Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Name a commercial fad you hate immensely.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

[QUOTE=Angry McPisseron]1: ANY commercial for toilet paper (esp. the Charmin Poo-Poo Bears), diapers (baby or adult), tampons, sanitary napkins -- for that matter, any product designed to absorb or contain piss, shit, or blood played at mealtime.

2: Commercials forย <span style="line-height: 16.8px;">laxatives & poo softeners.</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">3: Commercials pee-pee medication (though I've got to admit, the Vesicare Pissing Robots were pretty good!).</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">4: Commercials for dick medication.</span>

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">5: Why are there even commercials for TOILET PAPER in the first place? We all know what it's for.ย </span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">ย </span>

BULLY!
or DILLY DILLY ...i guess.. to the T.P. observance...when literally BILLIONS of dollars are spent onย  thing you WIPE with, ads are inevitable. Lets all just STEAL NAPKINS off fast food joints from here on!

STICK IT TO THE MAN

About stealing toilet paper, I saw a YouTube video where you could see a guy desperately fighting his inner demons, wondering if he should steal toilet paper in Walgreen's. He chose the NICE! Brand to minimize Theft loss to Walgreen's. NICE! Brand is Walgreen's store brand so he knew that Walgreen's in his educated theory would suffer LESS if he stole our brand that is $2 less than say Charmin(I work at Walgreen's and our NICE! Brand is more affordable than the national brand like Charmin and still really good. .

He looks desperate and conflicted and then decides to walk out the store but not completely outside with it (He walked to the doorway) with it and then realized he saw the cameraman/uploader filming the whole thing and decides to go back in. An undercover Security guard was actually following him too without his knowledge.

The uploaded/Cameraman wrote in the captions something like,"He is lucky he came back because this particular Walgreens doesn't play!" LOL! And the security gaurd, seeing his troubles and struggles, BOUGHT the toilet paper for him! So heartwarming!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.๐Ÿ˜€ Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! ๐Ÿ˜€

Sponsored Links

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:07pm
I don't like commercials where the actress portrays someone being cutesy quirky, for a prime example, Zooey Deschanel commercial where she asked her PHONE if it is raining! Her phone said something like,"Yes, it is raining!" Zooey finally looks out of the window and sees rain. Why would you need your PHONE to tell you if it's raining? Stupid! And on top of that, Zooey was like 32 when this commercial aired. A 32 year old adult that needs a PHONE to tell her when it's raining when she could just look out of the window has a problem...
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.๐Ÿ˜€ Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! ๐Ÿ˜€

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:37pm
This may sound cruel but fat women in commercials especially when they are dancing. I know most of us are large and in charge but, TV is escapist fare. It can be multicultural heck girl on girl but at least let them be hotties
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://madamenoire.com/842680/hiplet-dancers-old-navy/&ved=0ahU
The lead dancer with the striped top is borderline plump but that hair is fugly. And those poor ballet pointed shoes.
Were not made for hippos!
I approve this message.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:13am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

This may sound cruel but fat women in commercials especially when they are dancing. I know most of us are large and in charge but, TV is escapist fare. It can be multicultural heck girl on girl but at least let them be hotties
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://madamenoire.com/842680/hiplet-dancers-old-navy/&ved=0ahU
The lead dancer with the striped top is borderline plump but that hair is fugly. And those poor ballet pointed shoes.

There are beautiful fat women. I mean big boned, I mean,curvy,yes, curvy is the current politically correct term for it :) Sara Rue was gorgeous and she was...Curvy. Tocarra from America's Next Top Model was gorgeous and she was....Curvy. Monique is gorgeous and she is.....Curvy. :)

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:14am

Here's the video that shows up in your url which is from YouTube

Are you saying the lead dancer with the striped top in this one is borderline plump?  You've got to be kidding, right?  She looks fine to me and no one else looks fat in this commercial.  I'm truly confused.  She's hardly a hippo.  Confused
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:05am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Are you saying the lead dancer with the striped top in this one is borderline plump?ย  You've got to be kidding, right?ย  She looks fine to me and no one else looks fat in this commercial.ย  I'm truly confused.ย  She's hardly a hippo.ย ย Confused

There are a couple of slightly "plump" gals in that ad...

...but not the striped shirt girl.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:31pm
DAMN thats sum BUBBLE BOO TE' there..the fat girl is now part of the PC ACCEPTANCE trend, which, while admirable in concept, is just a $$ cow for adtards..note the sneaky and ubiquitous presence of chubs in Ross and Penney ads. These mass marketers to soccer moms and tubbys do WELL to put Puddin in their ads, as she wants the STYLE of Stick Girl but can't put down the CHEESBURGERS
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:29pm
Oh please, GMAFB!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Portraying snotty, misbehaved little brats as being cute.

I hate that.

I remember someone saying something like,"Those commercials that portray misbehaving, snotty, kids as cute annoy me so much. If any of MY kids acted like that I'd be in jail for beating the crap out of them!"

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:56pm
In the all inclusive multi cultural Millennial snowflake fest God forbid you say anything against those of size in commercials which is exponentially increasing. BUT, the exception is when the advertising is for something crunchy granola such as go vegetarian, save the 5 legged froggies, give to PBS etc. then it seems fine and dandy to cow shame like the rest of society. Now, if someone grouses about an Oprah sized woman pitching thong bikinis on TV then it's a hate crime. I know a little bombastic but, I'm zippyjet and I approve this message!
I approve this message.
raynjuls View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raynjuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 5:42pm
and the continued use of hipster doofuses (or is it doofi), to hawk products... the Verizon dbag makes me want to beat him about the head and shoulders... and the idiots from T-mobile who are always punching things...
When a true genius enters the world, you will know him by this sign; all the dunces will be in confederacy against him....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 10:17pm

In the all inclusive multi cultural Millennial snowflake fest God forbid you say anything against those of size in commercials which is exponentially increasing. BUT, the exception is when the advertising is for something crunchy granola such as go vegetarian, save the 5 legged froggies, give to PBS etc. then it seems fine and dandy to cow shame like the rest of society. Now, if someone grouses about an Oprah sized woman pitching thong bikinis on TV then it's a hate crime. I know a little bombastic but, I'm zippyjet and I approve this message!

Yeah, it's kind of a contradiction.  We're supposed to "celebrate" people (especially women) of all sizes, yet we're also constantly being told how obese we all are, and how we must diet, eat healthy, etc.

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 2:19am
The Verizon hipster poof who needs a shave gets on my nerves every time I see him in their ads. I also hate the FIOS gamer commercial with the ugly kid who looks like a childhood version of Al Franken. I've seen that ugly kid in several ads, and he's always annoying!
One man gathers what another man spills
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 5:42am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

The Verizon hipster poof who needs a shave gets on my nerves every time I see him in their ads. I also hate the FIOS gamer commercial with the ugly kid who looks like a childhood version of Al Franken. I've seen that ugly kid in several ads, and he's always annoying!

Especially the Odell Beckham Jr. ones in which he seems to know less than Sergeant Schultz about football.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 9:11pm
the verizon guy..who i guess is 'funny' on a computer geek show..is like the WORST and they seem to have recycled the 'giant' verizon type unveiling for 2018 cuz it was such a GENIUS idea in 2016..wtf? i mean seriously, get a CLUE
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 12:07am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

the verizon guy..who i guess is 'funny' on a computer geek show..is like the WORST and they seem to have recycled the 'giant' verizon type unveiling for 2018 cuz it was such a GENIUS idea in 2016..wtf? i mean seriously, get a CLUE

That lisping, mincing effeminate nerd is from New Jersey and is like finger nails on the blackboard. Reminds me of Mason Reese. For those of you youngsters. Reece was a pugnacious, midget weird creepy but funny nerd in the Underwood Deviled Ham commercials from the early 70's. He mispronounced smorgasbord.

Today the limp wristed Guido lisping blunder will in a few years have a sweater tied around his neck and be squealing like a pig to Broadway Musical Show Tunes. Maybe he could get a hook up with Kevin Spacey.
I approve this message.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 7:26am
^LOLLOL

He looks like that sick f*ck who abused his kids!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 7:31am
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 9:40am
Repeating the same damn ad every other commercial break! I'm looking at you State Farm and your depressing rendition of "Don't You (Forget About Me)"
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 8:22pm
Any commercial airing Oprah - weight-watchers, campbell soup, etc, any sort of Oprah-esque commercial with a big Oprah-talking head - including any commercials where someone might happen to say the name Oprah and she magically appears from behind a curtain. All Golden Globe commercials featuring Oprah and any Oprah for president commercials, past, present, and future.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

Any commercial airing Oprah - weight-watchers, campbell soup, etc, any sort of Oprah-esque commercial with a big Oprah-talking head - including any commercials where someone might happen to say the name Oprah and she magically appears from behind a curtain. All Golden Globe commercials featuring Oprah and any Oprah for president commercials, past, present, and future.
LOLLOL

Just in case you missed this thread.

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weight Watchers Freestyle (videos)
unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 6:39am
THE STUPID BI_CH THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN WITH BRAD!!I HAVE EMAILED THE COMPANY SAYING I HOPE THEY GO BANKRUPT!!Angry I REALLY WISH THEY WOULD GO BANKRUPT AND TAKE THOSE SUB-PAR
FEMALES WITHEM!!

http://just-my-2-cents.com/too-many-tv-commercials - http://just-my-2-cents.com/too-many-tv-commercials

THIS IS SAFE BUT, THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE DUMBASSES INVOLVED ARE EITHER MAKING MONEY OR
MAKING TAX WRITEOFFS.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:52pm
Wow..mason REECE? i can see the comparison though..deviled ham! I used to actual BUG my folks to buy that potted 'meat' as a kid..but i liked SPAGHETTI-OS as well, so there ya go..

What next verizon? Rodney Allen Rippy? Mikey from Life cereal? They both probably need a gig, just as 'duh whats a COM PEW TORE Scout' will about ten minutes from now
Number6 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Number6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 4:32am
Commercial fads I hate?
I growing absence of whites in commercials (I guess they don't want our money anymore), the fact that the whites play the parts of the stupid or uninformed people in commercials (I guess they're afraid of an uprising from the other races if they are portrayed as anything other than smart or mistake-free), and the mixed marriage families. 
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:25pm
Agree! Im thinking of that truck commercial where the white lady saved money on her Christmas lawn display and the black lady saves money on her brand new truck - but rubs it in the other ladyโ€™s face - but you saved foo! (insert fake scream if joy) btw - I have many friends both at work and outside of work who are asian and induan (India) and they think the whole push for blended families is out of control. My asian friend is married to a white guy but still thinks the amount of politically correctness devoted to turning Canada into one bland blend of mocha-colored people with no identity or roots is ridiculous. I personally hate this agenda too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic