Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brainstorm or green needle?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brainstorm or green needle?
    Posted: 20 May 2018 at 3:42am
If you thought that yanny vs laurel thing was odd, you'll really scratch your head over this sh*t...

Play the video below. Before you hear anything, say or think to yourself either "brainstorm" or "green needle". Whichever word you think or say to yourself is what you will hear.

It doesn't matter which order you do it in.

I listened to it all the way through and used the word "brainstorm" each time. Everytime I did, that's what I heard.

Then I did it the other way around. I heard "green needle" everytime.

Then I tried it alternating the words. Still worked every time.

Which ever word you think is what you will hear.

Strangest thing I've ever seen.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 8:47pm
Dang, Jimbo.... that was weird!!!!

I tried it and it did/didn't (underline one) work just like you said!!!!

Signed _______________________
               (your name here)

Post any additional comments below:

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:10pm
Very weird.  Just now, my bro heard green needle, and I heard brainstorm.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 11:33pm
I hear green brainstorm.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 12:31am
Once again... as I explained in the OP...

If you think one term to yourself, that's what you will hear.

Listen to it a second time and think the other one, and you'll hear that one instead.

IOW, you should hear BOTH depending on which one you think in your mind prior to hearing it on the video.

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 2:45am
Holy sh#$! I first hear "brainstorm" than after the laser effect I hear "green needle" then it repeats like clockwork! Thats crazy!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:39am
No matter what, I don't hear brainstorm.  Confused
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 6:15am
Disapproveol'Mule? See what you hear when you say 'Asswipe!', as in "ol'Mule's an asswipe for posting that because now I can't go to sleep until I understand why I hear 'green needle' or 'brainstorm'...".
I'm all nerded out.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 6:37am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Did you think either of the two words to yourself prior to the voice on the video speaking?

That's what you're supposed to do.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 6:43am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Disapproveol'Mule? See what you hear when you say 'Asswipe!', as in "ol'Mule's an asswipe for posting that because now I can't go to sleep until I understand why I hear 'green needle' or 'brainstorm'...".
I'm all nerded out.

Wow, that's weird!!!

I tried what you suggested, and said 'Asswipe!' prior to the voice in the video and I heard it say 'PaWolf!'

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 7:06am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I'm all nerded out.

Wow, that's weird!!!

I tried what you suggested, and said 'Asswipe!' prior to the voice in the video and I heard it say 'PaWolf!'

LOL 

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 12:28am

Did you think either of the two words to yourself prior to the voice on the video speaking?

Yes, dear Jimbo, I followed the instructions.  There is no fookin brainstorm.  It's all a lie.  It's all a scam.  It's just click bait for someone to get rich off of this video look-see what do you see-hear viral video phenomenon crap.  Angry
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 12:36am

Yes, dear Jimbo, I followed the instructions.  There is no fookin brainstorm.  It's all a lie.  It's all a scam.  It's just click bait for someone to get rich off of this video look-see what do you see-hear viral video phenomenon crap.  Angry

I hear both depending on which one I think to myself prior each time the kid does the thing with the light or switch or whatever it is.

So do most other people.

You're obviously doing something wrong....

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 12:42am

I hear both depending on which one I think to myself prior each time the kid does the thing with the light or switch or whatever it is.

So do most other people.

I'm not doing anything wrong.  I'm just immune to gullibility and the power of suggestion which this is.  Basically, people hear what they want to hear.  That is the true lesson in all this.  Smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 1:01am

So do most other people.

I'm not doing anything wrong.  I'm just immune to gullibility and the power of suggestion which this is.  Basically, people hear what they want to hear.  That is the true lesson in all this.  Smile

Sounds like someone is just jealous because she can't hear the cool thing everyone else does.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 4:34am

So do most other people.

Sounds like someone is just jealous because she can't hear the cool thing everyone else does.

Jealous?  I'm just mentally superior and don't fall for this nonsense.  Like I said above, people hear what they want to hear.  That is the true lesson in all this.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:08am

So do most other people.

Jealous?  I'm just mentally superior and don't fall for this nonsense.  Like I said above, people hear what they want to hear.  That is the true lesson in all this.

Well, I am as natural born of a skeptic as any person you've ever met. The last thing I am is suggestible. Hocus-pocus-y kinda stuff has no effect on me.

But there is no mistaking it. Like so many other of the lucky, chosen ones, I can hear both green needle AND brainstorm.

Don't think I don't feel sympathy for you, though.

I only wish that you too could experience the amazement and wonder that we, the chosen ones, have. I truly hate the idea that you've been left out in the cold, forgotten like a castoff, lonesome and alone, forsaken by the cruelty of fate, never to know the joy and wonder that those of us who the gods love and smile upon know.

Poor lil Darksy.....

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:37am
LOL  You guys! I'm having a brainstorm but I don't hear it.

OK, this is an easy one. How many of you see a White Rabbit but hear the Pink Panther?  Tongue

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 5:12pm
Damn! I thought I would get at least a NYUK NYUK from that. I must be losing my touch, I'm a legend in my own mind! Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic