Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UNSOLVED: The Murders: Tupac&Notorious B.I.G.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

In the 50's women were swooning over Elvis Presley. In the 60's, they were swooning over The Beatles. In the 70's, they were swooning over Aerosmith. In the 80's, they were swooning over Poison. In the 90's, they were swooning over Backstreet Boys.
They were?  Confused  Dead

Robert Plant?  Mark Farner?  Donny Osmond?  LOL

David Cassidy and Leif Garrett.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 1:26am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I'm curious, does anyone know what "B.I.G." stood for?

Big Incredible Gnomes!?
Bug Irritated Goats!?
Boggy Infectious Gasses!?
Bay Inland Garages!?
Jeez, this is hard!

It's a typo.
It was supposed to be N.I.G.

....but the "B" and "N" are right next to each other on the keyboard. Shocked

Jeez! I was trying to make a joke not offend people! You do realize several African Americans read this board?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 1:40am
I highly doubt WOMEN were swooning over Donny Osmond in the 90's. Teenage girls, yes, but not grown women.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 1:47am

I'm curious, does anyone know what "B.I.G." stood for?

Big Incredible Gnomes!?
Bug Irritated Goats!?
Boggy Infectious Gasses!?
Bay Inland Garages!?
Jeez, this is hard!

It's a typo.
It was supposed to be N.I.G.

....but the "B" and "N" are right next to each other on the keyboard. Shocked

LOLohhhhhhhhhhnoyoudidn't!!!
And people always claimed *I* rode the fence a little to close...that's just a beauty, although I hear howling from beyond and now I have 3 scratch marks on my neck and a bite impression there, also for almost falling out of my chair snickering.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 4:51am
Robert Plant.  Robert Plant.  Robert Plant.  Robert Plant.  Robert Plant.  Robert Plant.  Yes, that's the one.  Big smile  Tongue  Thumbs Up  HeartBroken HeartHeart
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

Sick of who killed Tupac sh*t - nobody cares which gangster criminal killed another gangster criminal - if only there was this much effort put into crimestoppers to solve real murders of innocent people.

It's the idiotic celebrity worship culture that has taken over the collective brains of society.
Speaking of "idiotic". I recently watched a Pawn Stars episode which featured the Tupac death car which was at auction. Chumlee volunteered (without being asked) everything we could give a s**t less about Tupac including what a wonderful talented person. Very similar to Donathan's post. Gag! A photo was shown of the death car full of bullet holes. Similar to the Bonnie and Clyde and James Dean celebrity death cars which were displayed as is. The 1990s BMW 750 was repaired to excellent condition. Huh! A car value expert was asked what average wholesale value would be on a similar car? "About $5,000". The seller was asked what the buy now price was? "$1.6,000,000! For what?Confused 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 5:12am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

And people always claimed *I* rode the fence a little to close...that's just a beauty, although I hear howling from beyond and now I have 3 scratch marks on my neck and a bite impression there, also for almost falling out of my chair snickering.

Good thing you didn't use "s[REPORT ME TO BE BANNED IMMEDIATELY]ing", otherwise there could have been a firestorm of indignant screeching from the dictionaryly-ignorant over using such an obviously racist word...  ShockedConfusedLOL

edit:  oh wow, apparently it IS now a racist word!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Good thing you didn't use "s[REPORT ME TO BE BANNED IMMEDIATELY]ing", otherwise there could have been a firestorm of indignant screeching from the dictionaryly-ignorant over using such an obviously racist word...  ShockedConfusedLOL

Personally, [which is code for saying "in my own defense"], all bets are off when Tupac himself uses the word "NIGGAZ" in the title of his own Top-40 songs!!

Of course, it's not about the "N-word" anyway - and never is/was.
It's about how people behave in society.
Dealing drugs at age-12, and getting arrested for guns at age-17, isn't exactly an auspicious start - and is definitely not something to be memorialized and idolized.

Of course, one could argue that both conditions are prerequisites to rapper "street cred" and stardom.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Sick of who killed Tupac sh*t - nobody cares which gangster criminal killed another gangster criminal - if only there was this much effort put into crimestoppers to solve real murders of innocent people.

It's the idiotic celebrity worship culture that has taken over the collective brains of society.
Speaking of "idiotic". I recently watched a Pawn Stars episode which featured the Tupac death car which was at auction. Chumlee volunteered (without being asked) everything we could give a s**t less about Tupac including what a wonderful talented person. Very similar to Donathan's post. Gag! A photo was shown of the death car full of bullet holes. Similar to the Bonnie and Clyde and James Dean celebrity death cars which were displayed as is. The 1990s BMW 750 was repaired to excellent condition. Huh! A car value expert was asked what average wholesale value would be on a similar car? "About $5,000". The seller was asked what the buy now price was? "$1.6,000,000! For what?Confused 
I've long wondered what Chumlee wants to be and what he will stand for when he reaches puberty.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 8:55pm

Personally, [which is code for saying "in my own defense"], all bets are off when Tupac himself uses the word "NIGGAZ" in the title of his own Top-40 songs!!

Of course, it's not about the "N-word" anyway - and never is/was.
It's about how people behave in society.
Dealing drugs at age-12, and getting arrested for guns at age-17, isn't exactly an auspicious start - and is definitely not something to be memorialized and idolized.

Of course, one could argue that both conditions are prerequisites to rapper "street cred" and stardom.
WinkWell said...and it all could have been forgiven had they turned their lives around.

For them?

It's just another 'Thug Life' gone bad, gone down, just gone.

It's adopting unacceptable behaviors for the sole purpose of personal satisfaction or personal gain. 
It's benefitting from the weakness of others and possibly even taking kindness for weakness
It's the act of being selfish, self-serving, self-important.
It isn't black, it isn't white. it isn't Hispanic or Oriental, it's sort of Chumlee.

It isn't enough to avoid this lifestyle - it has to be driven down. As long as we have young and easily influenced youth, it is the responsibility of all to ensure that fertile, easily-influenced minds become all they can be rather than a statistic.

And about the 'N' word? One lifestyle uses it freely and generally doesn't understand the meaning other than it is colorblind and describes nothing of color, but everything of lifestyle.

Image result
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 9:19pm
I heard a Middle East owner of a convienience store call someone black that he thought was a shoplifter the N word. I was shocked but at the same time desentized. It was a weird feeling for me.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 9:19pm

It isn't enough to avoid this lifestyle - it has to be driven down. As long as we have young and easily influenced youth, it is the responsibility of all to ensure that fertile, easily-influenced minds become all they can be rather than a statistic.

Law of averages says I have maybe 14 or 15 years left; at this point, I don't care what the thugs do to themselves and each other.  Just keep it away from me.

I was just thinking earlier...unless I make a severely wrong turn, I will probably never find myself in Paterson again in my life.  LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Law of averages says I have maybe 14 or 15 years left; at this point, I don't care what the thugs do to themselves and each other.  Just keep it away from me.

I was just thinking earlier...unless I make a severely wrong turn, I will probably never find myself in Paterson again in my life.  LOL

Big smileWink
That's just enough time to witness someone else's small hands with innocent eyes and hopeful smile looking up at you for maybe just a hug - and maybe you did.
Then you spent some time on CIH.
What do you know?! Your NOT dead yet - no MudMonkeyMeritBadge for YOU - but that brat at the door, clearly high with gun in hand, has no idea you started his day off right one time and then turned and walked away. Why not? He wasn't YOUR spermmistake, but now he's society's.
And yea - that cute baby girl you knew?
Sure.
Preggos in the Dirtball hotel, looking for heroin.
Yup...another clash and crash with society because too many turned away.
You can change so many lives in 14 or 15 years, even a lot in a short amount of time - there just has to be an 'inner drive'.
Guess if you can't help 'em that way, may as well get a gun.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:48pm

I've long wondered what Chumlee wants to be and what he will stand for when he reaches puberty.

The Pawn Stars episode played again yesterday. The history channel and all the others that also play interesting (to me) documentaries tend to play the same ones over and over and..... ARRRRRHHHH!!! Any way my memory of the Tupac death car episode was nearly perfect (for a change). The buy now price was $1.5,000,000. I guess that makes it a bargain! LOL

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 12:53am
$1.5,000,000? What a deal! Anybody can afford that!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 1:21am

$1.5,000,000? What a deal! Anybody can afford that!

Yeah if your name is Jack Whitaker some years back. ;)

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 3:41pm
I admit, I liked 2Pac and Notorious BIG, the music back in the 90s. The deaths sucked, but i didn't lose sleep over it.

Anyway, I don't quite understand the slew of the specials, TV shows on these now. USA has it, FX I believe is coming up with another one. AND FOX just aired some silly in depth special last week. Hosted by former CNN Soledad O'Brien and Ice-T. It's not some big milestone anniversary of their deaths - 1996 and 1997 - unlike all the OJ trial specials, Now a lot of Waco specials (20 and 25th anniversary)

I ended  up turning it off because I simply didn't care, the ton of conspiracy theories, etc
But I WISH I taped the one 5-6 min segment with Ice -T giving his 2 cents. Which simply consisted of one word - "Wow." 

That is ALL he said during the 5 minutes before a commercial kicked in. I know, stupid, I just mumbled and laughed LOL to myself..."damn, such power insight by Ice...other than being a hip hop artist back in the day...why is he on this show?" 

- then I changed the channel. I also saw "All Eyez On Me" on HBO last week, 1, 2am. Terrible movie! 

TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 8:53pm
To give an explanation to the older crowd on the boards, 2Pac and Biggie are considered to be the" Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Doors," of rap. I'm not trying to say they are as talented as Led Zeppelin, I am just trying to use an analogy to relate it to you guys.

Just as there is crappy rock music, there is also crappy rap music. I think there is rap that sucks, but I like Biggie and 2Pac. I think there is rock that sucks, but I like Led Zeppelin.

You could still dislike them for all I care. I'm not in this for an argument, just trying to shed some light as to how they are seen. 

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 12:07am
^ Thank God you didn't say 2Pac and Biggie were The Beatles of Rap.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 5:41am
Well, they kinda are.  Two of the Beatles are dead, also... 
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 1:00pm

Not only that, but because rap "artists" have no real talent of their own, they tend to suck inspiration from wherever they can find it, usually ruining it in the process.

To wit:  The Top-5 Rap Songs that Sample the Beatles.  Angry

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 5:32pm

Not only that, but because rap "artists" have no real talent of their own, they tend to suck inspiration from wherever they can find it, usually ruining it in the process.

And early Led Zeppelin was heavily enhanced covers of classic blues which actually worked for me.Smile When I saw them live in Portland, OR, mid June 1972 (long concert) my ears were still ringing in the morning!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 7:23pm

And early Led Zeppelin was heavily enhanced covers of classic blues which actually worked for me.Smile When I saw them live in Portland, OR, mid June 1972 (long concert) my ears were still ringing in the morning!
Yardbirds! Page came from them and, if I can dig it out, I have some sessions where Page, Clapton, and Beck are actually playing together, non-Yardbirds...you want to talk about some downright dirty blues. Sarge, I couldn't agree with you more! LedZep3 was when they started the slide into what they became.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 7:48pm

Yardbirds! Page came from them and, if I can dig it out, I have some sessions where Page, Clapton, and Beck are actually playing together, non-Yardbirds...you want to talk about some downright dirty blues. Sarge, I couldn't agree with you more! LedZep3 was when they started the slide into what they became.

You must be talking about....

I've got the album.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 7:53pm

I was a Yardbirds fan. LZ3 produced a big Huh! "When the Levy breaks" on "so called" LZ4 gave hope and "No Body's Fault but Mine" on Presence was about it for their "Rockin Blues". 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic