Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prilosec OTC--woman dancing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prilosec OTC--woman dancing
    Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 5:07am
I don't know why it bothers me so much; maybe it's because it's so FAKE looking!  This woman is talking about Prilosec while she is DANCING.  I don't know about you, but I don't usually do a lot of talking while I'm doing a fast dance.  And the likelihood that I will talk about my medication is pretty small.

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 8:39pm
it is official, the name of the flame dude is Burnie Abdominal Arsonist and the woman's name is Katie. 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 11:34pm
Is that the same lady that did the NASCRAP version commercial?  "She can now enjoy a whole week at the races without heartburn after taking Prilosec."
dipskat View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dipskat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 11:43pm
She's trying to dance so fast her heartburn will get dizzy and jump out of her mouth.

sharonite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2008 at 1:53am
I HATE THIS COMMERCIAL TOO! 

She looks like an idiot and needs to be slapped.
XinaMarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XinaMarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 4:54pm
I hate this commercial for the following reasons:
1. She can't dance
2. She looks to be in early to mid 40s -- are there dance clubs that cater to that crowd? The entire dance floor is full of people this age and it seems unrealistic.
3. She is wearing clothing that is way too young for her and her hair looks stupid.
4. Dance clubs are too busy for conversations, let alone ones about prilosec.

The whole things is a stupid concept and it is poorly executed.

This is my first post and there are probably other sections of the website that address this, but it is shocking that an advertising agency came up with the concept, pitched it and people liked it enough to approve it. Plus they probably screen them with a test audience and it got good enough scores to get a green light. It boggles the mind.
Larry View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 7:32pm
Was it as bad as this?  Smile
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 8:30pm
Larry!  Elaine, the dancing machine!  LOL
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 8:55pm
I hate this for the bad dancing, too.

I was thinking that she must be either at a wedding, or a corporate function.  Then again, there are many of my peers that ~like~ to go out "clubbing."

Maybe she's at Mohegan Sun.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 9:09pm
I may have been the only 40 something to dance to "Wild Thing"...Embarrassed
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 10:10pm
I occasionally used to go slam-dancing (we called it "slamming", but I think they call it "moshing" now).  Didn't chat much on that dance floor.  LOL

drjimmy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 3:57am
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

I hate this for the bad dancing, too.

I was thinking that she must be either at a wedding, or a corporate function.  Then again, there are many of my peers that ~like~ to go out "clubbing."

Maybe she's at Mohegan Sun.

I will only say this - chronic heartburn - reflux - SUCKS! You can get it bending over, jogging, exercising, anything.. I agree with the attempt to show those with heartburn that these pills eliminate the chronic all day heartburn reflux.  I know - I've had it for 20 years.  the minority of people like myself understand their point in this ad.  But any ad that looks ridiculous, usually is.... it just happens to effect only those of us that get the point.   I couldn't even work out in a gym without popping rolaids all the time. Prilosec is a Gods send.   I didnt say the ad was, but the pills are....
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 6:51am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I occasionally used to go slam-dancing (we called it "slamming", but I think they call it "moshing" now).  Didn't chat much on that dance floor.  LOL

"In MY day, we didn't HAVE 'moshing', like you kids nowadays! We had SLAM dancing...an' we LIKED it!"AngryLOL
FrauKruspe View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrauKruspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 10:45pm
What is this woman supposed to be doing? Recapturing her youth? Well, she doesn't do a very good job of it. 
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

it is official, the name of the flame dude is Burnie Abdominal Arsonist and the woman's name is Katie. 

Are you talking about him?

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 8:32pm
I don't mean to bring a dead thread back to life, but I just saw this ad on TV and it annoyed me too, except for a different reason:  Has anyone noticed how this woman sways her head from side to side, while keeping her face still and unmoving as she reads the camera?  It is seen when she says '...all day and all night' at about :05 into the commercial, linked below.  It sort of looks unnatural.  It reminds me of cartoons whose head changes to a mirror-reverse with their hairstyle, etc. when they turn their head; it's hard to describe.

She looks like she is having a seizure or other similar event at the end when she points her arm up in the air randomly & does the weird face twitch.

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 9:31pm
DAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYMMMMMMM!!

I posted that post above your exactly two months ago.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2009 at 12:50am
Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

What's your point, Diz?  At least Dp7 found the old thread and didn't start a new one! (Thanks, Dp7!)
ToxicShock View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToxicShock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2009 at 4:39am
I was JUST gonna make this thread a few hours ago after I saw this commercial! I'm so excited that someone beat me to it, and that there's already a lot of hate going around :D
Dr.Roo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Roo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2009 at 5:09am
White people cant dance!
Another stereotype born out by the commercial.
...uncomfortable to watch.
Cheez-its....getcha own friggin box....Grrrrr
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2009 at 6:05am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

What's your point, Diz?  At least Dp7 found the old thread and didn't start a new one! (Thanks, Dp7!)

It's cool because the thread that was last active on December 2, came back to life on February 2.  
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2009 at 6:24am
Ahhh, so that was a GOOD "Daaaaayyyyyyaaaam!"  Clap
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2009 at 2:32pm
She dances like a douche bag. 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
QuestForComedy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuestForComedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 11:21pm
yes, she's an embarresment to all the white dancers. maybe she should audition for the movie sequel: White Men Can't Dance Part III.
ToxicShock View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToxicShock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2009 at 1:30am
I hate how she wiggles while sticking her index finger in the air. So fake!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic