Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty Mutual- Gonna Regret That (no video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 10:45pm
I believe it is meant to be annoying. When it comes time to SERIOUSLY think about insurance, they WILL be on your radar as you WILL remember them, even if for the advertisements and you WILL overcome bad advertising for comparison shopping. Feelings about advertising tactics fall aside when it comes down to business and making the best possible decision for family & one's self.
We were never Liberty Mutual customers...but having said that I will say it IS a financial investment and if I had to do it all over again, I would look at them just because I DON'T know where they stand on the 'List of Best Insurance Companies' and being a significant investment? I want the BEST for MY dollar, so could it be Liberty Mutual???? The 'Inquiring Mindless' don't have a clue...but so many of you have time on your side...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 12:21am
Dead

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 1:33am
Good god I've seen LIBERTY LIBERTY LIBERTY at least 8-10 times today. Sickening. This still isn't getting me to buy their insurance policies. This, and the several Geico ads, and Progressive, and Allstate Mayhem swallowing a wedding ring, are really getting on my nerves.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:28am
What are they trying to do?  Sound like a 50s jingle?

The YT poster calls it "Idiot Throws Wallet Into The Water."  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Dead

LOLLOL
He's gonna regret that!

crash1984 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 2:26am
You're gonna regret it. Reminds me of the opening scene to season 1 of American Horror Story. Which brings me up to an idea I just thought of. Why not have a season of AHS where some of the characters of rotten commercials get trapped in a house where they are subjected to some of the worst commercials of the past few years until they go insane. I could just imagine the opening scene.

*Progressive van pulls up in front of a house. Out Steps Flo and the two men from the other insurance company*

Flo
:This was where his last phone transmission was from.

*As they walk to the house the pass a car that has a license plate on the front that says Brad #2, in front of the house is a lot of trash specifically a half-empty KFC bucket, an empty Wendy's bag, a half empty bottle of Dr Pepper, some Tomcat rat poison, and several Sprint Phones. Flo opens the door and the three go in. They look around when they see a door open. The Progressive Box is crawling out*

Box
:You should not have came in here. You will never get out

*A door opens and out comes the Brad woman*

Brad Woman
:C'mere Boxey. I want to play with Boxey

*The Brad woman grabs the box and does a happy dance into a room. Flo and Company open the door and and not only is the Brad woman playing with the box, we see Red from the Wendy's commercial with the Checker's Bag and a Sharpie. While the bag screams for her not to do this. Red writes Wendy's on the bag*
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 2:39am
Good god, I've seen LIBERTY LIBERTY LIBERTY at least 15-20 times the past couple days. I mute it before it gets to the awful jingle. Angry
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

What are they trying to do?  Sound like a 50s jingle?

Well, that's the thing. In a way, it's fun to hear what sounds like a throwback to a numbingly simple old-style jingle. 

The problem is, the song overstays its welcome. The first 3 "Liberty"s are ok. It's that 4th one that's the overkill. Ruins the whole thing. 

It's an overkill effect similar to the Wayfair ad that does this whole big song (the "everything's beddddderrrrrr" song), then sneaks in "Wayfair, you got just what I need" at the end - which some people might recall was originally part of its OWN whole big song. C'mon people - stick to one song at a time. 

Or, it's also kind of like the very annoying Nationwide ads where some doofus is singing a song that it sounds like they made up, but the last line is the "Nationwide is on your side" jingle. I feel cheated by those. It's like- you made me listen to this crappy made up song just so I can find out the last line is a punchline I already know??? Ugh. 
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 11:52pm

[/QUOTE]Don't
Don't forget the b!tch who can't drive who named her car Brad.  LOL[/QUOTE]

No - she named her car BRAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 8:08am
^ and ^^

Wink  LOL

Good posts, jon1.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 5:08pm
Here'e the one where he slams on his 'breaks' and still hits the car in front of him, the wife is pissed and he doesn't understand why...Another husband/man slamming ad that shows how stupid all we men are.  Angry

DON"T FOLLOW SO CLOSE!!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by jon1 jon1 wrote:

Don't forget the b!tch who can't drive who named her car Brad.  LOL

No - she named her car BRAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!
[/QUOTE]"You two had been through everything together, 2 boyfriends, dozens of blowjobs, one STD and an abortion."

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^LOL

The 'Nobody's Perfect' girl. She tapped one little bumper.
She's right...Nobody's perfect but some young people should not be allowed to drive!!

I wouldn't mind tapping her "little bumper"!!!    

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 8:11pm
And that 'LIBERTY LIBERTY LIBERTY' bs...I hope there's enough complaints that they go off the air. Hearing Human League's "Human" is 100x better than any of these commercials.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 1:13am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

And that 'LIBERTY LIBERTY LIBERTY' bs...I hope there's enough complaints that they go off the air. Hearing Human League's "Human" is 100x better than any of these commercials.

I concur, t can tolerate Human League's tunes rather than this "LIBERTY, LiBERTY, LIBERTY" nonsense. Plus the lyrics are a good tie in to everyday accidents covered by them!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic