret the absence of so many Revolutionaries, and Honor Rollers. I hope Jimbo will return. Good to see aka Ron, Thor DarkRealmStar and Pa are still here. I will visit more when my computer is back from the repair shop, and I no longer have to use my phone to post.
Back from the dead...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 7:27pm
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Signs of Site Death?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 1:37am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Signs of Site Death?
Wink...eh...no matter. It is a good enough topic I personally love seeing others notice the same and raising the same flag - I'll march with each and every one.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic