Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peyronie's Disease (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by the raytownian the raytownian wrote:

Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Why do they have women doing the narrating on these commercials?  Does that make men pay more attention?  Like the ED commercials with the sexy woman voiceovers and come-hither looks from sexy seniors.  I don't understand the rationale of having women advertising stuff for men.  Confused

I'm sure there's probably some deep psychological analysis that goes into these decisions, not that this clinical approach to appealing to audiences is necessarily, or even usually, successful in advertising.

If I had to guess, though, it's probably meant to "disarm" male viewers. Men usually don't want to discuss or hear about awkward, embarrassing "personal problems", especially with other men. I think the rationale behind using female voice overs is that it's easier to listen to a woman, serving as a generic stand-in for a loving or nurturing  female figure, like a wife or a mother, or even a daughter. Men are more likely to be coaxed into considering/discussing uncomfortable subjects with the types of people, generally women, they feel they can be vulnerable with, without fear of judgment.

Hilarious commercial, BTW. For all the wrong reasons.
I agree with your analysis.  I've read that men are programmed from birth to take direction from females because, well, there's that whole Mom thing; your first bonding experience either by breastfeeding or bottle feeding, usually it's you mother who fed you, etc., and then their first teachers are usually women, i.e., preschool, kindergarten, etc.

This lady in the (hilarious) ad looks anything but loving and nurturing though.  LOL  She's kinda scary!  Shocked
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 7:51pm
I agree with Raytowner too. Especially the part about men not wanting to talk to other men about embarrassing personal problems.

You're never gonna see something like this happen....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I agree with your analysis.  I've read that men are programmed from birth to take direction from females because, well, there's that whole Mom thing; your first bonding experience either by breastfeeding or bottle feeding, usually it's you mother who fed you, etc., and then their first teachers are usually women, i.e., preschool, kindergarten, etc.

This lady in the (hilarious) ad looks anything but loving and nurturing though.  LOL  She's kinda scary!  Shocked

There could be a good amount of truth in the mother theory, but I think for the most part, it's more of a macho thing.

You try to talk about stuff like that with other guys and you'll either get your ass kicked, lose all your friends or both.

OTOH, occasionally guys will open up about such things with other guys, but only with real good friends they've known for a long time.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 5:37pm
Hey guys, how's it hangin'?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 8:41pm
Peyronie's Disease?

Some men would probably be happy to have it, but maybe we got stuck with lumbago limpbago due to age and 'LowT'...I would say 'Dr.' Lorena Bobbit may just have a surgical procedure to address it.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 11:03pm
Anyone know how Peyronie's disease got it's name?

It's a combination of the words "penis" and...

... macaroni.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 1:21pm
^LOL

And call that fact-a-phony...Wink

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 7:41pm
Confused...the more one looks at the name, the more one might be subject to make a really baaaad choice while trying to order dinner while vacationing in the mountains of Southern Europe...I can just see the scene clear as day in my head...
Embarrassed"Sweety...I' love you SO much! This far-away mountain vacation in Andora is JUST what we needed! And now here we are in this fine restaurant with you about to try out your new-found language skills by ordering us dinner, thanks to Berlitz & Rosetta Stone...."
HeartPig"...of course, oh love-of-my-life, 'Tweety Bear'! Camarero! Bi pirinarioen aginduak Peyronie-ren pierogi, mesedez?"
And so, in your finest Basque, you have just sent the waiter off into the kitchen in tears, trying so hard to contain himself.
Now you are wondering about the what they hysterical laughter is about and why some of the other patrons are looking at your table as if you two are the retarted language terrorists that have invaded an otherwise enjoyable evening of fine dining...why? Because you just ordered a real multi-culteral dish...the Spanish-French-Polish plate of Pyrenees' Peyronie's Pierogi - looks like stuffed pasta, but no. Polish folded potatoes stuffed with a couple of bent shlongs (due to Peyronie's) from some local Pyrenees gents currently undergoing 'Gender Transition'...would you prefer any sauce? Tomato or White (Alfredo or Alfred).

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 1:15pm
This is the new one I saw last night.

Guys, you broke yo d*ck during sex...now you have the Peyronie.
Talk to your doctor.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Talk to your doctor.

ConfusedMaybe a better alternative might be to snap a picture, post it on ebay and let women bid for a chance for a newfangled ride on the ol'bone rollercoaster?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 5:26pm
ConfusedDon't we already have an 'Ad for COX' thread?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Talk to your doctor.

I hate to point this out to my pal in Philly.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 11:37am

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 7:05pm
ShockedConfusedWink

Ohhhhh....no no no....this is what *I* meant: 

http://www.commercialsihate.com/ad-for-cox_topic26798.html

Ya know...'Ad for Cocks'?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic