Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Entresto- The Beat Goes On (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Entresto- The Beat Goes On (video)
    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 11:06am
For once I'd like to see the adholes come up with an original, creative idea.  NO!  Let's just dig up some corny old song! AngryAngry

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 3:39pm
FFS! What's with stupid fascination with remaking songs from 1960s and 1970s? Enough already!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 4:12pm
Speaking of "the beat".... somebody needs to take the adhole who came up with this idea out behind the building and give him an ASS beat.

Then, about the time he thinks the ass beat is over...

The beat goes on....

The beat goes on....

The beat goes on....

The beat goes on....

The beat goes on....

The beat goes on....

The beat goes on....

The beat goes on....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 4:34pm
^LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 4:45pm
Dat man be day-ed!!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 11:04pm
Oh Censored them!
You know what taking these old tunes, slapping them into new ads reminds me of. The HORRIFIC movie and TV trends of "reboots" Like taking the show "Fantasy Island" and turning this into a movie (announced last night - - who asked for this??)

Taking "Magnum P.I"....bringing that back to CBS. "The Greatest American Hero," another one getting a reboot for ABC.  A reboot of Charlie's Angels - with that emotionless miserable looking Kristen Stewart as one of the "Angel's", which is a reboot of the 2000s flicks....which was a reboot of the 70s show. Ah...whatever. I give up. All unoriginal crap.

I'm just sad this guy is out of a job. So here's an alternate new version to make everyone feel uneasy.
...I am so sorry LOLLOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 11:33pm
That Magnum P.I. remake looks awful.

I was never a really big fan of the original, but compared to this new over the top trash, it was a masterpiece.

Tom Selleck as Thomas Magnum, had warmth and humanity. He was a regular guy who regular guys could relate to. From what I've seen of this new piece of sh*t, he's basically a cartoon character, super hero action figure who can jump on to speeding trucks (with the help of CGI like everything else nowadays) and hang on as it tumbles end over end or some ridiculous garbage like that.

What passes for entertainment today makes my stomach turn.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 6:12am
Quote That Magnum P.I. remake looks awful.

I'll watch the first one, but that'll be it.  They'd have done better to have all of the characters be the children of the people in the original show (since it was on so long ago... Wink )

"Entresto -  The Beat Goes On, Until Your Heart Stops From The Side Effects"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 1:57pm
Here's a preview....

...total POS.

At 1:57 it says all I need to know: "From the director of Fast and Furious". Translation: "this show is geared towards young dumbass dudes who have to see speeding cars being wrecked and hot chicks with nice racks".

And, in order to kiss the ass of political correctness, they've added a hot female character who is Magnum's boss/equal and who kicks the asses of men twice her size.

Makes me want to puke just thinking about it.

I hope it's cancelled after one season.

Or sooner.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Here's a preview....

...total POS.

At 1:57 it says all I need to know: "From the director of Fast and Furious". Translation: "this show is geared towards young dumbass dudes who have to see speeding cars being wrecked and hot chicks with nice racks".

And, in order to kiss the ass of political correctness, they've added a hot female character who is Magnum's boss/equal and who kicks the asses of men twice her size.

Or sooner.

No.....just....NO! Look, even his iconic Ferrari gets smashed to hell. But he'll will probably magically have a new one by the end of this episode. Yeah, I'll give this one season..but then again I gave Hawaii Five-O one season also - and Young Sheldon about 6 weeks. 

And now I fear NBC will quickly trying to compete by creating a Miami Vice reboot, which would be a damn crime! (The Michael Mann feature film 12, 13 years ago was not impressive or memorable I thought.) 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Here's a preview....

...total POS.

Or sooner.

No.....just....NO! Look, even his iconic Ferrari gets smashed to hell. But he'll will probably magically have a new one by the end of this episode. Yeah, I'll give this one season..but then again I gave Hawaii Five-O one season also - and Young Sheldon about 6 weeks. 

And now I fear NBC will quickly trying to compete by creating a Miami Vice reboot, which would be a damn crime! (The Michael Mann feature film 12, 13 years ago was not impressive or memorable I thought.) 

...And I Googled "Miami Vice reboot" ....well so much for that!  Are you freggin kidding me?? The story is dated exactly one year ago, it says "2018-19 Season" but I haven't seen squat about it. From the brilliant air-headed mind of Vin Diesel...I hope it was scrapped, but still think it will come eventually.

https://tvline.com/2017/08/02/miami-vice-reboot-nbc-vin-diesel-producing/

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 9:14pm
Rockin' out, 60s style.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:45pm
It's a hell of a lot better than O.J. lookalike singing 'Tomorrow!' in the shower!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:39pm

Oh Censored them!
You know what taking these old tunes, slapping them into new ads reminds me of. The HORRIFIC movie and TV trends of "reboots" Like taking the show "Fantasy Island" and turning this into a movie (announced last night - - who asked for this??)

Taking "Magnum P.I"....bringing that back to CBS. "The Greatest American Hero," another one getting a reboot for ABC.  A reboot of Charlie's Angels - with that emotionless miserable looking Kristen Stewart as one of the "Angel's", which is a reboot of the 2000s flicks....which was a reboot of the 70s show. Ah...whatever. I give up. All unoriginal crap.

And don't forget...Roseanne came back (well, for awhile) and Murphy Brown is returning, too.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Rockin' out, 60s style.

God, Cher was hot back then.  You just know she was one of the more "interesting" girls in high school.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:47pm
I hope they don't concoct some new, modern day douchebag version of The Rockford Files!!!!

That would suck sooooooooooo bad!!!!

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 10:24am
It just dawned on me that I haven't heard about or seen promos for the rebranded Hawaii Five-0 in years.  So I figured it just faded away and finally disappeared from TV.  But nope---it's still around.  Been around for 8 years now.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:22pm
"ALF?" It worked in the 80s...then got old and it was ended at the right time. It won't work today. 
https://tvline.com/2018/08/01/alf-reboot-warner-bros-developed-new-series/

"The Facts Of Life" reboot. I heard about this a few days ago, later that night Charlotte Rae dies.
https://tvline.com/gallery/tv-reboots-revivals-full-list-photos/#!32/the-facts-of-life-reboot/

Ridiculous!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:53pm

"ALF?" It worked in the 80s...then got old and it was ended at the right time. It won't work today. 

"The Facts Of Life" reboot. I heard about this a few days ago, later that night Charlotte Rae dies.
https://tvline.com/gallery/tv-reboots-revivals-full-list-photos/#!32/the-facts-of-life-reboot/

Ridiculous!

A new Alf would have to either be gay, female, transgender, black or some combination thereof.

Same with FOL. There would have to be a transgender character.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:57pm

Ridiculous!

A new Alf would have to either be gay, female, transgender, black or some combination thereof.

Same with FOL. There would have to be a transgender character.

The new 'Alf' would be a soaking wet illegal alien who is being searched for because Trump found out he got over the wall.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 10:26pm
Yes, the reboots are ridiculous. Albeit Will & Grace's reboot has been decent so far. But ALF and Facts of Life won't work whatsoever. I don't think today's generation of children are interested in seeing ALF, unlike those that grew up in the late 1980s. They're too into SpongeBob and YouTube videos to care.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 10:41pm
One thing is virtually for certain, the new Alf would be CGI rather than an actual puppet like the old one.

C'mon, man!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

FFS! What's with stupid fascination with remaking songs from 1960s and 1970s? Enough already!

its the same damn reason all 'muzak' is now stuff like madonna, aerosmith and journey--we who had our moments of youth THEN are NOW ready to retire and are the SPENDING MAJORITY demographic

the worst is Goodwill and their incessant DISCO days..its so weird looking for used crap and media and hearing gay NY party music and smelling that dirty laundry smell
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic