Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Geico: "More" with growing cowboy belt buckle...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico: "More" with growing cowboy belt buckle...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geico: "More" with growing cowboy belt buckle...
    Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 5:51am
Okay Geico commercial h8rz and insurance company commercial h8rz (I'm looking at you aka ron) in general, Geico has come up with something new to drive you over the edge.

The ever expanding cowboy belt buckle...

Okay, this one is pretty stupid, but not "I hate it" stupid.

More like "roll your eyes and smile a little bit" stupid.

YMMV.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 7:11am
Angry
"Expect great savings and a whole lot more"... idiotic commercials!!

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 7:23am
This is so rediculous, it's funny!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 7:26am
If you find yourself stranded and branded on Broke-down Mountain?

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 8:06am
You got that right, Ron! A whole lot more 'stupid f-ing commercials.' This is running at least 2-3 times a day, and I see the soccer celebration commercial at least 4-5 times a day, and the Harmonica at least 4 times a day as well! Geico loves to run several ads at once to annoy us to death. In fact, I've seen the soccer goallllll ad so many times that I could probably recite some of the friggen' announcer script in my sleep. 'puts the championship to BED!' Angry
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

You got that right, Ron! A whole lot more 'stupid f-ing commercials.' This is running at least 2-3 times a day, and I see the soccer celebration commercial at least 4-5 times a day, and the Harmonica at least 4 times a day as well! Geico loves to run several ads at once to annoy us to death. In fact, I've seen the soccer goallllll ad so many times that I could probably recite some of the friggen' announcer script in my sleep. 'puts the championship to BED!' Angry
I did not care for soccer. GEICO has forced me to hate it.Angry
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 5:28pm
On a another look, this commercial is dumb as dirt. So is the soccer one. At least the Memphis one has good harmoica playing. Plus it shuts that stupid gecko up!

Wait a sec isn't this just a take off on the bigger muscles bit? How orginal!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

On a another look, this commercial is dumb as dirt. So is the soccer one. At least the Memphis one has good harmoica playing. Plus it shuts that stupid gecko up!

Wait a sec isn't this just a take off on the bigger muscles bit? How original!
So many current commercials. The stupider, the better. So sad for their target demographic.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 8:06pm
The sad thing is back in the 90s they had genuinely funny ads! I love going to YouTube and seeing classics like the laughing dog, car constellation getting hit by a comet, some dudes in a car getting chased by a shopping cart, 'smaller bill' goose, and waitress wiping off mayonase on a table, among others.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 5:19pm
I feel sick to my stomach when I think about the ungodly amount of money Geico spends trying to entertain us.   AngryAngryAngryAngry

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 6:04pm
^ yeah about that ad I say "yeah right"
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 7:45pm
Geico +ads=dead horse+flogging
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 1:34pm
Their 15 minutes was up long ago.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 11:28pm
I'm just going to add these steaming piles of sh*t to the most recent thread.  AngryAngryAngry

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 2:04am

Image result for the far side im a cowboyThe whole 'Get More' series from GEICO drives me away.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 6:00pm
The Black Hole of TV viewing, don't get sucked into this abyss of commercial BS that spills into living rooms like a virus that kills but can't die.  They won't let me speak on their facebook page.  Go figure!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 4:54pm
Same old sh!t, different day! 

Check this out...

Man Who Hates Seeing So Many Geico Ads Stuffs 300 of Them Into One Frightening Video

Protesting the 'reign of milquetoast chaos'

Some say Geico is going through a golden age of creativity, from its super-viral "Hump Day" camel spot to its Cannes Grand Prix-winning "Unskippable" campaign. But Dominick Nero is not among the brand's most ardent advertising fans.

In fact, he's sick and tired of seeing a Geico ad online every three minutes.

But now, the video producer at Magnalux Pictures is fighting back. To protest what he calls Geico's "nightmarish over-saturation of the commercial market," Nero edited together the video below, titled "Every F*cking Geico Ad Played at Once." And a frighteningly Orwellian production it is.

https://www.adweek.com/creativity/man-who-hates-seeing-so-many-geico-ads-stuffs-300-them-one-frightening-video-166925/

Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 2:45am
Once I noticed that the guy with the buckle starts walking forward from the same spot every time, I couldn't un-notice it. Now I imagine that every time he is off camera he is scrambling to get back on his mark while also struggling to get the next size buckle. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic