Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Signs of Site Death/Alzhemier's/'Dumbing-Down'?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Signs of Site Death/Alzhemier's/'Dumbing-Down'?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Signs of Site Death/Alzhemier's/'Dumbing-Down'?
    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 3:17am
Whatever happened to CIH? So many missing members, so few new...
Is everyone busy watching TV?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 3:46am
I dunno Pa.

This site is as active as just about any other and more than many.

It's just that most of the old timers have moved on.

C'est la vie.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 5:26am
You miss Donna, don't you...  LOL

I think most of the members avoid this section because they see it as the territory of the old timers & are afraid to post in it... (CMIIW)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 5:08pm

Image result for computer tower on life support funny pics

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Image result for computer tower on life support funny pics

LOL...Homey ain't no farmer, so I gotta 'Lean over the Lenovo', or any other brand machine laying around here, none of which would be a DELL....
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 5:39pm
LOL

As long as I can get an LOL from PaW, I consider that a good day! Wink

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 4:32pm
How ironic!

People are leaving because of something someone else has to say.  We can't blame Donna!

Hey Donathan, please enlighten me about what being suspended means.

You can view posts but not respond to them?

It's a crazy day on CIH.  I'm just glad I didn't get too involved.  I would be lost without this site.  I would have to pay more attention to my lovely wife, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 7:46pm
Sure, they'll be able to view posts---just like anyone else who's not even a member can.  What they can't do is view posts in the flame room or in the political forum or any forum that requires you sign in to view.  And of course they can't post or do anything that requires their log-in info. 

I hope this is temporary.

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 11:37pm
Shoot. I just saw what happened to Pa & Jimbo. I respect these guys, and I've got nothing against them. They are who they are. So if they made Nathan mad, stuff just got real.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 5:17pm
My interweb friends and fiends are few and far between!

Good thing I have my back yard buddies!

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 10:42am

How ironic!

People are leaving because of something someone else has to say.  We can't blame Donna!

Hey Donathan, please enlighten me about what being suspended means.

You can view posts but not respond to them?

It's a crazy day on CIH.  I'm just glad I didn't get too involved.  I would be lost without this site.  I would have to pay more attention to my lovely wife, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'm sorry. I just clicked on this thread literally a few minutes ago and didn't see your question until three days after you posted. What Thor answered you is the absolute truth about suspended posters. I am shocked that old timer staple pillars, Pawolf and Jimbo that have been on this site constantly since the OLD VOY CIH circa 2002 are banned now. I never thought I'd see the day that happened.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 3:25am
Some of the inside jokes are beyond my ability to understand sometimes. I've also been busy at work, and I also became a Grandfather last year.
I don't check in as often as I used to. I've also been flying back to the UK fairly often to visit my Mum, who has Alzheimers now.
One man gathers what another man spills
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Some of the inside jokes are beyond my ability to understand sometimes. I've also been busy at work, and I also became a Grandfather last year.
I don't check in as often as I used to. I've also been flying back to the UK fairly often to visit my Mum, who has Alzheimers now.

Very sorry to hear about your Mother, Jimmy.

But congratulations on your grandbaby!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 1:56am

It sucks that your Mom(Mum in the UK, ) has Alzheimer's Disease, but on the bright side, she is a Great grandmother. That truly is a blessing to live long enough to become a great grandmother.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

Very sorry to hear about your Mother, Jimmy.

But congratulations on your grandbaby!

Ditto, Jimmy!!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 2:55am
 There's always the main 'site killer'...people with personal agendas not in the spirit of the board - just makes it all a lot less interesting.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 10:47pm
ShockedNo, no. NO! Shame on YOU! This is NOT Paw..but everything in the background scares me as it looks IDENTICAL to our front room in the house we had built in Tampa, about 1980, all the way down to the stinkin' fireplace utensils!

We USED to have a fearless member here who moved to a strange city where he got 'Hooked on HULU' and never has been the same since...you know who you are and this song is for you.Big smileWink

Aaaand.....THIS shouldn't be CIH and it doesn't look identical to any time in recent history.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 5:49pm
We have to make the most of the members that are still here. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 12:11pm

We have to make the most of the members that are still here. 

Wink Is your name 'Maxwell' or do you have mice in your pocket?

'We' is the 'social exercise'-way of looking at it. This place used to be funnier and much more open. Now we have a caliber of people who get confused with little questions like "If a plane crashes on the US/Canada border, where do they bury the survivors?"
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 6:17pm
WE as in 'you and I'!

"If a plane crashes on the US/Canada border, where do they bury the survivors?"
 LOL  I love that joke.

"How far can we go on 1 jet engine...All the way to the scene of the crash!"   Some other Ron said that.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 7:53pm
....just no more commercials to hate...let's just call it a 'wrap'?

https://d2p1nnn035jt22.cloudfront.net/shoot_video/uploads/fairtrade.mp4
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:30pm
What a waste of a perfectly good bottle of water.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 12:02pm

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:59pm
Disapprove 
Deathly quiet, today. Guess we can christen the new official 'CIH Theme Song'

Or could it be 'The Alabama Purge' swept away most of our members?

(WinkOuchHere's hoping all here are fine, warm, and dry. Most sincere sympathies to anyone who lost family or friends in that mess...)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 9:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic