Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hershey's diner w/ s'mores and an irritating song
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hershey's diner w/ s'mores and an irritating song

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EventHorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hershey's diner w/ s'mores and an irritating song
    Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 7:50pm
I hate everything about this commercial. I hate the annoying song. I hate the dumb hipster father. I hate the way he drinks with the straw out of the corner of his mouth. I hate that his eyes sort of bug out when he takes a sip. I hate it I hate it. Ugh. 

Also, a question: when he ordered this, do you think he asked, "could you also open the wrapper on the candy bar and leave it partially out of the wrapper on the tray?" 

Here's the ad in question:

And after seeing the full version I'm even more annoyed. Why are you even at the diner if the daughter doesn't want anything? And the wait staff had to go out and buy the graham crackers and marshmallows and chocolate? Why not just go home and do it yourself at that point? I mean can you imagine having the balls to ask the waitress to make you s'mores when they don't even have the ingredients? And did she really have to buy the chocolate syrup? What diner doesn't have chocolate milk readily available? And if you're going to make these things why aren't you using good chocolate or at the very least decent chocolate. 

Ugh. Maybe I overthink these things too much.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 5:43pm
Yeah!  It's dark outside too, I guess it's the evening. Who is in charge here?  Make your snotty daughter eat a decent meal. Not some candy-cracker-marshmellow crap fest!  And what about that freaking song, I've heard yhat before!  Angry
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 7:36pm
What kid turns down pancakes?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 11:14pm
I hate hipsters, especially hipster fathers because they are actually reproducing and raising innocent children to be like them.

Snotty daughter is all bummed out because she broke her arm.  Cry

She refuses pancakes and bacon because she wants something sweet and sugary for dinner.  Way to go!  Angry

The song is LINKED BELOW courtesy Jimbo because my link didn't work.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 1:27am
I've seen worse commercials before.

Or commercials that I hated more.

Still, it is kinda stupid and certainly unrealistic.

In the real world the waitress would've just said, "No, we don't carry that. Sorry."

But then I guess this is supposed to be taking place in some quintessentially quaint little all American town where everyone goes out of their way to be kind and warm and helpful and yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 1:35am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I hate hipsters, especially hipster fathers because they are actually reproducing and raising innocent children to be like them.

She refuses pancakes and bacon because she wants something sweet and sugary for dinner.  Way to go!  Angry

The song is

Video link wasn't working. So IFIFY.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 1:46am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

The song is

Thanks.  It worked when I posted it.  Confused
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 5:27am
Yeah, why is this SOB running the poor waitress ragged.  It's bad enough she's got a sh*t job as it is.  Now she has to deal with Father of the Year?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 6:37am
Originally posted by Tully Blanchard Tully Blanchard wrote:

Yeah, why is this SOB running the poor waitress ragged.  It's bad enough she's got a sh*t job as it is.  Now she has to deal with Father of the Year?
Because his sweet little Princess Snowflake is extra special and everyone should bend over backwards to make her happy.  Why didn't Daddy Douchebag just go home and make the kid s'mores?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 1:12pm
My question is how did her arm get injured to begin with?

Did daddy get angry drunk again, grab her arm and jerk her around too hard? Now he's trying to make up for it by going out of his way to make sure she gets her favorite treat?

I think DCF needs to investigate him!!!

C'mon, man!
EventHorizon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EventHorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 3:38pm

I've seen worse commercials before.

Or commercials that I hated more.

Yeah me too. This one isn't overwhelmingly awful like a Flo or JG Wentworth or Liberty Mutual commercial but all the little things add up to make me want to claw my eyes and ears out. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 5:20pm
The 'Hershey Squirts Diner' and 'Salad Shooter Bar'.

We were on a weekend trip, it may have been to the UP of Michigan (Iron Mountain) or it might have been west of here to the border with Minnesota...anyway!  We were at an Outback Steakhouse and I asked for milk with my meal.  It this really that strange? I believe they sent someone out to buy a gallon of milk because they made a big deal out of bringing the whole gallon out to our table to pour it for me.  I was almost pissed off.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 5:55pm
I'd think I'd rather stab ice picks in my ears, than listen to that damn "song". That's the worst part of the ad!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I'd think I'd rather stab ice picks in my ears, than listen to that damn "song". That's the worst part of the ad!

Same here. If there's a part of it I really hate, it's the cutesy hipster douchebag music.

I hate that cutesy hipster douchebag sh*t!!!!

C'mon, man!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 11:34pm
Sounds like hipster music mixed with WWII Andrews Sisters type crap. I hate that music. The diner patrons will be sh*tting out rivets (Rosie the Riveter) after eating those smore things with the bing bing bop a lop a boo boo sing song poop music.
I approve this message.
EventHorizon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EventHorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 3:51am
See I actually like 40s music. It reminds me of driving with my grandparents years ago. I actually think that's what bugs me about this song; it's a modern song that's attempting to sound like a 40s song. That's just weird. Clearly pandering to the hipster crowd.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 5:34am

The song is

OMG! leave it loser generation hipster to produce loose meat sh*t music like this. Who knew this POS is an actual song by an actual group. The should change the name of this group to the hipster fudge packers.

Thanks.  It worked when I posted it.  Confused
I approve this message.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by EventHorizon EventHorizon wrote:

See I actually like 40s music. It reminds me of driving with my grandparents years ago. I actually think that's what bugs me about this song; it's a modern song that's attempting to sound like a 40s song. That's just weird. Clearly pandering to the hipster crowd.

Bingo.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 3:39am

Bingo.
Bingorama.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 4:32am

its FwingConfused--faux nouveau swing performed by ? and yeah, this one has been grinding on me at every viewing. its like there MAY have been some plot involved in this but its so overwhelmed by ZING ZING baybee baybee EYE WUV U scooby doobee doo that any human activity here is totally wasted..
thus its irritant qualities magnified by needless ootsy CUTESY
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 8:55am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

its FwingConfused--faux nouveau swing performed by ? and yeah, this one has been grinding on me at every viewing. its like there MAY have been some plot involved in this but its so overwhelmed by ZING ZING baybee baybee EYE WUV U scooby doobee doo that any human activity here is totally wasted..
thus its irritant qualities magnified by needless ootsy CUTESY

If this turd ever becomes a mega-hit (God Forbid) it would make most hated song lists like Don't Worry Be Happy. 
I approve this message.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic