Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty Mutual- Witness (No Video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liberty Mutual- Witness (No Video)
    Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 3:14pm
Be aware, Liberty Mutual has a new commercial out.  Like usual, iSpot does not have the video.

A man thinks his Liberty Mutual car insurance is so good, he has to hide his face and disguise his voice to talk about it. While standing in front of the Statue of Liberty, the shadowy man says he can't tell you who he is or what he's witnessed but says, with Liberty Mutual, he only pays for what he needs. When a woman takes a picture and the flash reveals the man's face, he's forced to jump into the water to escape.

Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Be aware, Liberty Mutual has a new commercial out.  Like usual, iSpot does not have the video.

A man thinks his Liberty Mutual car insurance is so good, he has to hide his face and disguise his voice to talk about it. While standing in front of the Statue of Liberty, the shadowy man says he can't tell you who he is or what he's witnessed but says, with Liberty Mutual, he only pays for what he needs. When a woman takes a picture and the flash reveals the man's face, he's forced to jump into the water to escape.
Maybe he can retrieve the other moron's wallet.Wink
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 5:08pm
Wonder if some big ol' company has had its feelings hurt by a little group of critics?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

LOL

They've released a longer version of that one, can't find the video. He talks about a tree falling on his brand new car.  LM should define "NEW", when this extended coverage is no longer any good. Angry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 5:51pm
Good Lord!  Have a preview of this steaming pile of crap...

He wants to get insurance for his 'calves'! Wacko

A man says he switched to Liberty Mutual due to their customizable insurance options. As a fitness junky, the man says he likes to have the option to customize everything, like his bicycle and his calves. Liberty Mutual offers customers customizable car insurance plans so they pay only for the coverage they need.

My computer is telling me they spelled  customizable  wrong.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 6:26pm

LOL
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 2:01am
Good insurance comes at a price. I do think our insurance rates are way too expensive here but this name your price garbage really does come at a price and I'd hate to be the poor sucker that doesn't get what they expect because of their 'policy' because they 'named their price'.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 12:03pm

While onlookers admire the Statue of Liberty, the Liberty Mutual spokesperson explains how members can customize their car insurance plans so that they pay for only what they need. The spokesperson then exclaims how that's "great news for everyone!" At the sound of the word "news," one of the onlookers turns around to reveal that she is a news anchor herself. She takes over the ad, then turns it into an on location segment on Liberty Mutual's customization options.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 4:00pm
Yes, I've seen that new one several times. And of course, that freaking 'LIBERTY LIBERTY LIBERTY, LIBERTY' at the end of it. Never will use them for car insurance. They've become just as bad as GEICO on the advertising front.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 6:35pm
f**k them!  Still the same old bullsh*t!  Accident forgiveness,  New car replacment?

Yet they can save you $782 dollars.  They are an example of of misleading commercial or at best false advertising!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 8:31pm

f**k them!  Still the same old bullsh*t!  Accident forgiveness,  New car replacment?

Yet they can save you $782 dollars.  They are an example of of misleading commercial or at best false advertising!
Since Liberty Mutual sells insurance I feel the need to correct their You only need to pay for what you need BS. Actually it is: You only need to pay for what you MIGHT need.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 10:17pm

Since Liberty Mutual sells insurance I feel the need to correct their You only need to pay for what you need BS. Actually it is: You only need to pay for what you MIGHT need.
Considering the morons who sign up for Liberty Mutual's insurance on their ads, and the ways they admittedly drive, I would say they will DEFINITELY need whatever it is they pay for!

It's just a trick to get the low income people to carry the legal minimum.  Screw 'em.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Considering the morons who sign up for Liberty Mutual's insurance on their ads, and the ways they admittedly drive, I would say they will DEFINITELY need whatever it is they pay for!

It's just a trick to get the low income people to carry the legal minimum.  Screw 'em.
You ever drive around New York City?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 6:53pm
^ I'm not sure I could handle living in NYC!  I've driven through Chicago dozens of times.  I was always on the interstate highways. Not part of a commute to work.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:22pm

While onlookers admire the Statue of Liberty, the Liberty Mutual spokesperson explains how members can customize their car insurance plans so that they pay for only what they need. The spokesperson then exclaims how that's "great news for everyone!" At the sound of the word "news," one of the onlookers turns around to reveal that she is a news anchor herself. She takes over the ad, then turns it into an on location segment on Liberty Mutual's customization options.

Just saw this (and also saw iSpot removed the L.M. ads?)
They are really hitting an all new level of corniness and stupidity. 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 3:16am
Her name is Phoebe Buckley? More like Beebee Fugley.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 7:41am
Watch. Liberty Mutual will pull that commercial off YouTube in the next few weeks. Because, y'know, they are of such PI$$-POOR QUALITY that they don't want their ads on the Internet for people to negatively review about. But if I'm watching regular TV, they are on constantly. I don't even have cable/satellite anymore! They annoy me at least 5, if not 10 times a day on the broadcast networks.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
michael971 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 11:47pm
Liberty-Liberty-Liberty-Liberty-Liberty-
How much did they pay for that lame-ass jingle. Worst commercial song in the history of advertising.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 12:33am
They KNOW we do not like it and that's the point - when it comes to insurance renewal time and we start looking for best rates/best coverage, they KNOW we will remember them and look into them...and some percentage of those that are 'fishing' will choose LIBERTY, LIBERTY, LIBERTY, LIBERTY over GEICO or FLO & JAIMIE.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 6:54pm
I saw their ads last night! A couple times I saw the smirky female asking the viewer to 'take a pen and sign up for new car insurance...' of course I muted it before the AWFUL JINGLE. Fk them.
Jhnkill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhnkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 10:15pm
The commercial with Phoebe Buckley is beyond stupid what woman would just drop their pocketbook or purse in a public place and just walk away and leave it behind just stupid
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 11:34pm
ConfusedI'm pretty sure I've seen *3* versions of this commercial, already - one where someone calls him out, a few had flashbulbs, and another was just short and confusing. Well, they all were confusing. So you get exposed - does that mean you need to run and jump in the water? If *I* were hunting you down and saw that, I'd load up and go hang around your front door (where you couldn't see me), since I just know you'd be coming back for dry clothes.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Her name is Phoebe Buckley? More like Beebee Fugley.

LOL

The news person, the bicycle guy with tumors on his calves?  This 'disguised voice' drives me fvcking bonkers! AngryAngryAngryAngry  STFU! STFU! STFU! STFU!  Liberty!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 9:57pm
Looks like Liberty Liberty Liberty Liberty Mutual has an obsession with the Hudson River's waters in New York Harbor.  First wallets, now people jumping in.  What next?  NYPD cops finding a floating dead body and finding their Liberty Mutual Insurance Card for IDing the body?
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 1:32am
I swear to god, how many times do I have to see the corny news reporter ad?!!!!!! We should start boycotting this horrible company. Stop using their insurance. Start using insurance from companies that have less-annoying ad campaigns. I can tolerate Farmer's commercials, and State Farm minus the She-Shed(R).
LIBERTY LIBERTY LIBERTY STFU!!! AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic