Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

23 And Me- DNA Valentine (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 23 And Me- DNA Valentine (video)
    Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 1:23pm
Listening to this woman speak is pure torture! AngryAngry

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 9:16pm
FFS! They did Thanksgiving, Christmas, and now Valentine's Day what's next? SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!? EASTER!?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

FFS! They did Thanksgiving, Christmas, and now Valentine's Day what's next? SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!? EASTER!?
St. Patrick's Day?  Absolutely!  What a perfect tie-in!  "They say on Saint Patrick's Day, everyone is Irish.  But are you really Irish?  Take the 23 & Me DNA test to find out if you're really the offspring of your Irish Da, or if that conniving Scotsman who used to deliver the milk is how ye got yer red hair!"

They can do another one for Columbus Day.  "They say Christopher Columbus was Italian, even though he sailed in the service of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella because of their generous financial support.  Are you really Italian, or did a Spaniard get involved in your family tree?"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 12:41am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

St. Patrick's Day?  Absolutely!  What a perfect tie-in!  "They say on Saint Patrick's Day, everyone is Irish.  But are you really Irish?  Take the 23 & Me DNA test to find out if you're really the offspring of your Irish Da, or if that conniving Scotsman who used to deliver the milk is how ye got yer red hair!"

They can do another one for Columbus Day.  "They say Christopher Columbus was Italian, even though he sailed in the service of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella because of their generous financial support.  Are you really Italian, or did a Spaniard get involved in your family tree?"

I wonder when someone's gonna find out something that St. Patrick did wrong, so we can erase him, too, from our culture.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 2:28am
I'm waiting for the first report of '23&Me' causing a marriage break-up because 'Mrs. Beloved' finds out she is really her husband's long-lost sister.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 4:58am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I wonder when someone's gonna find out something that St. Patrick did wrong, so we can erase him, too, from our culture.

I don't think that America's first post-New Year's Eve favorite drinking holiday is going anywhere anytime soon.  Tongue  Even Super Bowl Sunday is for football and snacks fans only, but everyone's Irish on SPD and while not everyone imbibes in green beer, or any beer, there are plenty who do, some of whom shouldn't.  Wink
Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 5:18am
I saw this commercial and thought it was so weird for a Valentine's gift! As a Christmas gift, I can almost understand if you're giving it to someone in your own family. But Valentine's Day?! Really?

Nothing says "I love you sweetheart" more than giving someone the knowledge of their potential genetic defects. "You should probably get a colon cancer screening dear, I see it runs in your family." Unhappy
I don't patronize bunny rabbits!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 5:50am
There are times when giving '23&Me' is simply the most priceless gift that can be given.
(Big smileOne of the very most priceless moments from the idiot box - one you can't get tired of)

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 7:31am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

There are times when giving '23&Me' is simply the most priceless gift that can be given.
(Big smileOne of the very most priceless moments from the idiot box - one you can't get tired of)

LOL the lady's laugh to left of him is infectious! BTW anyone notice the vocal fry in the ladies voice in the original post's video?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 5:44pm
^ Yes, she could fry a full English breakfast with that vocal fry!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Puppydogpants Puppydogpants wrote:

I saw this commercial and thought it was so weird for a Valentine's gift! As a Christmas gift, I can almost understand if you're giving it to someone in your own family. But Valentine's Day?! Really?

Nothing says "I love you sweetheart" more than giving someone the knowledge of their potential genetic defects. "You should probably get a colon cancer screening dear, I see it runs in your family." Unhappy
I can only think of Birthday gift because of the sorta kinda tie to ancestry. I know I have English and French ancestors. There are probably others but I really don't care enough for a DNA test.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 5:40pm

LOL

The main reason I posted this video!  And why is she talking about his urine? Confused
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL

The main reason I posted this video!  And why is she talking about his urine? Confused
Because he told her about his urine on their first date?  Confused  Embarrassed

Gross.  Just, no.  Dead
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 12:12am

LOL

Gross.  Just, no.  Dead

Oh honey, urine my thoughts, urine my heart and urine my soul.

Urine everything I do, urine every move I make.

I'm so happy urine my life.

What's wrong with that???

Sounds so romantic!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 1:31am

LOL

Gross.  Just, no.  Dead

That's the only reason this commercial caught my attention at all! They were talking about Valentine's Day and then all of a sudden I hear the word "urinate" and I thought "Huh??" So I looked up. I guess advertisers know what they're doing.

Also, who actually uses the word "Urinate" in casual conversation. Just say "pee"!
I don't patronize bunny rabbits!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 3:07am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

LOL

Gross.  Just, no.  Dead

Sounds so romantic!!!

The guy has a faulty schnoz so he can't smell the asparagus in his wizz?  He probably has another faulty body part (not including his brain).  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 5:00am
Yeah, that's the Rod Stewart song I was thinking of when I posted that.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 6:23am
^^^Confused
I thought you're in eight of the last posts, but alas, not so. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 5:43pm

LOL

Gross.  Just, no.  Dead

Sounds so romantic!!!

LOLLOL

Maybe, she is yearning for a golden shower, or a rolling brown out. NO!  Not Uranus!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 9:53pm

LOL

Gross.  Just, no.  Dead

Sounds so romantic!!!

LOLLOL

Maybe, she is yearning for a golden shower, or a rolling brown out. NO!  Not Uranus!!

Then she would really be pissed.

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 12:47am

LOL

Gross.  Just, no.  Dead

Sounds so romantic!!!

LOLLOL

Then she would really be pissed.
I've always been told it's much better to be pissed off than pissed on.Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 5:54am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I think it was Confuscious who said that, wasn't it?

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 12:14pm
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 3:53pm

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I think it was Confuscious who said that, wasn't it?

Confuscious velly wise man.LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 6:33pm
ConfusedShocked
Sometimes none of this hits until you actually hear the commercial with a totally 'clean slate' - a blank mind, if you will...and this commercial has had a MILLION chances, but it just happened NOW.

WHO, in their right mind, runs around looking for asparagus right after 'walking the dog'?
"...anyone got some fresh asparagus? I got a clear bladder! Lemme see if I can smell your asparagus!"
I can't wrap my mind around this one at this time, but I could see someone possibly getting arrested.

~~~Who's In For A Contest? You're In? Or Not?~~~

I DO KNOW that if *I* eat a lot of asparagus (and I DO love asparagus!) that I can participate in any March 17 St Patrick's Day Peeing Contest and at least be one of the finalists for 'Most Green Pee For All To See'.  Not a great contest to take friends and family to unless you all enjoy air tinged with heavy doses of ammonia. Coincidentally, any ammonia in the air will eliminate the blissful, mouth-watering scent of fresh asparagus (if any), so 'Junior' from the '23 & Me' commercial CERTAINLY will not be smelling any asparagus.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic