Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TARGET GATHER ROUND VOCAL FRY BREATHY SONG

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TARGET GATHER ROUND VOCAL FRY BREATHY SONG
    Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 12:11am

No offense to Perry Como or his family but, never a fan of his syrupy hit parade music. Really before my time. Anyway, here we have hit or miss Tar-Gay with a definite miss. The frickin holiday advertising blitz is upon us. Yuck! I'll take the political adds any day of the week. Refer to my thread on Starbucks; seems the same hipster breathy vocal fry chick with the little girl voice has cranked out a horrible commercial for Target. She's on a roll! Starbucks and now Target. I guess all you I Phone politically correct Millennial generation love this stuff. Listen in private, don't foist it on me. Thank You!

And for your listening pleasure here's the original POS from Perry Como from 1957. Yep, there was plenty of squaresville culture back in the day. I was an infant so I don't remember. I guess if you were looking for commies in your toilet bowl you'd groove to stuff like this. Early music video. Older folks tell me the 50's had a lot of repressed peeps in the closet. I guess that's how acts like Perry Como thrived back then.
I approve this message.
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 2:52am
zippyjet, is this the one?

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 3:02am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

zippyjet, is this the one?

Yes!
Croak-A-Palooza! A cover version of a disgusting old smarmy song in breathy little girl Vocal
Fry.
I approve this message.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 6:07pm
It sounds like the (artist?) threw in some 'auto tune' as well.  Angry  Much like a thread I started with that skank c*nt Cardi B.  Yes!  She got into a fist fight with some other so called diva at a fashion show.  I don't follow this pop culture bullsh*t,  it's shoved down my throat!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 11:28pm

No offense to Perry Como or his family but, never a fan of his syrupy hit parade music. Really before my time. Anyway, here we have hit or miss Tar-Gay with a definite miss. The frickin holiday advertising blitz is upon us. Yuck! I'll take the political adds any day of the week. Refer to my thread on Starbucks; seems the same hipster breathy vocal fry chick with the little girl voice has cranked out a horrible commercial for Target. She's on a roll! Starbucks and now Target. I guess all you I Phone politically correct Millennial generation love this stuff. Listen in private, don't foist it on me. Thank You!

And for your listening pleasure here's the original POS from Perry Como from 1957. Yep, there was plenty of squaresville culture back in the day. I was an infant so I don't remember. I guess if you were looking for commies in your toilet bowl you'd groove to stuff like this. Early music video. Older folks tell me the 50's had a lot of repressed peeps in the closet. I guess that's how acts like Perry Como thrived back then.
[/QUOTE]I was 5 years old. The commies were not in our toilet bowls they were in outer space! I have a remarkably vivid memory of all the neighbors out in the street watching Sputnik pass over. There were only 9 houses on our gravel dead end street so only about 3 dozen parents and kids. Yes. Homosexuals were definitely still in the closet. When my parents were married in 1927 my Father was a cowboy on a Colorado cattle ranch. They were housed in a private cabin. My Mother (paid the same meager wages as the cowboys) cooked cleaned and cared for the non bovine livestock. Of course the cowboys cared for their own horses. She learned to prepare wild game. Fish, fowl, deer, and elk that was harvested. She also tended a large garden/small orchard and canned the fruit and vegetables used during the winter. Their musical tastes in 1957 were mostly Cowboy songs (father) and contemporary Western songs for my Mother. So I was mostly listening to Sons of the Pioneers, Hank Williams, and Patsy Cline on 78rpm records.   
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic