Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hormel Chili (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Re pickles on burgers...I'm the only person I know who loves those soggy, limp pickle pieces that they put on fast food burgers.  I actually take them off the burgers and eat them plain (well, actually with that ketchup that's always on them).

I also remove the pickles and eat them separately. I like pickles but not on my burger.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 8:37am
I don't think I'm too interested in turkey chili either, but I could eat it if I had to, not very likely if it's venison chili.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I don't think I'm too interested in turkey chili either, but I could eat it if I had to, not very likely if it's venison chili.

CryAwwwwwwwwwww...another protester who would support the criminalization of 'Bambi Chili' ?!
Could us munchers go up for 'War Crimes'? 

LOLWink
Image result for bambi chili
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Virginia Dare II View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 10:26pm
How smart our local BK employees are:   I went there and asked for a "Plain cheesebuger, please".  I had my own condiments and pickles at home.  So I open the paper and there sits a burger.   No cheese !    I guess that's about as "plain" a cheeseburger as one can get.   Tongue  I did call the manager just for sh*ts and giggles.   He did confirm that a "plain" should have had cheese but otherwise be naked !  
" Pickle YOU...Kumquat !!"
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 10:29pm

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Virginia Dare II Virginia Dare II wrote:

How smart our local BK employees are:   I went there and asked for a "Plain cheesebuger, please".  I had my own condiments and pickles at home.  So I open the paper and there sits a burger.   No cheese !    I guess that's about as "plain" a cheeseburger as one can get.   Tongue  I did call the manager just for sh*ts and giggles.   He did confirm that a "plain" should have had cheese but otherwise be naked !  

And of course they charged you for the cheese you didn't get.

I never assume these idiots understand what I mean when I speak to them, so I'm very specific.

I would've old them "A cheeseburger with cheese only and nothing else."

The cashier who took your order should have asked exactly what you meant, too.

Really makes you shake your head though, doesn't it?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 11:00pm

I had the same thing happen at McD's the other day and checked out my product right after pulling out of the drive-thru, which meant I drove back through, when all I really was looking for were the extra pickles. I handed them my No-Cheese $1 Cheeseburger and they told me not only to keep it, but gave me TWO Cheese Cheeseburgers with extra pickles. Pig-Out Day.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 11:19pm
LOL    Yes -- the opposite end of the spectrum---getting a little something extra you don't want.   The BK in my town ALSO cannot seem to fill an order of large fries without getting one or two  friggin'  ONION RINGS mixed in there.   I do not like onion rings and to paraphrase Auntie Mame  (and the olives in a martini) "they take up so much room in such a tiny glass  !"    I think now, BK owes me one Small French Fries.  And the question still remains "What happened to my cheese.  Was it...past your eyes Processed Cheeze Food?"   TongueWink  
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 11:36pm

...Was it...past your eyes Processed Cheeze Food?"   TongueWink  
Cry OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!

I think we're going to have to send you to school in Kansas where they have the 'right idea'.

WinkLOL

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 11:48pm
LOL   
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 12:27am

LOL Yes -- the opposite end of the spectrum---getting a little something extra you don't want.   The BK in my town ALSO cannot seem to fill an order of large fries without getting one or two  friggin'  ONION RINGS mixed in there.   I do not like onion rings and to paraphrase Auntie Mame  (and the olives in a martini) "they take up so much room in such a tiny glass  !"    I think now, BK owes me one Small French Fries.  And the question still remains "What happened to my cheese.  Was it...past your eyes Processed Cheeze Food?"   TongueWink  

That just reminded me of something I had forgotten about from many, many years ago.

For awhile I was on this kick where I'd go to BK and get two or three cheeseburgers, an order of fries and an order of onion rings. I'd put the onion rings right on the cheeseburgers.

Not a novel or original idea I know (well maybe back then it was a little more novel than it is today) but I loved it!!!

Maybe next time I hit BK with a BOGO Whopper coupon, I'll get an order of o-rings to toss on to my Whoppers!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Lowellchris View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lowellchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 1:19am
Skip the mustard . do chili thinned out a little , over spaghetti. Cheese shred and white onion . then dab it with a thin hot sauce , like Frank's or whatever . crush saltines over it and go to town ...it's awesome
It grinds my gears
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 1:36am
Originally posted by Lowellchris Lowellchris wrote:

Skip the mustard . do chili thinned out a little , over spaghetti. Cheese shred and white onion . then dab it with a thin hot sauce , like Frank's or whatever . crush saltines over it and go to town ...it's awesome

Otherwise known as: "Cincinnati Chili".

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:19am
Bob's Big Boy Restaurants used to have spaghetti chili and I, being part Italian, thought that might be an abomination against spaghetti, but tried it.  It was so delicious, and now they don't have BBB's anymore!  I love that spaghetti and chili combo, especially with the diced white onions and shredded cheddar cheese.  Or just a slice of cheddar and let it melt.

I don't want to eat Bambi, Peter Cottontail, Thumper, Rocky or Bullwinkle.  I won't even eat duck since I raised a couple of Mallard ducklings when I was a kid.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:44am
I'd guess that raccoon is out if you liked Guardians of the Galaxy...   Wink
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I won't even eat duck since I raised a couple of Mallard ducklings when I was a kid.

I used to enjoy roasted duck.    But then "George The Duck" was savagely murdered and I promised never to eat duck again.  They still haven't caught these disgusting mutants !   :(    http://https://www.ksat.com/news/today-marks-five-years-since-beloved-river-walk-duck-george-was-tortured-killed
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:56pm
I can't even bring myself to read that article.

It would probably send my blood pressure through the roof.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:06pm
We sometimes get a Mallard couple eating bird seed off of the ground, haven't seen them much this year.

I worked with this guy who had a turf grass degree from Penn State, considered to be the top Turf Grass Management program in the country.  He may have been book smart...Zero practical experience! We called him Baby Huey! LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:28pm

Goose burgers anyone?  Tongue

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

And of course they charged you for the cheese you didn't get.

I never assume these idiots understand what I mean when I speak to them, so I'm very specific.

I would've old them "A cheeseburger with cheese only and nothing else."

The cashier who took your order should have asked exactly what you meant, too.

Really makes you shake your head though, doesn't it?

So yours would have been missing the burger patty.Wink
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

So yours would have been missing the burger patty.Wink

Probably...

As much as people of normal intelligence like you and me would assume that the inclusion of the word "burger" in the request would adequately cover that aspect of the transaction, given the low intellect level of today's youth, one cannot rule out any possibility.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:20am
^^^ Duck, duck goose (or geese).  LOL

My two Mallards turned out to be a drake and a hen too!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 10:09pm
I find myself harking back to the great mustard vs ketchup battle that raged here for a couple of days about a month or so ago, and destroyed several lives in the process...

As I had my TV tuned to one of our three local PBS channels yesterday, a show called Wild Travels just happened to be on, and this segment aired...

(DKS - pay particular attention at 2:26... )

Oh, how I wish I'd known about this during the big condiment war!!!

I could've really landed a blow for the great yellow cause!!!

Oh well, better late than never, I suppose.

Also, given that it's located in Middleton, Wi., a short 75 mile hop from aka ron's town of residence, I think maybe a little day trip could be in the offing for him and momma.

Who wouldn't drive 75 miles to look at mustard?, I ask you!!!!.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic