Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercials I have to mute

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad Jingle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commercials I have to mute
    Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 3:27am
Peloton Jay Z noise Dead The beginning especially ugh 

St Jude ...Sorry I feel for the kids but some of those commercials are a little to um... scripted and the "vocal fry" on one of the poor parents distracts/freaks me out Confused me too much.

Not crazy about Talz ad music Reminds me of someone mumbling Hark the Herald Angels 

and "Show me Love?" The diversity commercial . That song annoys me 

I also don't like the sad "guilt ads" begging me for money  ....I love animals but don't guilt me I just spent a whopper of a vet bill on my own pets Wacko
Sponsored Links

Kim S View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Kim S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 7:54pm
Most of the pharmaceutical ads that mention every bodily function known to man in graphic detail.  I have never seen it so bad, they have taken over the airways like cockroaches.  Most of them air when I'm eating.  If my husband has the remote, he knows when I start bitching, he mutes them. Blood pressure goes sky high, I'll bet.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 10:15pm
anything with bloody stools...also Oh oh OH Ozempic gets the silencer
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 2:19am
Quite a few airing now that i MUST MUTE. 
Oh Oh Oh..Ostempic (However you spell that dumb drug), This new Trelegy ad using "ABC" - pretty much every damn RX ad.

That Facebook ad with the "This is the town, there are the people song." 

Absolutely brutal! 

With the Holiday ads almost at our doorstep, it's about to get much worse!Angry

Originally posted by Ad Jingle Ad Jingle wrote:

Not crazy about Talz ad music Reminds me of someone mumbling Hark the Herald Angels 

Taltz is another one, that wussy-a** music with the wimpy narrator talking about "touch." 

NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 2:08pm
The screaming Pittsburgh Steelers kid. It rattles me for a good hour, otherwise.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 3:55pm
the Citi one with the 'dad' actor who chortles artifiicially as he gives his kids a 'foot ride' & the old soul shouter blares  'somethins got a hold on me..OH it mus be LUV" churns alng--somthing about his oh so fake guffaws and the lil kids giggles on this treacle just pisses me off
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 6:46am
Right about that.

PLUS

Flo has gotten too fat and ugly.

Lib. Mut. just keeps making an ass of itself. I'm still hoping they go bankrupt. 
unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 6:49am
That's a desperation move to sell whatever. So much for G-Rated anything anywhere anymore.
unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 7:47am
Another ...

credit karma...

the stupid bitty who wants to know how she can check her credit score...SHE NEEDS TO GROW A BRAIN FIRST!!

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 3:19pm
There's an ad with two 20 something parents dancing around to a horrible dance tune with the neverending line "I think I'm in love" with their baby sleeping nearby.
I have no idea what the ad is for, nor do I care, I'm not part of the target audience.
Whenever I hear that wretched tune playing I mute it or turn off the telly!
One man gathers what another man spills
ThisIsaUsername View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThisIsaUsername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 6:08am
Any Liberty Mutual ad.

Any Wayfair ad.

Most Progressive ads.

Any mobile carrier ad.

ANY of those godawful prescription drug ads (I seriously despise every one of them with a burning passion)

And anything with either a cringeworthy jingle/made up song for the ad or a terrible cover of a hit song.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

There's an ad with two 20 something parents dancing around to a horrible dance tune with the neverending line "I think I'm in love" with their baby sleeping nearby.
I have no idea what the ad is for, nor do I care, I'm not part of the target audience.
Whenever I hear that wretched tune playing I mute it or turn off the telly!

Yeah, I know the ad you're talking about.  But I think there's another commercial right now using that same song!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 5:26pm
^Wells Fargo...Another desperate attempt to ask/beg for forgiveness from a bunch of f*cking over paid crooks!

msubulldog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msubulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 1:46am
Any KFC commercial, any Geico commercial with "As long as.....you can count on Geico...folks save money", any Applebees carside-to-go commercial, and the new one featuring "Let Me Try Again" for Google that has started airing during the MLB playoffs.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:29am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^Wells Fargo...Another desperate attempt to ask/beg for forgiveness from a bunch of f*cking over paid crooks!

If this is the sort of "music" that the 20-somethings get excited about, I'm glad that I came from an earlier time. 
Their "dancing" is horrendous!
I hate that f**king ad!
One man gathers what another man spills
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 12:49am
This one comes to mind... Domino's "DUMMMMMMMMB" Pinch

And then there's that asshole H. Jon Benjamin in the recent Arby's ads.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic