Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UPS Store 'Wrapping vs Packing' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UPS Store 'Wrapping vs Packing' (video)
    Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 6:27pm
More and more people are shopping online. Is the system for delivery ready?

Thanks! For the dramatic opera impression! Not!

If your delivery isn't burning in a massive pileup somewhere...

UPS Drivers To Demonstrate Against 70-Hour Work Week

OH! The poor babies have to work some extra hours. Angry  That's nothing, we worked from dawn to dusk, 7 days a week to open Wolf Run.  That's nearly 15 hours of daylight, closer to 100 hours a week.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/12/04/ups-drivers-against-70-hour-week/
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 7:07pm
I hate to brag (not really), but if there's one thing I can do as well or better than any woman, it's wrap a gift.

Back in '79 - '80 I worked at the JCPenney in our local mall. My main job was package pick up, but because my little office was located adjacent to the credit/layaway/customer service/gift wrap dept, I would help the ladies out any way I could.

One of the cardinal rules that every guy who had ever held that job before me had always adhered to was "I'm a guy dammit!!! And hence I don't do gift wrapping because it's women's work". But, being the rebellious maverick that I've always been, and being that I'm a big guy with no insecurities about my manhood or my "artistic flair", I jumped at the opportunity to show off what I could do.

The look of apprehension on the faces of the women (and occasional men) who would come to the gift wrap counter expecting one of the women to wrap their gifts as I, the big lug with the tousled hair, rumpled shirt and a clip on tie, would come lumbering up offering assistance, soon changed to looks of surprise and approval as I not only whipped out a neatly wrapped gift with a tidy, hand cut and looped piece of ribbon and (pre-made) bow applied just right, but I did it deftly and in short order.

And with minimal amount of Scotch tape, too!!!!

Wham-bam-thank-you-ma'm and that sucker was wrapped and looking good, baby!!!!

Your mom couldn't have done it better!!!

I've considered taking on seasonal work in some store wrapping gifts during the Christmas season, but I'm not sure I could stand being on my feet for hours at a time.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 7:14pm
LOL

being in on my feet for hours at a time.

I hear you Jambo, I too take pride in my wrapping skills.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL

being in on my feet for hours at a time.

I'm so sick of that stupid autocorrect!!!!

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I hear you Jambo, I too take pride in my wrapping skills.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:50pm
I used to wrap gifts adequately.  But then, I discovered gift bags at the Dollar Tree.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic