Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arby's - H. Jon Benjamin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arby's - H. Jon Benjamin
    Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 8:30pm
I'm in Hell. Why? Because I don't like H. Jon Benjamin. Who is H. Jon Benjamin, you ask? He is the voice "talent" of the main characters in animated series "Archer," and "Bob's Burgers," and now he's doing Arby's commercials, as the brand new "head of sandwiches!" DeadDeadDead He has a MASSIVE fanbase and cult following, and unfortunately for me, who is NOT a fan, who doesn't give a sh1t about his shows, and finds him annoying and sickening with that nasal voice of his, it looks like he's going to be nearly impossible to avoid, as he could be in this for a LONG time, because of his popularity. Ving Rhames and H. Jon Benjamin are now together, and I'm in Hell. Ouch

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:55pm
ConfusedI have no idea who this guy is...but then again, my life changed when I quit reading 'Nancy', along with all other cartoons, newspaper, idiot box, or otherwise...and I haven't seen any of these commercials, yet.
No impact here.
Wink
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 1:35am
So, they ripped off this wonderful 80s song and substituted the word "promises" with "sandwiches"?

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

So, they ripped off this wonderful 80s song and substituted the word "promises" with "sandwiches"?

I had no recollection of the 80s song but watched the video and rated it OK. As far as destroying it in a commercial? Substitute "sandwiches sandwiches" with "money money". They have no shame.Angry
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 6:21pm

I love that old song, I was not keeping promises either.
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I love that song too, it's beautiful,haunting and chilling
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 7:54pm
Professional studio musicians with Fab Boys playing the part.  Probably would crash and burn playing live.  Back when all the 80's gay groups came out, and man there was a lot of them.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.
There's a sucker born every minute.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 5:11pm
That guy's voice wears on my last nerve!  And, I'm pretty sure he set off my 'gaydar'. Ermm

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I love that song too, it's beautiful,haunting and chilling
LOLLOL
I laugh every time I read this.

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 11:41pm
And still...Vang Rhames and the farting music in the end are STILL there!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 3:40am
I hate this guy's voice so much. I associate it with Bob's Burgers and Archer and all those idiotic stoner shows on Adult Swim. It's so "ironic hipster".
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

And still...Vang Rhames and the farting music in the end are STILL there!
this across the board clutter is similar to Sprint with the Sprintern, Verizon (can u hear me now' douche and the robots...WHY do these big cos. think that introducing MORE focal points to there lameo ads makes them NEW or better?
Also isnt this butt nugget the voice of Progressive D-Box? Hey dude--u are VOICE talent--stay out of the camera--u make Adam Lisagor look ATTRACTIVE
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 5:46pm
This H J Assbag is really pissing me off!  That freaking nasal voice, all of that kinky hair? How do I know his gay hair isn't getting on my sandwich?

Go ahead and howl like I just ran you over with my truck!  Angry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 4:50pm
Christ!  The search engine is running very well today!

Is this DB supposed to be funny? I think he needs a knuckle sandwich!  STFU!  Angry

Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 12:02am
A knuckle sandwich for a knucklehead.
There's a sucker born every minute.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic