Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Out, damn spot!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Out, damn spot!
    Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 7:00am
This time of year it's very easy to get a red wine stain or two (or six or seven) on a favorite shirt, blouse, pants, sofa, or whatever. I recently had one on a white and black dress of polyester and wool blend. I know, yikes! right? I thought, "Geez it's ruined, and it was only the second time I've worn it." So I carted it off to the drycleaner hoping and praying something could be done. The girl assures me they can get rid of it, but the colors might run. WTF? Why? What were they going to do with it exactly? She said they would have to wash it in very hot hot water. I looked at her like she had suddenly sprouted a second head, and gasped, "you, do know this is polyester and wool, do you? Two fabrics that should never ever get washed?" She nodded in agreement, and added, "It also might stretch." I snatched my form-fitting party frock out of her arms and drove straight home like hell's minion on a mission. I quickly turned to everyone's favorite answer buddy "Google" sure enough there was a cure all for red wine stains and other nasty damn spots. Two ingredients: Dove dish detergent (original) and Hydrogen peroxide (the weaker stuff for cuts that you get in the pharmacy). Mix in a bowl, then dab with a cloth on Lady Macbeth's "damn spot" and voila! it magically disappears! Then use water (cold or hot) and dab clean (get all the peroxide and dove off) then hang to dry. My dress was perfectly cleaned. I decided to make this my number one cleaner, it also lifts the greasy prints off white kitchen cabinets, gets guacamoli stains off carpets, and those annoying make up stains off nice white blouses (or shirts for guys). Best product, bar none.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 9:09am
Red, red wine you make me feel so fine.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 10:54am
What about blood stains?  I tend to get a lot of blood on my clothes.  Lots and lots of blood.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

What about blood stains?  I tend to get a lot of blood on my clothes.  Lots and lots of blood.

I don't even want to know! *Backs away slowly from Thor and then runs full speed like a track star runner!*
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 1:30pm
Now that you've solved the spot removal problem, we need to work on your messy wine drinking habits!!!

Rule #1) The wine goes in your MOUTH.

Rule #2) The wine DOES NOT go on your clothing or furniture.

Memorize.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 5:26pm
lol - you are assuming that I'm the one responsible for these wine stains, when in fact the dress stain was caused by a coworker at the office Xmas party, the other stains (including the guac) caused by house guests - lmao - the wine, goes in the straw into the mouth 😊 seriously though, for the $3 for Dawn and $4 for the Hydrogen peroxide, it's the best cleaner you will ever find. @Thor yes blood stains too - though with that quantity, you might just want to burn the evidence... erm... I mean clothes....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Now that you've solved the spot removal problem, we need to work on your messy wine drinking habits!!!

Rule #1) The wine goes in your MOUTH.

Rule #2) The wine DOES NOT go on your clothing or furniture.

Memorize.

Rule #3)  Serve only white wine.

or...

Rule #4)  Wear red clothes.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

@Thor yes blood stains too - though with that quantity, you might just want to burn the evidence... erm... I mean clothes....

No way!  I'm too frugal.

When anyone asks, I just say I've been painting.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 6:13am
Quote  $4 for the Hydrogen peroxide

Whoa!  Ripped off! Shocked (Unless you are buying it by the gallon.)
Usually runs $1 to $1.49 (sometimes even $.50 in some stores.)

Quote Thor wrote:

Don't wash it with your whites, or you'll turn everything pink...  LOL

Quote When anyone asks, I just say I've been painting.

That might work.  Until they whip out the Lumenol... LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Big smile
Yay!Clap
Same as my youngest son who is reminding me more and more of Hannibal Lecter, every day.
HE gets blood all over him all the time now that he has fallen in love with his newest profession as a 'butcher'. His favorite song is "Wiggle While You Work" and I think it has something to do with ensuring there is a conscious reaction to the band saw through the arm pit of his current victim...just LOTS of blood, doncha know! He also specializes in 'physical therapy', especially sports-related.
That's my boy!
So, about the spots? I was thinking Oxy Clean and plenty of fake passports would turn the trick...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 5:27am
I live in Canada - and on an island, no less, so yes, unfortunately its more expensive for hydrogen peroxide
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic