Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OMG! UR A PIG!!! (LG Shine phone)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perun1nj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OMG! UR A PIG!!! (LG Shine phone)
    Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 4:01pm
Hi, i'm new Smile, i looked back a few pages and didn't see a topic about this commercial, so i decided to make it myself.

Okay, so i have NO idea what this commercial is supposed to be for, i think it's a phone or something, but i think i can discribe it well enough anyway.

A trendy "cute" girl and a "straight out of a chick flick" pretty boy are having lunch at some sh*tty little coffee shop in NYC or something pretty cliche like that. The girl is jabbering on about how it's "faaasion weeeek" again, while fixing her make-up by using her phone's camera as a mirror

O_O

The guy obviously isn't paying attention (who would be?), and starts to check out 2 girls walking by, who BOTH give him a seductive look, all while that overused "Chicka-chicka!" Ferris Bueller song plays. After they walk by, he uses his phone's camera to check out their asses as they walk away (Oh yeeeeeah!).

All the sudden, he gets a text message from his girlfriend, (who's sitting right next to him) that says "OMG! UR A PIG!!" he looks up and nervously stumbles, "heh... what??" "What??" she responds by giving him the dreaded eye roll. The End

Not only did this commercial fail in the sense that i remember every stupid detail about it EXCEPT the name of the phone, but EVERY concievable THING about this ad angers me! The snotty princess gossip girl, the pretty boy womanizer, the fact that they're both on their phones while having lunch, and the use of the Ferris Bueller song (which is probably one of the most overused songs for commercials)
Sponsored Links

Jack View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Fomerly Takeikin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 4:19pm
Too right you are. It seems commercials are now about everything but the thing they're advertising. I remember seeing this one, and I can't even remember what company it's from let alone what product it's for.

I sometimes think the entire ad is based on the fact that people are inexplicably attracted by vaguely South American themes including darkish people (who tend to remind one of past Brazilian Orgy videos found in shady areas of the internet) dining on a sunny patio. It seems to be more commoner by the second. :D

And yes, "Oh Yeah" is far overused. I think Ferris Bueller made it hackneyed in one go.

It's good to see you here. Welcome, take off your shoes and stay a while, party starts at seven.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 4:26pm
There actually is a thread somewhere about this.  Sometimes though, they're hard to find.

I just don't understand why the guy needs to be so obvious about looking at another girl.  Especially in the presence of his girlfriend.  Not real bright, I'm guessing.  Maybe he needs those sunglasses they used to sell, which had little mirrors on the inside of the frame---enabling you to see what's behind you.

Jack View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Fomerly Takeikin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 4:36pm
Oh, man, I always wanted a pair of those but every time I thought of it I had already spent my allowance on another toy gun. D:
B.the1st View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.the1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 4:55pm
I hate this ad and quite frankly, it screams "we'll be broken up in less than a week!" to me.  Cmon, who can take a couple like that seriously?
Skins21 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skins21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 6:08pm
Stupid commercial...but damn....Lauren Conrad is HOT.....
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 6:22pm
This is that commercial featuring those loser-nobodies from MTV's "The Hills". I hate this commercial and I can't stand anyone on that show. Vapid, conceited trash - why the hell are these people famous? I hate how they expected us to know who they are. Sorry world, but I'm not some TMZ-obsessed teeny bopper who spends her free time watching crap like this. I actually have a life. 
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 6:48pm
http://forums.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1125

So, they are sitting 2 feet away from each other and princess has to send a text?Wacko
"OMG, UR A Pig and will cheat on me as soon as my back is turned, but I like being your
arm candy Dylan."
"What?" "What?"
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 6:50pm
Trophy Twit
The artist formerly known as Madawee

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 7:18pm
Trophy tw@t!!

I went there.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 7:20pm
Here's the ad.

That "Oh Yeah" thing is what they always use on The Simpsons whenever Duff Man shows up somwhere.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Perun1nj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perun1nj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 9:03pm
GRR! THAT EYE ROLL SHE DOES AT THE END OF THE COMMERCIAL!!! It makes me just want to grab her by her perfectly brushed hair and punch her in her perfectly made-up face.

"Fashion week's coming up!"

these two people should be bludgened to death with their phones!!!

BTW thank you for the kind welcome Smile
dipskat View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dipskat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 9:25pm
Yeah, I'm getting really sick of these airhead Hollywood stereotypes. Bleh--they all should be killed, effective immediately.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 9:36pm
I created the original thread on this commercial, and I think it's kind of funny we both arrived at Ferris Bueller's day off for the "Oh Yeah" song, though I forgot Duff Man used it too.
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 9:40pm
I will admit that the woman is hot.  But I am sick of the damn commercial.  It plays all the time.  I am not going to get that phone, when I get a new one.  I am going to get a Black Berry
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2008 at 12:26am

"What?.......... Where?........... When?"

B.the1st View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.the1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2008 at 12:42am
I admit that as someone who never watched even so much as one minute of "The Hills," before this thread I had no clue who these two were.  As noted by my earlier comment, they just seem like an idiotic superficial Barbie & Ken couple.  Hmmm...my ignorance kind of makes them look MORE pathetic, because there they sit thinking EVERYONE knows who they are!  But sorry for them, not all of us are familiar with the pseudo-reality MTV shows.  The first few seasons of "The Real World" were cutting edge and endearing.  After that, the entire genre took a plunge, IMO.  So in a way, this commercial makes them look even worse than they already are!  That makes her obnoxious eye roll even more comical...like "sorry Hon, don't know ya, and don't care."

I'd make a great juror on some "plastic fake-celeb of the moment" case.  I never know who these people are, and I never care!
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2008 at 1:09am
The only Hills I know have eyes (I & II)
mtv is an auto ignore for me.
I am not worried about missing anything intellectual.
was feeling nostalgic
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2008 at 1:26am

Amazing what sight alone can do with a commercial.

What if it was a "Scratch & Sniff"?

Thank goodness for the neighborhood 'Free Clinic'.

My dinner is on its way up, simply thinking of the possibilities...Dead

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2008 at 1:32am
I've never seen The Hills either.

Or the Kardashians or any of the other media whore scum that has somehow managed to become celebrities nowadays.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2008 at 1:51am
I had no clue who those two morons are(and I'm in their prime demographic), although I am male.    I cannot stand MTV.    The entire purpose of the network has been defeated.   No music, just reality crap.    

On to the commercial, I though they were just some stupid generic actors(the typical generic pretty boy from chick flicks and some ditzy blond).     And the phone, I'd never get that.    I could see that shiny screen/phone getting scratched and smudged easily.    It would drive me batsh*t crazy.    I don't even like how regular phone screens or ipod screens get smudged.   Imagine that screen from the commercial!!
rocketman70092 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman70092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2008 at 2:44am
I'm really proud to be amongst the many posters who had no idea who these f*ckwits are.

What ever happened to the days of actually demonstrating SOMETHING the product does? All I know about the phone is it apparently has a really reflective surface.
britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2008 at 4:22am
I would like to see a spoof of this commercial where an old school muscle car....maybe a 69 Camaro SS veers wildly out of control and on to the pavement where....well, something terrible happens to those two. 

ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2008 at 5:09am
Pig

felt like putting that here.LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
anankha View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anankha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2008 at 1:06pm
I am in their target demographic(I am even female and I occasionally watch MTV) but I had no clue who they were. I also would hate to have that phone because it would get smudged the first day I owned it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic