Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lipozene ad with Rodney & Holly Robinson Peete

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lipozene ad with Rodney & Holly Robinson Peete
    Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 4:54pm
Talk about insta mute!!!

I don't mind Rodney so much, even if he is shilling for what is likely a shyster, rip-off product, but that wife of his is insufferable!!!

Every time she says "...I have more inner-geee more stam-in-uhhh..." I just want to cringe.

And her face looks like it's about to come through my damned TV screen and try to bite me!!!!

YIKES!!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 5:09pm
Actually, she's a very established singer & actress...and they've been a pair and raised a family for a heck of a long time - somewhere close to 30 years? Unfortunately, the make-up crowd must have been 'YungstaGanstas', or old, fat, potato-fed and country-fried white women because no matter how you look at Holly, she sort of has that 'all dressed up and made up and ready for the street'-look.

Yes, yes, yes! I'm very surprised this commercial took so long to make it to the board - I saw it at least  month or two ago and was left in such a state of shock that I lost time...I would have rather seen "Loookatchewwwww!"
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 6:32pm
Even Rodney's doctor says Lipozene is the best!

I know what I f*cking need!  I need more exercise!  kinda tough when my body is falling apart!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 7:31pm
Yeah.... "Rodney's doctor".

Translation: He was designated as "Rodney's doctor" five minutes before they started shooting the commercial, then terminated as "Rodney's doctor" as soon as shooting the commercial was finished.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Yeah.... "Rodney's doctor".

Translation: He was designated as "Rodney's doctor" five minutes before they started shooting the commercial, then terminated as "Rodney's doctor" as soon as shooting the commercial was finished.

He can't be a genuine fake TV doctor without a stethoscope around his neck and a phony ID badge.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 3:41pm
They keep saying they "lose 4x more weight".  4x more weight than what?  Than if they didn't use or do anything at all??  That would be 4x zero.  That = zero.  Anything more than that is a win.

Another thing they say---"just add Lipozene".  Once again, to what?  Exercise and an actual diet?   Then yeah, you might actually lose weight.  The wonders of it all!!  LOL

One more thing.  It's guaranteed "or your money back".  The good folks at Lipozene (literally) bank on customers not bothering to do so.  Maybe such customers don't want to be identified as fools who fall for such claims.

I think I might've been one of the fools who tried this product once maybe 15 or 20 years ago.  Or something like it.  Didn't do anything at all.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

They keep saying they "lose 4x more weight".  4x more weight than what?  Than if they didn't use or do anything at all??  That would be 4x zero.  That = zero.  Anything more than that is a win.

Another thing they say---"just add Lipozene".  Once again, to what?  Exercise and an actual diet?   Then yeah, you might actually lose weight.  The wonders of it all!!  LOL

One more thing.  It's guaranteed "or your money back".  The good folks at Lipozene (literally) bank on customers not bothering to do so.  Maybe such customers don't want to be identified as fools who fall for such claims.

I think I might've been one of the fools who tried this product once maybe 15 or 20 years ago.  Or something like it.  Didn't do anything at all.

Might have more to do with the notion many people have, that it would be more of a pain in the ass to go through all the BS than it's worth and they likely wouldn't stand by their guarantee anyway.

I know that's the way I look at those guarantees, anyway.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 4:47pm
That's why I said they bank on customers "not bothering" to get their money back.  It's just not worth it.  The other part was just an afterthought.

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 12:55pm
That doctor is so convincing! 
Director: "Lets get this very attractive thin blonde on a scale, and show her reacting to losing 40lbs in one week. - AND WHERE'S MY F'ING WIND MACHINE?!! I want this to look like a Beyonce concert!"

What a cringeworthy ad! 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Director: "Lets get this very attractive thin blonde on a scale, and show her reacting to losing 40lbs in one week. - AND WHERE'S MY F'ING WIND MACHINE?!! I want this to look like a Beyonce concert!"

What a cringeworthy ad! 

about the wind machine!!! Didn't notice that. Why would there be wind blowing on someone's face while standing on a scale??? Just adds to the overall phony-baloneyness of it all.

And you know these skinny people they always get for these things have never been one pound overweight in their lives.

Nauseating.

Plus, after reading reviews of the stuff, I found that the ingredients they use can be bought separately in any health food and supplement store for a fraction of the price.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 5:13pm

What a cringeworthy ad! 

about the wind machine!!! Didn't notice that. Why would there be wind blowing on someone's face while standing on a scale??? Just adds to the overall phony-baloneyness of it all.

And you know these skinny people they always get for these things have never been one pound overweight in their lives.

Nauseating.

Plus, after reading reviews of the stuff, I found that the ingredients they use can be bought separately in any health food and supplement store for a fraction of the price.
LOLLOL

I think she's smiling because there is a 'secret' hidden beaver fan! Tongue

Image result for famous skirt blown up picture

Her little secret...

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOLLOL

I think she's smiling because there is a 'secret' hidden beaver fan! Tongue

Image result for famous skirt blown up picture

I've always been a beaver fan, but I've never hidden it or kept it a secret...

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 5:52pm
LOLLOL
I knew we could just go every which way when talking about beaver fans!  Evil Smile

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 6:40pm

LOLLOL
I knew we could just go every which way when talking about beaver fans!  Evil Smile

Yep, and I do appreciate the set up!!!

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 7:25pm

LOLLOL

Yep, and I do appreciate the set up!!!

ErmmYou poor souls know NOTHING about 'beaver' - take it from the 'board beaver expert expat'
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 10:04pm

[QUOTE=Jimbo][QUOTE=ThatNerdInPhilly]

I found that the ingredients they use can be bought separately in any health food and supplement store for a fraction of the price.
LOLLOL

Wait...so this Cognac Root is not so rare. 
But Rodney's doctor said it was "rare." 
Rodney's doctor is a lying sack of sh*t.

Oh. I mean Konjac.

$5.99

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 10:10pm
I actually forgot Rodney played for the Philadelphia Eagles for 3, 4 seasons in the 90s. 
Not very well I might add.

It will sadden me when I see Donovan McNabb peddling some non-stick frying pan on a 3am infomercial soon. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 10:13pm

I found that the ingredients they use can be bought separately in any health food and supplement store for a fraction of the price.

Wait...so this Cognac Root is not so rare. 
But Rodney's doctor said it was "rare." 
Rodney's doctor is a lying sack of sh*t.

Oh. I mean Konjac.

$5.99

It's mostly the glucomannan that does the weight loss stuff.

You can go to the health food store and buy a big jar of it and it does basically the same thing.

I think the Lipozene has other stuff in it that acts as energy boosters and whatnot, but you can get that stuff separately too.

C'mon, man!
Nuclear Witch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclear Witch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 1:32pm
OMG it's like i'm talking to myself here!! I have those same exact complaints and i too tried that crap years ago with NO RESULTS.  And by the time you know it doesn't work you've already taken it all!!!Angry
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Nuclear Witch Nuclear Witch wrote:

OMG it's like i'm talking to myself here!! I have those same exact complaints and i too tried that crap years ago with NO RESULTS.  And by the time you know it doesn't work you've already taken it all!!!Angry

Welcome to CIH, Nuke.

And thanks for bumping my old thread!!!! Wink

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic