Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Oh where have all the good sports announcers gone?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oh where have all the good sports announcers gone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh where have all the good sports announcers gone?
    Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 2:13am
That's it. I can't listen to football announcers anymore. They're boring, bland, stupid, and are just phoning it in. Al Michaels is the only one I like these days. 

Just now, on Monday Night Football, Sean McDonough with his ugly AF bald eel shaped head said "19 seconds left in the half" when it was just the 1st quarter. Okayyyyyyyyyy baldy, time for you to retire. WTF has happened to competence? Ermm
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 6:07am
Most the competent people are radio announcers.  If you can find a radio simul-cast of the game, listen to that and mute the TV guys...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 3:05pm
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 6:05am
I have to agree with you. I have HATED Joe Buck forever. He and Aikman can absolutely ruin a game for me. Angry

However, partly due to all the ridiculous kneeling during the Anthem and the black lives matter supporters, I am DONE with football. Haven't watched a game this year and don't really miss it.

The NFL is one of the most corrupt and greedy corporations around. And all for a silly little game where a bunch of men chase a pigskin.

TBH, I think I'm just getting older and realize there's more to life than wasting time watching the overpaid idiots of the NFL run around. Not knocking any of you who like to watch, it just doesn't interest me anymore.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 10:54am
Originally posted by commercialssuck commercialssuck wrote:

I have to agree with you. I have HATED Joe Buck forever. He and Aikman can absolutely ruin a game for me. Angry

However, partly due to all the ridiculous kneeling during the Anthem and the black lives matter supporters, I am DONE with football. Haven't watched a game this year and don't really miss it.

The NFL is one of the most corrupt and greedy corporations around. And all for a silly little game where a bunch of men chase a pigskin.

TBH, I think I'm just getting older and realize there's more to life than wasting time watching the overpaid idiots of the NFL run around. Not knocking any of you who like to watch, it just doesn't interest me anymore.

It could be worse. These men could be beating the crap out of each other for a Ding dong on ice!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by commercialssuck commercialssuck wrote:

...there's more to life than wasting time watching the overpaid idiots of the NFL run around... 
ClapThumbs Up
Well said.
If there could possibly be two of me, you might be able to get in that short line. What an idiotic sport - and I KNOW I am correct in saying this as most of the dain-bramaged players never got the message that the only REAL sport - the 'sport of the gods' - is played during the spring and summer.
And we all know Harry Carey is dead.
"Yes Virginia, there IS a Christmas and Football IS for the boys who ride 'The Short Bus'!"
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 9:33pm

I got to watching football today. And listening to the announcers. And thinking. I know that’s dangerous but I can’t help myself. Anyhow I got to thinking what a play caller would sound like in ancient Rome,  at the games there. He would of course stand off to the side of the emperor and scream at the top of his (or her) lungs.

“”“OH!!! AND ON THE FAR SIDE A GLADIATOR HAS JUST STABBED A PEACEKEEPER!  BUT THAT’S NOT AGAINST THE RULES BECAUSE WE HAVE NONE!   

THE CHRISTIANS LOOK ESPECIALLY NERVOUS TODAY. I GUESS THAT’S BECAUSE THE LIONS HAVEN’T BEEN FEED IN TWO WEEKS.

AND HERE COMES BRUTIS! HE WILL GET OFF HIS CHARIOT VERY SOON AND GET DRESSED FOR BATTLE.  THE CROWD IS ON IT’S FEET!

AND THE CROWD CHEERS!  SOMEONE HAS JUST PUSHED A FRESH FRUIT SELLER OFF THE STANDS ON THE NEAR SIDE! AFTER STABBING HIM PROPERLY OF COURSE.  I GUESS HIS CUSTOMER SERVICE WASN’T WHAT IT SHOULD BE.  

THOSE NET GUYS ARE SHARPING THEIR PITCH FOLKS AND HAVE THEIR NETS AT THE READY. IT SHOULD BE A GOOD DAY FOR MAYHEM.

OH !!!!!  A LION HAS BROKEN LOOSE AND IS MAULING A STRAY COMBATANT.  THAT MAKES “WHAT’S FOR DINNER” TAKE ON A WHOLE NEW MEANING!

AND THE CROWD ROARS AS THE  EMPEROR GIVES A FAST THUMBS DOWN TO THE LATEST FIGHT. I THINK THEY WANTED THE ETHIOPIAN SPARED. OH WELL.

THE FIRST-AID FOLKS HAVE ALL BUT GIVEN UP BUT THE MORTICIANS ARE STANDING BY AND AT THE READY. GO “M’S” !

AND BE SURE TO COME BACK NEXT WEEK!! WE WILL FLOOD THE ARENA AND SIMULATE NAVAL BATTLES! THE CHARIOT RACES SHOULD BE INTERESTING.  THERE SHOULD BE MUSH DEATH AND DESTRUCTION!

THIS SHOUTING BROUGHT TO YOU BY CROSSES-R-US. FOR ALL YOUR CRUCIFIXION NEEDS."""

I could go on but I think you get the point.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 9:46pm
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by (0)(0) (0)(0) wrote:

<p ="Msonormal">I got to watching football today. And listening to the
announcers. And thinking. I know that’s dangerous but I can’t help myself.
Anyhow I got to thinking what a play caller would sound like in ancient Rome, <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>at the games there. He would of course stand
off to the side of the emperor and scream at the top of his (or her) lungs.

<p ="Msonormal"> 

<p ="Msonormal">“”“OH!!! AND ON THE FAR SIDE A GLADIATOR HAS JUST STABBED A
PEACEKEEPER!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>BUT THAT’S NOT AGAINST THE
RULES BECAUSE WE HAVE NONE!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">    </span>

<p ="Msonormal">THE CHRISTIANS LOOK ESPECIALLY NERVOUS TODAY. I GUESS THAT’S
BECAUSE THE LIONS HAVEN’T BEEN FEED IN TWO WEEKS.

<p ="Msonormal">AND HERE COMES BRUTIS! HE WILL GET OFF HIS CHARIOT VERY SOON
AND GET DRESSED FOR BATTLE. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>THE CROWD IS
ON IT’S FEET!

<p ="Msonormal">AND THE CROWD CHEERS!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> 
</span>SOMEONE HAS JUST PUSHED A FRESH FRUIT SELLER OFF THE STANDS ON THE NEAR
SIDE! AFTER STABBING HIM PROPERLY OF COURSE. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>I GUESS HIS CUSTOMER SERVICE WASN’T WHAT IT
SHOULD BE. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>

<p ="Msonormal">THOSE NET GUYS ARE SHARPING THEIR PITCH FOLKS AND HAVE THEIR
NETS AT THE READY. IT SHOULD BE A GOOD DAY FOR MAYHEM.

<p ="Msonormal">OH !!!!!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>A LION HAS
BROKEN LOOSE AND IS MAULING A STRAY COMBATANT. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>THAT MAKES “<i style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">WHAT’S FOR DINNER” TAKE ON A WHOLE NEW MEANING!

<p ="Msonormal">AND THE CROWD ROARS AS THE  EMPEROR GIVES A FAST THUMBS DOWN
TO THE LATEST FIGHT. I THINK THEY WANTED THE ETHIOPIAN SPARED. OH WELL.

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>THE FIRST-AID FOLKS
HAVE ALL BUT GIVEN UP BUT THE MORTICIANS ARE STANDING BY AND AT THE READY. GO “M’S”
!

<p ="Msonormal">AND BE SURE TO COME BACK NEXT WEEK!! WE WILL FLOOD THE ARENA
AND SIMULATE NAVAL BATTLES! THE CHARIOT RACES SHOULD BE INTERESTING.  THERE SHOULD BE MUSH DEATH AND DESTRUCTION!

<p ="Msonormal">THIS SHOUTING BROUGHT TO YOU BY CROSSES-R-US. FOR ALL YOUR CRUCIFIXION NEEDS."""

<p ="Msonormal">

<p ="Msonormal">I could go on but I think you get the point.

Oh god (sorry) LOL that is too funny!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic