Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spectrum- All The Facts (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spectrum- All The Facts (video)
    Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 7:02pm
These people piss me off so much.

Myth: Sharter Rectum thinks it's Gods gift to people who want to pay for TV service.

Fact:  The service is not so great, getting in touch with someone about an outage can be painfully tedious and the rate goes up every year for 3 years!

They jack us 68 bucks a month for internet service.

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 7:17pm
Sorry, all I can think of is Dragnet and Joe Friday's quote "just the facts ma'am"

*Cue Dragnet music*

"The following story is true, the names have been changed to protect the innocent."
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Fact:  The service is not so great, getting in touch with someone about an outage can be painfully tedious and the rate goes up every year for 3 years!

Not around here. They actually have some of the best customer service of any company I've dealt with. And tbh, I almost NEVER have any issues with them to begin with.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 11:02pm
Yep, my bill is now $180+ a month. And due to a carriage dispute, they took off Fox 41 here in Yakima and it's been off the past 2-3 weeks. Subscribers missed the Daytona 500 last week due to this.

Spectrum claims Northwest Broadcasting (KCYU's owner) wants a '140% increase in programming costs...' and that 'they have shut off their stations from other providers...'
NW Broadcasting says Charter refused to listen to their new deal regarding renewal of their stations on their cable service. Then they rudely said 'We are shutting off your stations in 10 minutes' and off they went. Basically Spectrum is sticking their fingers in their ears LA LA LA LA... They also own NBC stations in Eureka, CA and Yuma, AZ who have missed the Super Bowl and the ENTIRE Olympics since they are carried on Spectrum.

And what will we *NOT* get from this?! A refund or decrease on our bill! Of course not! AngryAngryAngry
Thank goodness I have an antenna installed on one of the TVs so I can get KCYU on 41.1, digital channel 29. Otherwise I'd love to 'Dish' out Spectrum. Someday...
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 11:21pm
Carriage agreement disputes piss me off! We've had a few with Dish over the last couple of years. Angers me to have to have to pay for shows that I watch, because the cheap assholes need to find new ways to jack up our rates. Dish always makes it seem like it is the networks that are the problem, but I'm pretty sure that they are the reason that these things happen. I really need to just stop watching so much damned tv.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 2:42am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Yep, my bill is now $180+ a month. And due to a carriage dispute, they took off Fox 41 here in Yakima and it's been off the past 2-3 weeks. Subscribers missed the Daytona 500 last week due to this.
 Otherwise I'd love to 'Dish' out Spectrum. Someday...

Two words to consider:

and

Of course, you still need to get your ones and zeroes from somewhere.
But the above will at least stop the pillaging.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Otherwise I'd love to 'Dish' out Spectrum. Someday...

Two words to consider:

and

Of course, you still need to get your ones and zeroes from somewhere.
But the above will at least stop the pillaging.
I'm a big fan of Roku.  The best 30 bucks spent!  Get the Roku Express for $29.99 and you won't be disappointed.  All you need is your Internet wifi.  I also subscribe to Hulu and Netflix and get no commercials on either for a total of $20 a month.  So well worth it.  I have an OTA antenna.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 8:34pm
Cox will get a person interested in a show over an entire season, then flip that show to another channel which you end up having to subscribe to...only to dump it from there and move it elsewhere.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 9:54pm
Now almost TWO MONTHS without our local Fox station! Down in Yuma and El Centro, they have not had KSWT (CBS) or KYMA (NBC) for the same period of time. They along with Jackson, Wyoming's government (Charter carries KPVI Pocatello...another NBC stations that was pulled off) are filing complaints with the FCC vs. Spectrum. Way to go! 
But why not Yakima, Richland, Pasco, Kennewick or Medford? We lost KCYU, Tri-Cities lost KFFX and Medford lost KMVU - all Fox stations. My bill is almost $180 this month and no end in sight to this disgusting carriage dispute. What doesn't help in KCYU's case, is the station is low-powered. They only have about 13,000 watts of power on a UHF channel...their range is limited compared to full-powered KAPP, KNDO and KIMA.
If Spectrum had a heart, they could have pulled off KCYU and replaced it with Q13 in Seattle or KPTV in Portland, both Fox stations and NOT owned by Northwest Broadcasting. Then subscribers wouldn't miss weeks worth of NASCAR like they are right now plus other popular Fox programs like Gotham, The X-Files and The Simpsons. But of course there's this little rule called 'SyndEx' that prevents that. That's why regional superstations started going away in the early '90s, minus TBS and (in some cases) WGN. WGN had to replace several shows since they duplicated channel 9 in Chicago. Now they are a completely different network with no relation to WGN except the name.
In Yakima and Tri-Cities, Telemundo is also off the air due to the same dispute...because it's on KCYU's DT2 subchannel!
But keep spreading your bulls--t commercials telling us how bad satellite is and every time it rains it 'goes out.' And then commercials about Spectrum Business plans, and the stupid commercials with monster-like people playing charades. This company is 100x worse than Comcast and there were times that I couldn't stand them when I lived near Seattle. AngryAngryAngry

https://tvanswerman.com/2018/03/22/3-towns-file-fcc-complaint-against-charter-in-fee-fight/
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 11:24am
^That's almost criminal! I'd be so pissed. I think I would tell Spectrum to get screwed.

NASCAR was on FS1 this past (long) weekend. Sling TV gives access to almost all of the popular cable channels for about $20 a month, that won't help with your local Fox channel. We're not too far from Green Bay and I have a kickass antenna that is 30+ feet in the air.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 6:06pm
crainbebo, can you cut the cord and get a Roku?  All you need is Internet connection with wifi and a TV.  The Roku Express is $29.99 and it fits onto your TV, accesses your wifi.  You can get Sling or another company's channel plans, for a lot less money, and see what is on free on Roku before you buy.  I pay 20 bucks a month total for Hulu and Netflix, plus my High Speed Internet connection.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 8:49pm
We're just going down to an antenna. We'll keep the internet & phone but I know Charter INCREASES THE PRICE UNLESS YOU ARE BUNDLED! It's bulls--t!
Anyways, I can get channel 41 KCYU here because I live about 7 miles from their transmitter line of sight. Other people in the Lower Valley, north of Selah and in the Naches area have difficulty receiving them due to their 13KW low power. I have a friend who lives north of Selah, she gets the full-power stations just fine but Fox doesn't come in no matter what. The Yakima Valley is divided by a few ridges and the middle one contains the TV transmitters.
But keep spreading the same propaganda about the 75% increase in programming costs and blah blah blah. And keep increasing our bill because you don't give a rat's a$$ about long-time subscribers. Screw you Spectrum.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 1:32am
You might as well say, "Screw you [FILL IN THE BLANK] !" because they ALL do this!  It is infuriating.  Angry  I should be able to get ABC and CBS, but their signals are too weak to come through on my indoor over-the-air antenna.  Some stations only maintain a weak signal so they can charge you for having their app through a subscription (ABC and CBS do this) or you have to pay through one of the many channels services like DirecTV Now and Sling.  Fortunately there's nothing on those channels I want to watch,let alone pay for.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 1:57am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I should be able to get ABC and CBS, but their signals are too weak to come through on my indoor over-the-air antenna.  Some stations only maintain a weak signal so they can charge you for having their app through a subscription...

Indoor antennas just don't cut it.

If you live somewhere that you're able to put up an outdoor antenna, that is the way to go.

The higher up, the better.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 2:05am
I can't put up my own outdoor antenna.  My Dad is in the same situation I'm in, but he has DirecTV satellite and for him, it's worth it and I'm glad he has it to enjoy.  I'm a very long-time customer of Cox Communications since they were known as Cox Cable and they don't cut me any slack on price reduction.  Angry  It is infuriating.  I used to call them when they'd raise the price on their regular basis and get put back on the previous price, but they won't do that anymore.  They just read from a script thanking me for being their customer for so many years.  Script-read thanks doesn't really help pay the bills, homey.  Angry  I cut their TV years ago!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 2:08am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I can't put up my own outdoor antenna.  My Dad is in the same situation I'm in, but he has DirecTV satellite and for him, it's worth it and I'm glad he has it to enjoy.  I'm a very long-time customer of Cox Communications since they were known as Cox Cable and they don't cut me any slack on price reduction.  Angry  It is infuriating.  I used to call them when they'd raise the price on their regular basis and get put back on the previous price, but they won't do that anymore.  They just read from a script thanking me for being their customer for so many years.  Script-read thanks doesn't really help pay the bills, homey.  Angry  I cut their TV years ago!

I'm thinking about trying Netflix sometime soon.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 6:27pm
April 19th. Still no Fox. 2 1/2 months of this bulls--t.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 1:41am
An update.
Well, goodbye Spectrum TV. It's May 28th, 2018 and we have not had Fox 41 for *115 DAYS*!!! We'll keep the Internet and Home Phone, but as for cable, we're done for now. Spectrum and Northwest Broadcasting haven't budged and I'm starting to blame them both for their idiocy. Spectrum TV can shove it up their rears.
Goodbye cable channels. Whatever. 50 of them show the same crap, the same movies, and the same reality shows with mass amounts of stupid commercials and logo bugs and promos on the screen at all times. I'll miss some of the mainstays and Flix/TCM/Movieplex, but I can live without them. Redbox is just 8 blocks away, and I've got a decent DVD and VHS collection in case we can't find anything on MeTV, Charge! or Comet-TV, not to mention the major networks. 
Spectrum will probably jack up the prices for the 'Net and phone, just because we don't have the TV anymore. But I will pay it because we have no other choice for that around here. It's the TV that makes me mad.

So one last time, F--K you Charter Spectrum!! AngryAngryAngry
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 3:48pm

An update.
Well, goodbye Spectrum TV. It's May 28th, 2018 and we have not had Fox 41 for *115 DAYS*!!! We'll keep the Internet and Home Phone, but as for cable, we're done for now. Spectrum and Northwest Broadcasting haven't budged and I'm starting to blame them both for their idiocy. Spectrum TV can shove it up their rears.
Goodbye cable channels. Whatever. 50 of them show the same crap, the same movies, and the same reality shows with mass amounts of stupid commercials and logo bugs and promos on the screen at all times. I'll miss some of the mainstays and Flix/TCM/Movieplex, but I can live without them. Redbox is just 8 blocks away, and I've got a decent DVD and VHS collection in case we can't find anything on MeTV, Charge! or Comet-TV, not to mention the major networks. 
Spectrum will probably jack up the prices for the 'Net and phone, just because we don't have the TV anymore. But I will pay it because we have no other choice for that around here. It's the TV that makes me mad.

So one last time, F--K you Charter Spectrum!! AngryAngryAngry

I'm with you on here. I'm on a second year promo and it's almost $150 a month for the three. I cannot afford that anymore. Between the DVR which I had free for the first year which was nice but now you're charged $13 for the service (probably per box too if you have more than one DVR) and $7 because it's a decoder so $20 a month just to watch TV in my living room alone is a scam. I know most cable/satellite providers require box rentals each month but that is such a scam since you need to pay more just to watch something you're already paying high enough for, as well as the stupid commercials like you said, the sped up programs just to fit even more stupid commercials in, and the fact that so many "commonly watched" channels and making their way to the silver package which requires an extra $20 a month. It's ridiculous! Their "monsters" ads are absolutely stupid as hell.

I'm sorry but they're just like any other cable provider out there looking to make an extra buck. With purposely putting popular channels on higher-tier packages like Boomerang which is I believe on the gold package where you actually have decent cartoons on instead of junk like they have on Shartoon Network. Despite my age, I still enjoy watching Flintstones and Jetsons, sure don't get that on the cheaper tiers. All you get is junk. Even though I'm grandfathered into the old lineup, I see they put GSN on the silver package as well. I used to watch it all day and while I still watch it sometimes, since it became the Family Feud network with that dipstick Steve Harvey, I don't watch it nearly as much anymore.

So, I too, bought a Roku, and took great notice that the Philo TV streaming service provides almost everything I watch for only $16 a month. So I don't care, I'll buy more Rokus and put them on my televisions and use it along with my over the air antenna that I can easily hook back up and say good buy to high television prices. Even if my internet went up to regular $65 a month price along with $20 for the phone making a grand total of $85 and $16 for Philo, that's only $101 a month. Not sure about any fees or taxes with Philo yet since I just signed up but I like it a lot so far! My 2 year promo expires in September which would mean full price for everything and that's absolutely not happening. Even right now, it would be a nearly $50 a month savings. For that, I might even subscribe to the Boomerang channel which is only $3.99 a month I think. All win win!

This, however, only proves just how "smart" those executives are. When they know cord cutting is becoming more and more popular and more people are jumping ship for over the air and streaming, lets just jack the prices up even more on the people we still have so eventually they'll leave as well! This just ties in with stupid commercials...I think these people who do all that marvelous thinking all have cotton between their ears in place of something that actually does real thinking. Eventually most everyone will ditch cable TV for something cheaper. How about doing something to lure in people and keep them instead of trying to purposely scam them?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 5:32pm
Broadcast TV sucks balls!  I'm watching an episode of NCIS LA for the second time.  It's like I'm looking for Ms. Right, but CIH is Ms. right now!  Embarrassed
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Broadcast TV sucks balls!  I'm watching an episode of NCIS LA for the second time.  It's like I'm looking for Ms. Right, but CIH is Ms. right now!  Embarrassed

That's true, it's not really the greatest, but I still like my local news outlets and since MeTV came to our market not long ago via cable and broadcast, they have some pretty good stuff on there most of the time.

I think another thing that I'm getting sick of and it might not really be the cable company itself but the channel is the way overabundance of marathons. I remember when some stations would do that for a big holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas...but come on, do we truly need to watch Family Feud for 6 hours at a time? Or sometimes other programs are on longer. I don't mind watching M*A*S*H but honestly, after 24 hours, that's about enough. Not that I sit there that long, but who really wants to see the same show over and over again?
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 6:54pm
Well, KCYU finally came back to Spectrum on Friday after over 4 months. And my mother wants her 'Little People, Big World', 'Dr. Jeff' and other cable programs, so no saving money right now! Spectrum should still give me a refund for the months I've lost Fox.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 11:39pm
I'm familiar with cable disputes, they are a PAIN in the ASS! We had one in 2015 involving CBS and Cablevision and then again in 2017 with the SAME COMPANIES from January to March. They're a BITCH! Now that Cablevision is slowly being replaced by Altice maybe cable disputes are a thing of the past HOWEVER, I AIN'T HOLDING MY BREATH TO FIND OUT!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 1:52am

And my mother wants her 'Little People, Big World', 'Dr. Jeff' and other cable programs, so no saving money right now! Spectrum should still give me a refund for the months I've lost Fox.

Ever consider streaming? Philo actually has TLC! So from trying to look it up, is Dr. Jeff on Animal Planet? If so, Philo has that as well. $16 a month. You might want to see if they have the channels she wants. It's a pain in a way to teach an old dog new tricks, no insulting intended, but our parents just aren't as up on how to work new things so teaching her how to use something like a Roku might take a bit of time. But in my case,  I know it'll be worth it.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 5:42am
Listening to you people with cable makes me glad I don't have cable...   Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic