Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weight Watchers Freestyle (videos)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weight Watchers Freestyle (videos)
    Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 5:43pm
This must be one of the things they are pushing in marketing 101...diversity!

Great, another mixed couple. But what really pisses me off! They are doing 'cheers' with their food! Angry

Do people really do that? Confused

I was hoping Orca would just stay in her office and be a good millionaire.

Oh no! Not another 'food bump'. Angry

Sponsored Links

Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 6:43pm
I have actually seen people do "cheers" with their food.

On another note, I think Weight Watchers is such a scam. "Lose 10 pounds on us!"

Ummm, anyone can do that on their own. It's called just eating less and possibly moving a bit more. I don't need Weight Watchers to figure that out.
I don't patronize bunny rabbits!
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 6:49pm
The hell is wrong with the nose on the blonde chick in the 2nd video???
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Puppydogpants Puppydogpants wrote:

I have actually seen people do "cheers" with their food.

On another note, I think Weight Watchers is such a scam. "Lose 10 pounds on us!"

Ummm, anyone can do that on their own. It's called just eating less and possibly moving a bit more. I don't need Weight Watchers to figure that out.
LOL

Just watching Oprah and her friends makes me feel ill,  I guess it works in some subliminal way.
raynjuls View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raynjuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 9:03pm
Why does Orca always have to pretend that what she is doing is FABULOUS!!!.  Its f'ing tacos...
When a true genius enters the world, you will know him by this sign; all the dunces will be in confederacy against him....
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 9:10pm
I gonna have to say it here, I don't give a crap what you say about me. I see nothing wrong depicting mixed race couples in commercials it doesn't bother me one iota! It doesn't even phase me. It would be boring if it was all white people all the time!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 5:42am
Those are fake CGI tacos.  If you did a 'food bump' with real tacos, you'd have a shower of broken tacos falling onto the table, and a segue to a Bounty commercial...
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Tully Blanchard Tully Blanchard wrote:

The hell is wrong with the nose on the blonde chick in the 2nd video???

She's Jewish. DUH.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 3:13pm

look..its ORCAH..from the 70s!
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 6:24pm
Why is Oprah still used in ads? Her show has been off the air for several years, and in case anyone hasn't noticed, she doesn't look like she's lost an ounce (let alone the 4 stone she probably needs to shed).
One man gathers what another man spills
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 9:24pm
Seems DJ Khaled (some fat Muslim rapper or something) is involved in this "Freestyle" thing.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Those are fake CGI tacos.  If you did a 'food bump' with real tacos, you'd have a shower of broken tacos falling onto the table, and a segue to a Bounty commercial...

ROFL that cracked me up, ditto on tikibagger's post. I needed the laugh!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 4:03am
I for the life of me STILL don't get Orcas strange magnetic effect on the populace of Merika..i mean she shows no particular talent outside of being obnoxious and huge, has equally non-compelling friends and Steadman? Obviously a cling on..is it just me?
These observations apply to Ellen, Crappy Lee, KELLY lee and Yoda CotBee as well..bring back Matt Lauer! Anyone with testicles is now cringing in their boots on the tv news
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 1:44am
I'm actually on Weight Watchers and they just introduced Freestyle not too long ago. It's actually quite nice because it's literally the previous SmartPoints program but now there are many more 0 point foods available, like skinless grilled chicken/turkey breast, eggs, fish, etc. Although I was never a fan of their commercials, the new program is really cool and makes it easier to manage.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 4:08am
the one problem with enrolling and PAYING for that is:
A. u are GIVING ORCAH money and
B. u could probably do this yorself for yourself..all the info is OUT THERE
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 12:23am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

the one problem with enrolling and PAYING for that is:
B. u could probably do this yorself for yourself..all the info is OUT THERE

Exactly! That's why I say it's a scam. Counting "points" is essentially just counting calories, fat, and sugar. Anyone can do that on their own. It might just take a few more minutes because the Weight Watchers app doesn't do it for you. 
ILUVTOMH77 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILUVTOMH77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 3:01pm
(Puppydogpants) I couldn't agree with you more!  Eat in moderation and get your fat-ass off the couch and at least make an attempt to walk around the block.  It's not that hard........Confused  Who the hell wants to follow some stupid diet that bound to fail.  Eat less and walk. 
Chevy commercials that feature annoying hipsters make me NOT want to ever buy a Chevy......
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I gonna have to say it here, I don't give a crap what you say about me. I see nothing wrong depicting mixed race couples in commercials it doesn't bother me one iota! It doesn't even phase me. It would be boring if it was all white people all the time!

Agreed!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 4:47pm
Please, Oprah.  Just shut your piehole.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 6:59pm
It looks like Orca is still having some trouble with her weight, look at those thighs!

And what about when she sings "FREEING"...Insert barf emoticon here!

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 2:10am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

It looks like Orca is still having some trouble with her weight, look at those thighs!

Is that the same couch that Tom Cruise was jumping on?  Tongue
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 3:57am
Sure, you can do it yourself. My health insurance is paying for me to attend so technically I'm not giving them that much of my own money except for my insurance plan itself. However, the points system really is not a big scam as you might think it is. I've been doing this a long time and what is nice about points is it incorporates more key points into your daily value. Food nutrition is much more than just calories. It also includes protein which is another key thing some people lack in their diets. More protein = staying full longer. But something else a few fail to see is you are paying money and need to weigh in each week. That brings something else to the table, accountability. Do you really want to pay money just to gain weight? I suppose you could put money in a jar each week and then get it back once you reach your goal, but knowing that, nobody is there to stop you from just taking it whenever.

Anyway, I digress, their commercials are stupid and a big turn off but the program and meetings themselves are great! You'd be surprised what you can learn from the meetings so instead of just eating a bunch of bland foods over and over that you don't care for, you can learn how to make good choices or how to substitute certain things to make your favorite foods healthier.

Now if you want a real scam....try Nutrisystem. You can buy food at the grocery store. Here you're paying for most likely subpar food and you get to hear Marie Osmond brag about her 50 pounds for the next half century!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 2:31am

I agree, and I have no problem with mixed race couples or them being depicted in commercials.

However, it's the fact that advertisers are going out of their way to do it. It's to the point of being unrealistic and absurdly obvious. Statistically speaking, there just aren't that many mixed race couples/families as recent TV commercials would have you believe.

I just saw a commercial for something (I don't even remember what it was) where it showed a white dad skipping down the street with his black daughter. Nothing wrong with that. But I will admit, it's the only thing that caught my attention or made me remember the ad at all. I don't think that was unintentional.

I know this maybe sounds really un-politically correct, I'm sorry. But there is something fake about it when you see it over and over again in advertising.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:15am

I agree, and I have no problem with mixed race couples or them being depicted in commercials.

However, it's the fact that advertisers are going out of their way to do it. It's to the point of being unrealistic and absurdly obvious. Statistically speaking, there just aren't that many mixed race couples/families as recent TV commercials would have you believe.

I just saw a commercial for something (I don't even remember what it was) where it showed a white dad skipping down the street with his black daughter. Nothing wrong with that. But I will admit, it's the only thing that caught my attention or made me remember the ad at all. I don't think that was unintentional.

I know this maybe sounds really un-politically correct, I'm sorry. But there is something fake about it when you see it over and over again in advertising.
I agree 100%.

It's a free country and people can date and marry anyone they choose. The talent pool for these commercials must be pretty shallow.  SafeLite 'Grandkids?'

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:50pm

Every Single Thing in commercials is overdone and fake.  If something is popular, if something is seen as a social issue, if something is seen as a trend, then commercials don't just jump on it.  They jump on it mug it, rape it, and leave it for dead the moment it's not perceived as a trend that can be exploited by them to squeeze every single cent out of your wallet.  

When hashtags were something that the adholes identified as a trend, so many advertisers make it their own.  When rappers or whoever started showing up on youtube dropping microphones, then advertisers bludgeoned that concept to death.  And though I still see hashtags and mic drops, it's almost always on older ads that ran their course months ago.

Advertisers are mental/trend/lifestyle rapists.  There is no level that they won't go to so that they might sell you the products that they're advertising.  It's the single biggest reason why I hate all advertising.  They don't care if you love, like, or hate the commercials, as long as they're on your mind and you're thinking about the product they're shoveling.  It's all a manipulation.  When I was in college, I took a media class and we always talked about commercials.  It was sort of torture for a lifelong commercial hater.  One thing I remember the professor saying is that the only goal of an advertiser is for you to have awareness of the product.  Hate the commercial?  Love it?  It really doesn't matter to them, as long as you think about the product and it's somewhere in your mind when you go into the store.  That's why ads campaigns like Chevy real people exist.  Everyone hates them, but everyone talks about them.

I agree with the sentiment, however.  I never have had any issue with other races or mixed race couples/families.  I wouldn't have even noticed the trend in ads, were it not for this website.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic