Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Birthday Jesus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy Birthday Jesus
    Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 10:13pm
Everything is so damned PC these days...Happy Holidays! Don't you dare say 'Merry Christmas' because some group may feel left out. Merry holidays.

We are not hosting the Christmas get together for the first time in 10 years and that's just fine with me.

The youngest grandchild is like the Tazmanian Devil on steroids.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Everything is so damned PC these days...Happy Holidays! Don't you dare say 'Merry Christmas' because some group may feel left out. Merry holidays.

Even worse are the people who get offended and upset when some business DOESN'T put up "Merry Christmas" signs, but instead, CHOOSES to put up "Happy Holidays" instead, because they know there are a lot of people who don't share those beliefs but who shop at their stores. So out of politeness and respect, they try to not give preference to any one religious belief.

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

We are not hosting the Christmas get together for the first time in 10 years and that's just fine with me.

The youngest grandchild is like the Tazmanian Devil on steroids.

I don't think I'd like someone else's kid(s) running wild around my house either.

I'd have to go through the entire place finding things to lock up or put away or up on high shelves.

Little kids make me extremely nervous.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 1:38am
I prefer to say "Happy Holidays" just in case I'm speaking to a goddammed Jesus-killin' Jew.

Or sometimes I say "Merry Christmas or whatever the f*cking stupid-assed holiday it is your people celebrate".

Other times I say "Merry Kwanzaa".

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I prefer to say "Happy Holidays" just in case I'm speaking to a goddammed Jesus-killin' Jew.

What.... you can't sniff em out???
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 1:45am
On Christmas, they smell like Chinese food.  On Christmas, you can pretty much go to any Chinese restaurant and rest assured there'll be a few Goldbergs there.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 1:47am

Or sometimes I say "Merry Christmas or whatever the f*cking stupid-assed holiday it is your people celebrate".

Someone needs to invent Chrinzaa or Kwansmas.

Or maybe Chranzukah.

C'mon, man!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 2:24am
^
^
LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 2:31am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Someone needs to invent Chrinzaa or Kwansmas.

Or maybe Chranzukah.

Or maybe even ChrismaHanaKwanzica like that Virgin Mobile ad from a few years ago!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 2:46am
I just got back from my "Church-Hopping" trip. In addition to my own church (First Baptist Church of Daytona Beach (You HAVE to include your church)). I visited four other churches (A new record!) Clap I also had Communion at three churches (ANOTHER new record!) Big smile At one church I found out what Frankincense and Myrrh (BOTH were more expensive than Gold!) Shocked Tomorrow I will go to a church in New Smyrna Beach which is having a Christmas Luncheon, when I return home I'll toss in a rib roast in the oven for dinner. 

I'm not going to mention what a Minister of one of the churches said during his sermon, but You will find out next Sunday when I give out my "Annual Awards" (He's now first in line to receive my GUTS (The Award for REAL Americans!) Award!Thumbs Up
Poiuyt Power!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 10:36am
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Or maybe even ChrismaHanaKwanzica like that Virgin Mobile ad from a few years ago!

I'd add an 's' on the end, alter a couple of letters and make it "ChrismaHanuKwanzakas"

Or Chriswanzaanukah maybe?

Gotta be a way we can make everyone happy.

Oh wait, what about the atheists????

Here we go... "ChrismaHanuKwanzakathereisnogod".

C'mon, man!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 12:50am
I'm a tad late for this thread, since I was visiting my family in the UK, and I kept off the internet for a fortnight. 
I always say Happy Christmas wherever I am. I don't care if others dislike it or not. I'm sick and tired of the wretched politically correct twits, and I hate treading around on proverbial eggshells with every thing I say.
It was nice seeing Mum and my nieces and nephews, as well as my cousins and my old schoolmates.
They call me a Yank now, and I don't mind at all. (I've been sworn in as an American citizen, and I'm damn proud of it!)
My Mum was concerned about my neurological condition, and I told her not to worry. Hopefully she'll believe me.
I missed not checking in here, but I happy that I'm back!
Happy Belated Christmas-Boxing Day, and next week Happy New Year!!!
One man gathers what another man spills
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 1:37am

Everyone knows Jesus was born January 7th, so what's really going on here?

Now, here's someone who actually supports what I have been preaching to the masses all along! Could these be my minions?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic