Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you listening to now (thread #6)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are you listening to now (thread #6)
    Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 5:13pm
Group my AfgyLad son turned me on to...kind of a 'Beetle-esq'/'I Need Serious Drugs Now'-feel to their music, doncha think? I really like a lot of their stuff.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 3:02pm
I gave those guys a listen recently.  Pretty good stuff.  Definitely get a Magical Mystery Tour vibe at times.

As for listening right now, MusicBee on shuffle.
I have 168 characters remaining.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 10:39pm
...another interesting listen...but can anyone tell me why I feel sort of like a teeny bopper after listening to these cuts?
1.) Yea, that's Jack Black in the video
2.) Yea, that's George Benson on guitar, not Jack Black.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:02am
I have actually been listening to Classical music recently. I purchased several albums many years ago with the intent to someday give them a listen to broaden my taste in music.
Now that I am 61 years of age I am finally listening to them and enjoying them tremendously.
I prefer the orchestral music rather than opera, and I seem to fancy the music from the Baroque period (Bach, Vivaldi, Handel, Haydn and several others). I also fancy the Russian composers from the 19th and 20th centuries. 
It is music that is timeless, it's also quite a treat when I listen to it in my earbuds while cooking. It's bloody relaxing!
One man gathers what another man spills
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

I have actually been listening to Classical music recently. I purchased several albums many years ago with the intent to someday give them a listen to broaden my taste in music.
Now that I am 61 years of age I am finally listening to them and enjoying them tremendously.
I prefer the orchestral music rather than opera, and I seem to fancy the music from the Baroque period (Bach, Vivaldi, Handel, Haydn and several others). I also fancy the Russian composers from the 19th and 20th centuries. 
It is music that is timeless, it's also quite a treat when I listen to it in my earbuds while cooking. It's bloody relaxing!
WinkI'll walk that line with you, old friend.
Vivaldi's 'Four Seasons' was a household favorite for over 30 years...and Brian Tracy (the inspirational speaker) once made a point to me I could always walk from, but I just couldn't deny...and it changed one of my behaviors forever. Brian claimed listening to music at work is more a distraction and impacts productivity...think about it - if you are going to listen to your favorite music, you won't be concentrating on your work, you won't be doing your best. If you 'Whistle While You Work', you also will not be doing your best as you aren't working 100%. Having said that, he also drew the line at Classical...that one CAN listen to while working as it has been shown to foster creative thinking and maintain calm environments. According to Brian Tracy, this meant all other music is but "Bubblegum for the brain". As we all know, he is but a man with an opinion - a GOOD one and one I can respect and with which I will agree until the gummed-up summary.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:35pm
"Brick House" -- The Commodores

"Daydream (I Need to Quit My Job)" -- Kat McSnatch

"Disco of the 80s" -- Monkey Zound

"EURODISCO 'New Hi-NRG'" (2012) 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:30pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 1:26am
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 4:19am
...after posting in the 'Turo' thread, I just had to listen to this twice - dearly love the song - even more than the movie, itself.
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 1:58pm
"Garbage Can" -- Happy World (live; from their 1984 demo tape)

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 3:31pm
"Urine Potato" -- Happy World (live; from their 1984 demo tape)

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 1:56pm
I was watching a video of a drone flight that I made last Christmas morning, and now I can't get this stupid song out of my head:

"Snow Miser / Heat Miser"
From the TV program, "The Year Without a Santa Clause"

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by NiteRaidah NiteRaidah wrote:

...As for listening right now, MusicBee on shuffle.
You have things that shuffle? OOOOooooooooooooooooold Peeps 'shuffle'. Do YOU shuffle? I try not to shuffle, but now and then, I'll eat a truffle.

For now, I've decided why I can't stand this guy...he so blatantly robs from every else for style and has nothing to sing about...he's pure background noise. The ride he is on is a real hoot, though...
How many artists did he rob from in this video? Besides the obvious: George Harrison and Bruce Springsteen...and, as everyone could tell, he really covered his tail by tossing in some idiotic (c)rap.
Thus far, gets *my* vote for most meaningless noise of the year.
~~~~
Soooooo...temper the terrible with the classic.
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 1:30pm
"Black Dahlia" -- Anthrax

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 3:00pm
"The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" -- Gordon Lightfoot

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 10:48pm
"The Motorcycle Song" -- Arlo Guthrie

(This is the famous, "I don't want a pickle" song)

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 12:55am
Confused...who wrote & performed this again?
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 8:56pm
"The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" -- Gordon Lightfoot

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 8:15pm
I've also always loved this cut - as I recall, made famous as the ending credits song from the movie 'Michael'Big smile
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 12:15am
"Rock Until You Drop {full album} -- Raven
(the NWOBHM group, not Raven Symoan or however the fuck you spell the douchenoozle's name).

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 11:46pm
"Zax from the C=64 demo, 'It's No Secret'" -- The C=64 demo group Abyss

"Zax from the PC demo, 'Cascalyzer: X-Mas Mix '91' titled 'Impossibility'" -- The PC demo group Cascada

Zax from the crack, trainer, and loader for the
Commodore 64 video game, "Wasteland"

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 10:36pm
"We Didn't Start the Fire" -- Billy Joel

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 4:45pm
"Land Down Under" -- Men at Work

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 4:30am
WinkFor late friends and lost loves waiting...
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 3:38am
"Zax from the C=64 video game, 'Cyberdyne Warrior'" -- composed by Steve Rowlands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic