Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Future (foorball)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Future (foorball)
    Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 10:51pm

First I would like to say that there is not a prejudice bone in my body. (Well maybe a small ankle bone.) I am a middle class, single, white dude. So help out and just shoot me now.

But for those reading my rants for the first time-------my symphonies. (and beware)

Here goes.

Football:  I see into the deep, (rather Gray) dark future and see this:

At a point there will be a football team. Maybe it will be from Lower Brule, South Dakota. (Never go there) And all the players will be black. And when the (catered) chicken gets too greasy they will all stand on their heads at the National Anthem in protest. The claim at this point will be that football is a form of modern slavery and needs to be changed. So….. The future of football is: the players just wave at each other (with proper wrist braces of course.) The National Football League   (NFL) will be renamed to The Used-To-Be Violent Some kind Of Ball Organization. (UTBVSKOBO). The advertisers will be only Flowers and Pink Cotton.

But be of good cheer. The dances after each touchdown will be graded and scored by you the viewers.

Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 12:03am
You should stop smoking your medicinal or legally recreational marijuana and then posting on this board.  Just saying.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 5:29am
I foresee into the future that NFL teams wanting (demanding) new stadiums built for them with public funds will be told by cities "No, F.U., you make billions already, so YOU effing pay for it to be built".  Other sports franchises will also suffer the same fate...

Also, that viewership for NFL games will fall so low that NFL games will be bumped in favor of televising college football (football fans are already switching in large numbers...)
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 6:38am
I foresee into the future everything going right back to normal and returning to the old status quo. The current popular trend of players using football games as a soapbox to air their social grievances will fade away into the long forgotten past, just like the other current trend of women accusing every man who's ever behaved like a boorish idiot or made a pass at them, of sexual harassment or assault, and just like every other flash in the pan, cause celébrè/issue du jour that has come and gone before them.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic