Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AT&T YOUR THING GARBAGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 2:43am
I think the real Donathan (and of course that is not his/her/it's real name) paid that young woman on the bus to read that from a script.  Wink  Her real name probably isn't really Karen either!  Tongue
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 4:33am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I think the real Donathan (and of course that is not his/her/it's real name) paid that young woman on the bus to read that from a script.  Wink  Her real name probably isn't really Karen either!  Tongue

Anything is possible I suppose. I can only tell you that she (I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume she is Karen in the video and pic) took the selfie and made the video at my request after a couple of PM exchanges.

I hold no ill will towards Donathan. To me, this internet forum business is all about having fun. Some people have fun differently than others.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 4:49pm
Your thing, your thang! I have no ill will either, he just puts himself out there so much, I couldn't help it. I think Donna is still using some alias and posting just like he always did.  Most people come off as pretty normal...others don't.  Look who is making accusations lately.
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 9:51pm
OK, I just watched the "Break-up" version of the ad a few times and can list a few things that really, really bothered me - certainly, the vengeful, irrational, out-of-control young woman acting like a three-year-old in public is completely alienating and painful to watch.  Lady, NO ONE CARES that you are mad at your boyfriend.  Case closed.  Throw your tantrum (and all your/his stuff) elsewhere.  The air-mailing of trash onto the public sidewalk is just awful.  After you kill your boyfriend with all that flying debris...who's going to clean up YOUR mess?    

The apartment - at least from the outside - appears to be neglected and dilapidated - peeling paint, gross windows, dead potted plants, and yet the young woman has some pretty nice clothes and electronics (check out the TV that she gazes at so rapturously...that wasn't sent flying out the window, although I'm sure that Errant Boyfriend must have helped her buy it, LOL)  

And even creepier - if you pause it at  about 8 seconds in - there is a baby in a stroller on the sidewalk coming into the picture (look to the right)!  We can only hope that Crazy-Eyed Vengeful Over-Empowered Angry Goddess Of Independence didn't smash the little tyke too.  Horrible, horrible ad!  AngryAngry
CapeCat
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

...And even creepier - if you pause it at  about 8 seconds in - there is a baby in a stroller on the sidewalk coming into the picture (look to the right)!  We can only hope that Crazy-Eyed Vengeful Over-Empowered Angry Goddess Of Independence didn't smash the little tyke too.  Horrible, horrible ad!  AngryAngry
ConfusedI thought I saw the same thing and I DO believe it added to the 'creepy *itch'-factor...in any case, anyone who has to throw anything at anyone else should be apprehended and restrained. Or shot on the spot, maybe mildly-muderated, doncha know...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 11:49pm

OK, I just watched the "Break-up" version of the ad a few times and can list a few things that really, really bothered me - certainly, the vengeful, irrational, out-of-control young woman acting like a three-year-old in public is completely alienating and painful to watch.  Lady, NO ONE CARES that you are mad at your boyfriend.  Case closed.  Throw your tantrum (and all your/his stuff) elsewhere.  The air-mailing of trash onto the public sidewalk is just awful.  After you kill your boyfriend with all that flying debris...who's going to clean up YOUR mess?    

The apartment - at least from the outside - appears to be neglected and dilapidated - peeling paint, gross windows, dead potted plants, and yet the young woman has some pretty nice clothes and electronics (check out the TV that she gazes at so rapturously...that wasn't sent flying out the window, although I'm sure that Errant Boyfriend must have helped her buy it, LOL)

And even creepier - if you pause it at  about 8 seconds in - there is a baby in a stroller on the sidewalk coming into the picture (look to the right)!  We can only hope that
Crazy-Eyed Vengeful Over-Empowered Angry Goddess Of Independence didn't smash the little tyke too.  Horrible, horrible ad!  AngryAngry

Love the description!!! Gonna remember that one!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 4:57am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

And even creepier - if you pause it at  about 8 seconds in - there is a baby in a stroller on the sidewalk coming into the picture (look to the right)!  We can only hope that
Crazy-Eyed Vengeful Over-Empowered Angry Goddess Of Independence didn't smash the little tyke too.  Horrible, horrible ad!  AngryAngry

Love the description!!! Gonna remember that one!!!
Back in my day, they used to call it being on the rag.  Wink
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

The only thing I like about her is the "3" on her hat. Kinda reminds of the 3 of WFSB from 1985 to 1993. Simple and modern. Sorta miss it.

I'm not that great with the current crappy music of today, but I do know this "3" is some kind of logo for Chance The Rapper. But when it comes to commercials, he was in that goofy Kit Kat ad.

I don't even know what the 3 means - guess I can look it up but I just don't care. 

You can now own a "3" hat for just.....um....
..$40.00! ConfusedSleepy🤔

http://chanceraps.com/shop/

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Anything is possible I suppose. I can only tell you that she (I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume she is Karen in the video and pic) took the selfie and made the video at my request after a couple of PM exchanges.

I hold no ill will towards Donathan. To me, this internet forum business is all about having fun. Some people have fun differently than others.
I also hold no ill will towards Donathan. I just don't believe anything they post. Especially "Karen".
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

The only thing I like about her is the "3" on her hat. Kinda reminds of the 3 of WFSB from 1985 to 1993. Simple and modern. Sorta miss it.

I'm not that great with the current crappy music of today, but I do know this "3" is some kind of logo for Chance The Rapper. But when it comes to commercials, he was in that goofy Kit Kat ad.

I don't even know what the 3 means - guess I can look it up but I just don't care. 

You can now own a "3" hat for just.....um....
..$40.00! ConfusedSleepy🤔

http://chanceraps.com/shop/
Is Chance the Rapper wearing a fur coat? That's not very PC!

I remember this Mink Stole my mom used to have. It was creepy! It had paws and claws and a head with teeth! It scared the bejesus out of me.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:48am
Quote Is Chance the Rapper wearing a fur coat? That's not very PC!

Look closer.  It's a fur hoodie with teddy bear ears.  And claws on the cuffs.  Gotta be a weird story about cosplay going seriously wrong there somewhere...   LOL

(Or maybe the joke is that he's a black bear...  Ermm )
LovinItLots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovinItLots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 2:08am
Commercialssuck, you're a small-minded racist. Who gives a rat's butt how many "non white" actors there are?!? This is America, the land of potpourri cultures. Get over it.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by LovinItLots LovinItLots wrote:

Commercialssuck, you're a small-minded racist. Who gives a rat's butt how many "non white" actors there are?!? This is America, the land of potpourri cultures. Get over it.

While I agree with you here I think his point was how politically correct they are. I don't really get bothered by how many black people there are in a commercials so maybe he is a racist.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 6:11pm
I get BS junk mail from AT&T a couple times a week, It pisses me off so much I called them.  Some foreign f*cktard didn't understand what I wanted.  Leave me alone!

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 6:27pm
What's with the stupid changes in the design of the logo? Are they trying to ripoff the 1980s MTV logo variations?

None of these stupid "ideas" are original!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 2:10am
Great.  That background music is almost as bad as the voiceover lady with the vocal fry, or is that the other way around? Confused Unhappy
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 4:41pm
! SOB there's vocal fry in this one too!
AdvertRevert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdvertRevert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 5:17am
Too bad that someone posting here is ultimately called a racist for pointing out the obvious.  90% of Commercials now feature 90% non=whites and it feels like they bend over backwards to insure that NO white males are in the superior role in the ad.  Towards this ATT ad, they don't dare put a black boyfriend in this role because of the long term stereotype that all black men cheat on their girlfriends.  What they miss on is that they are bolstering the stereotype of angry black women overreacting in over-the-top fashion. And I agree with initial point that the female anncr is awful!  When it comes on, which is several times a day regardless of what channel I have on unfortunately,I cannot grab the frkg remote fast enough.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:29am
Originally posted by AdvertRevert AdvertRevert wrote:

Too bad that someone posting here is ultimately called a racist for pointing out the obvious.  90% of Commercials now feature 90% non=whites and it feels like they bend over backwards to insure that NO white males are in the superior role in the ad.  Towards this ATT ad, they don't dare put a black boyfriend in this role because of the long term stereotype that all black men cheat on their girlfriends.  What they miss on is that they are bolstering the stereotype of angry black women overreacting in over-the-top fashion. And I agree with initial point that the female anncr is awful!  When it comes on, which is several times a day regardless of what channel I have on unfortunately,I cannot grab the frkg remote fast enough.
I'm already weary of this new It's Your Thing campaign from AT&T.  There are plenty of black and/or African-American voiceover artists who do a great job.  (I'm not including Arby's Ving Rhames in this LOL.)  It's the vocal fry I can't stand, and it's really annoying when a black woman is trying to sound like a Valley Girl.  Or vocal fry is so widespread now everyone's doing it!  Angry
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

...And even creepier - if you pause it at  about 8 seconds in - there is a baby in a stroller on the sidewalk coming into the picture (look to the right)!  We can only hope that Crazy-Eyed Vengeful Over-Empowered Angry Goddess Of Independence didn't smash the little tyke too.  Horrible, horrible ad!  AngryAngry
ConfusedI thought I saw the same thing and I DO believe it added to the 'creepy *itch'-factor...in any case, anyone who has to throw anything at anyone else should be apprehended and restrained. Or shot on the spot, maybe mildly-muderated, doncha know...
And it creates the question of who would be stupid enough to push a stroller anywhere near that dangerous display of bat scat insanity???ConfusedConfused (double confused)
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:47am
I get a little satisfaction just knowing I'm not the target demographic here.  It ain't my thing!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:56am
Some thoughts from their facebook page...

Great job of totally screwing up DirecTV! Now the "new improved" guide is pathetically slow! It reminds me of first generation receivers from 1996!

AT&T paid $600,000 to gut net neutrality and to push for a merger. They only got half of what they paid for - as far. AT&T SUCKS!

Kinda hard to watch anything when AT&T s data Throttling everyone

Worst service ON THE PLANET!

I see a breach of contract lawsuit coming!

AT&T is blocking Yahoo on my mobile phone

Omfg it is impossible to get my phone upgraded properly w att. WTH. I have spent so much time online chat and phone and in store to get the phone I want and I still don’t have it. This is such a clustereff. They don’t care about my loyalty so not sure why I’m staying these days.... maybe this upgrade needs to go to Verizon. And my daughter’s new phone line too. bc att can’t seem to handle it.

Jay View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 3:34pm
I hate these commercials. Starting with the person doing the voiceover. Hate her voice. I tried to look up who she is and can’t find it. Sounds like a few people. Mainly Queen La Queefa. Or possibly Mohammad Ali’s daughter. I Hate how she keeps saying your thang over and over.
Jay
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 4:02pm
I think it's Lena Waithe, a popular in some circles black comedienne.
jaybyrd1955 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybyrd1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 3:25am
Just look at the commercials in one you have a hot black girl throws a wimpy white guys things on the street while the black woman with the black dominatrix voice take about moving on to"bigger and better things" imagine the uproar if it was a sexy white girl tossing out the possessions of a wimpy black guy.
In another commercial the same narrator talks about starting your forever thing and life together with you new life as a black man and a white women mine in together. It's about kissing the black ass if there VH1 MTV crowd where anyone who doesn't like them is accused if being racist even thought every mixed couple and every hip hop group always features a black man and a white girl never the other way around but lately for the first time some commercials are actually featuring white guys and black girls. The hip hop generation hates this so that had to throw in the moving on to bigger and better things to reassure the black man that he was Superior.
What it really is about though is that in most crack houses and trap house the addicts and dealers there have blown to there credit with the local cable affiliates so ATT knows that they have to just as to their audience because their service becomes costly after their introductory rate runs out and some will pay and others will have to pay it later if they get their lives together and buet a house and they'll pay the bill they defaulted on when they were smoking crack!!!
It's only racism when it insults black people that's my thank.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic