Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Comcast Internet Essentials - THAT MUSIC!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Comcast Internet Essentials - THAT MUSIC!
    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 1:16pm
My God...am I the only nutcase that will sometimes wake up in the mornings with music from a commercial in their heads...or is it just me? I don't know if I dose off with the TV on and a commercial of a car ad - or whatever- that uses some sh*t band, music plays and somehow it gets embed in my damn brain... I admit it happens often for god knows what reason and I hate my brain for that. 

Recently I've been waking up and its a song from - I THINK - from GM (lyrics of some recent  sounding pop/rock song "Give me That fire....wooo woooo wooo") is stuck in my f'ing brain, I dont even know who the f sings this. For the first hour I'm up, it's literally torture.

Now THIS morning...I'm in bed kind of 1/2 asleep, the sun is not even up yet...thinking WTF is wrong with me!? Well this pile of utter crap from Comcast Xfinity (not even a song, its just music with an odd scream) is now in my head. Just the looping scream from the ad going over and over in my head. I do have pretty intense anxiety, like many..my mind never shuts the f- off, especially at night when I'm in bed...so maybe thats a reason?  I just dont know. 

Why..WTF!?? It's not like I like the song//music, in fact every time it has been playing for the past 3, 4 weeks, it's been driving me up the wall!.  I HATE the ad, these little brats in the commercial (the one yelling for no reason, the other one cant be bothered because shes trying to some homework)

Only solution..which I'm doing right now. earphones on and listening to some classic rock, 80s, 90s music..Hell anything! Angry Maybe a another solution would be get some potent sleep medication and maybe this will shut my brain off....lol. I dont know?? lol

ON THE BRIGHT side I guess..it could be far far worse. Look the morning I wake up with "Liberty Liberty Liberty" or that "Heaven is Place on Earth" song in my head, thats the morning I will roll out of bed and out my 2nd story window.

This..is the junk I'm talking about.

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

My God...am I the only nutcase that will sometimes wake up in the mornings with music from a commercial in their heads...or is it just me? I don't know if I dose off with the TV on and a commercial of a car ad - or whatever- that uses some sh*t band, music plays and somehow it gets embed in my damn brain... I admit it happens often for god knows what reason and I hate my brain for that. 

Recently I've been waking up and its a song from - I THINK - from GM (lyrics of some recent  sounding pop/rock song "Give me That fire....wooo woooo wooo") is stuck in my f'ing brain, I dont even know who the f sings this. For the first hour I'm up, it's literally torture.

Now THIS morning...I'm in bed kind of 1/2 asleep, the sun is not even up yet...thinking WTF is wrong with me!? Well this pile of utter crap from Comcast Xfinity (not even a song, its just music with an odd scream) is now in my head. Just the looping scream from the ad going over and over in my head. I do have pretty intense anxiety, like many..my mind never shuts the f- off, especially at night when I'm in bed...so maybe thats a reason?  I just dont know. 

Why..WTF!?? It's not like I like the song//music, in fact every time it has been playing for the past 3, 4 weeks, it's been driving me up the wall!.  I HATE the ad, these little brats in the commercial (the one yelling for no reason, the other one cant be bothered because shes trying to some homework)

Only solution..which I'm doing right now. earphones on and listening to some classic rock, 80s, 90s music..Hell anything! Angry Maybe a another solution would be get some potent sleep medication and maybe this will shut my brain off....lol. I dont know?? lol

ON THE BRIGHT side I guess..it could be far far worse. Look the morning I wake up with "Liberty Liberty Liberty" or that "Heaven is Place on Earth" song in my head, thats the morning I will roll out of bed and out my 2nd story window.

This happens to me all of the time! We used to leave the TV on in the bedroom as a nightlight.  There was always 80 pounds of dog laying around. We didn't want to step on her.  Now, I guess it's just habit.

The freaking Wayfair (Elvis) song.
Anything from Applebees.

I end up turning the sound down almost all of the way.

I was just thinking last night...How do I relax my thoughts to help me fall fast asleep? 
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

This happens to me all of the time! We used to leave the TV on in the bedroom as a nightlight.  There was always 80 pounds of dog laying around. We didn't want to step on her.  Now, I guess it's just habit.

The freaking Wayfair (Elvis) song.
Anything from Applebees.

I end up turning the sound down almost all of the way.

I was just thinking last night...How do I relax my thoughts to help me fall fast asleep? 

I feel better..I suppose, guess I'm glad I'm not the only one here with this major malfunction :)
Oh and that Elvis Wayfair song...ehh, yeah that's painful!

Ihad a looping MP3 of rain sounds, "a Soothing thunderstorm", recently even  this website www.asoftmurmur.com , it just doesn't work like it used to. Simply put, I NEED to stop watching the TV before sleep...just shut it all down 1-2 hours before bed. I'm sure this does't help me.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 2:20pm
The song sounds like it might be some 70s Philly Soul song.  Or maybe a copy of that style.  Or Barry White's Love Unlimited Orchestra.  The strings and the near-disco sound make me think this.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

The song sounds like it might be some 70s Philly Soul song.  Or maybe a copy of that style.  Or Barry White's Love Unlimited Orchestra.  The strings and the near-disco sound make me think this.

Do they "make you" think it, or do you have a subconscious desire to think it, based on some deep-seated, long suppressed emotional conflict?

Maybe it's time you spoke to a professional about it.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic