Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wise- Emergency Food Supply (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wise- Emergency Food Supply (video)
    Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 2:36pm
^ I used the nuke emoticon...LOL

I see there were some older threads on this. I guess we never know when Lil' Kim is going to ride one of his ICBM's,  (BM= Bowel Movement), over here to the upper midwest.

Sponsored Links

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 4:25pm
Ahh, the ultimate in fear based advertising. LOL

If lil' kim does ride an ICBM up the midwest's tailpipe, 72 hours of food isn't going to make a difference, unless it comes with iodine tablets.  Love these "prepper junior" commercials though.  World ending?  It's all good.  Let's just sit down at the dining room table for a delicious candlelight dinner.  Pass the potatoes, kid.
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 11:05pm
Oh, I love the nice clean bowls and silverware and even placemats (!!!), of all things,  (along with the glass of nuke-orange drink - Tang, maybe?) all nicely laid out in the dining room...right in front of the window...as if, post-disaster,  the crazed, hungry, desperate neighbors or the roving bands of zombies out there aren't going to storm the house, crash through the windows and take your Wise food.  I venture to guess that if I were in a disaster situation, I might not so blatantly advertise that my family was enjoying a nice assortment of MREs (just add water...if you happen to have access to any clean water post-disaster, that is).  While Mom is dutifully dishing out the chow,  Dad really should be standing guard with the trusty sidearm that ends all arguments...but they aren't showing that aspect of survival in this ad. Wink 
CapeCat
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 8:54am
If you're that worried about a disaster (or blizzard or power outage), chances are you have a generator.  If you have a generator, you can at least microwave stuff.  And wouldn't such "prepared-for-disasters" people already have 3 days worth of food in the house?  Hell, I don't worry about such things, and I can probably get by for a few weeks with what I have in the house right now.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 4:12pm
I think what most disaster conscious folk do is stock up on canned food, and bottled water. Maybe a Sterno or propane fueled camp stove.

My mom bought me a propane camp stove and several small bottles of propane back in 2004 after that miserable hurricane season we endured. Still haven't used it.

A few months ago when Irma hit us, about two days prior, I braved the massive hoards and crowds at the supermarket, and purchased several days worth of canned food, crackers, bread etc, etc.

Took me weeks after the storm was long gone to finish it all off. Actually, I still have a can of Hormel chilli and a couple of foil pouches of tuna I haven't gotten to yet.

The one question I have about that Wise 72 hour survival kit is, let's say you've also stocked up on plenty of clean, potable drinking water. If your power is out and you don't have a generator or a camping stove, how are you supposed to heat the water to mix with the various pasta and other dishes that require mixing with hot water? Build a fire in the back yard out of busted up furniture?

Everything those kits include, can be purchased at any grocery store for Pete's sake.

Fear mongering for profit is all this is.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 4:33pm
They're just trying to capitalize on the whole prepper thing that's in fashion these days.  They don't care about the details, only that you have the food necessary to carry on the tradition of a Sunday family dinner.  Perhaps somewhere in the fine print, they have something like "Only food is included.  Food preparation utensils not included".  Otherwise, I know who I'm going to sue when I can't prepare my apocalypse food.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 4:37pm
I have one of those little camping stoves too. Even during the worst winter storms, they have the roads cleared in hours.  I don't worry too much about finding food.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

They're just trying to capitalize on the whole prepper thing that's in fashion these days.  They don't care about the details, only that you have the food necessary to carry on the tradition of a Sunday family dinner.  Perhaps somewhere in the fine print, they have something like "Only food is included.  Food preparation utensils not included".  Otherwise, I know who I'm going to sue when I can't prepare my apocalypse food.

Hopefully all the lawyers will be the first ones to be wiped out in whatever apocalypse occurs.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I have one of those little camping stoves too. Even during the worst winter storms, they have the roads cleared in hours.  I don't worry too much about finding food.

If worse comes to worse, you can just go ice fishing in the canal behind your house.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 7:10pm
^ Funny you should mention that, the icehole fisherman are back but the dog is not barking.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 9:27pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 6:40pm
Some assbag, several years ago, fired up his auger (that had no muffler) at 6:00 on a Sunday morning.
I went out there and had a word with him. Other neighbors have reported them for pissing in public. The cops came out. All of the creature comforts of home?  A place they don't want to be.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 6:57pm
Jimbo, is probably sorry he talked about the channel behind our house.

This icehole smells like fish!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Jimbo, is probably sorry he talked about the channel behind our house.

This icehole smells like fish!

Nahhhhh. I'm not sorry.

How often does one get to chat about fishy-smelling iceholes???

C'mon, man!
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 12:30am
I can't find it, but the Wise commercials here all talk about ISIS. Really? Do people really think ISIS is going to take over our country? I hate that fear mongering stuff. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic