Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

...and now for something completely different!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ...and now for something completely different!
    Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 11:11pm
WinkYea, Paw borrowing a title from a certain Monty Python movie, but all for a good cause.
To edikate my teeming minions.
"Say hello to my weird friends"
The Leningrad Cowboys
~~~~~~~~~~~

Confused Do YOU have something 'totally completely different'? Post it!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 12:08am
Love it!  But I might be lovin' the unicorn hair even more.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 12:09am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

WinkYea, Paw borrowing a title from a certain Monty Python movie, but all for a good cause.

The Leningrad Cowboys

Hate to do this to ya Pa, but the correct Python phrase is "And now for something completely different".

Sorry.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Love it!  But I might be lovin' the unicorn hair even more.

I don't think I'd have been loving it had I been sitting directly beneath those people swinging the burning fire pots around over their heads!!!!

I wonder what that concert for.

Halloween maybe?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 1:43am
oh no....they've been around for a day or two - where do you think our bands get their inspiration from? Note the SWA is 25 years old? Yea, Skynard lifted it from them...here's from a few years back. I don't any of the band died in any airplane accidents - maybe one or two at the gulag?
They're just a bunch of rednecks that don't get out of town very often.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 2:01am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

The Leningrad Cowboys

Hate to do this to ya Pa, but the correct Python phrase is "And now for something completely different".

Sorry.
ShockedCryI'm such an idiot!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 11:06pm
I miss America's #1 Love Couple, Lux and Ivy.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 11:13pm
This one's pretty "different".  It was used in the closing credits for Freeway, a bizarre mid-90s flick starring Kiefer Sutherland and Reese Witherspoon.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

This one's pretty "different".  It was used in the closing credits for Freeway, a bizarre mid-90s flick starring Kiefer Sutherland and Reese Witherspoon.

Are you trying to test me?! Are you trying to play me?!

I know the movie, I know Miss Murgatroid
ClapThank You!
I actually love that cut - haven't heard it in some time. It takes me WAY back to altered times, spaces, and places. It still pops up in some complex dreams. At mid-to-low volume and with proper lighting, it is the perfect background music to terrorize your most recent tied-up captive.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 8:52am
^  Yeah, I love it, too.  Every once in awhile, I just gotta listen to it.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 5:57pm
^I'd like to hear it with an accompanying squeeze box, but it still sounds like 'Music from Purgatory' as I listen to it in a total trance, frozen but my head shaking back & forth at about 1000 mph.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 9:39pm

The first time I heard it, I thought "What the hell?"  But I couldn't get it off my mind.  Finally found it on Youtube some years back.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 7:16pm

Have you seen this video? The damned accordion sends shivers up and down my spine. Its styling is creepy and when it expands and contracts, the light tones make it appears as if it has lungs. Straight out of a horror movie, it looks as if it is a representative from the land of death ready to jump in your face and take you there.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 7:34pm
^  It's kind of beautiful.

From no vocals to only vocals slacov ylno ot slacov on morF:

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 8:36pm
LOL...if you're going to toss in Nina Hagen, you could at least het something a little less beautiful, donhca think? And heck, she's probably older than either one of us...
Check out her earrings!LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 10:26pm
Amazing, the things she does with her voice.  Love the cackling at the end of that one, though the cackling at the end of the studio version is even better.

Older than me, Pa.  Younger than you.  Interesting life.  Check Wikipedia. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 9:32pm
Big smile...some years back one of our illustrious members posted this video.
Haven't seen it, much less thought of it, in a dog's age and ran into it on another board this AM.
It was so much fun watching it again that all I could do was to share it with you.
Enjoy! I know I did. If you look up OK GO on youtube, you'll find other fun videos.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 2:25am
Big smile...and while we have Tupac and other dead peeps that li'l ignorant chilluns just have to cry over, the French have obviously moved on...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 4:02am
^^^Big smileWinkI should mention I've reviewed the Chouette (French for 'Owl') 'You don't know why you run' album (if I posted the cover we could have a problem), which is on Youtube. It really is pretty darned good for 15 minutes, then sort of comes and goes from there - except the last cut, which gets 2 thumbs up from me as a sort of Grateful Dead (PigPen Days)-meets SOMEONE?! type of cut - it is just great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQcddB8OSGs
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 7:04pm

Big smile...and while we have Tupac and other dead peeps that li'l ignorant chilluns just have to cry over, the French have obviously moved on...

Pretty good.  Sometimes, I wonder if the future of decent rock music is in Europe.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 8:15pm
There is a lot of decent rock coming from the coast of France.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 9:51pm
There's this, outta Nouvelle Jersois:

I just heard this on my non-commercial radio station, and I'm trying to figure out who it is.  It might be a guy named Gar Francis who's going by the name Plainfield Slim (from Plainfield, NJ).  I dunno.  I just like the song.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 5:23pm

It is now time for 'Intermission'.

For today, we have 'Cholita Wrestling'!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 3:02am
Sometimes you read about people you just need to meet...check out this lovely couple.. Read the article and enjoy the photos of the happy family (the newborn was named 'Burston'LOL -  again, check the photos and look for the pacifier)

https://torontosun.com/news/weird/b-c-couple-recreate-alien-birth-scene-for-maternity-photo-shoot/wcm/a27c21aa-6200-45f2-928e-2e9ddb980c04

B.C. couple recreate ’Alien’ birth scene for maternity photo shoot

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 4:26am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic