Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP David Cassidy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP David Cassidy
    Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 2:35am
Musician and actor David Cassidy, of Partridge Family fame and teen heartthrob of the 70s, has passed away at the age of 67.  Organ failure and complications of dementia were the reasons cited.  He was surrounded by his family at the Florida hospital he had been taken to a few days ago.

Cry
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 3:05am
RIP Keith Partridge.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 3:05am
big part of my youth.RIP
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 3:15am
We watched that show a lot when I was a kid.

Was just watching it this afternoon AAMOF.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 4:12am
Never watched the show...it wasn't in our broadcast area.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 8:48am
I watched it occasionally.  I might've been just a few years too old for it to have meant much to me.

RIP, David.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 9:53am
RIP, David.

I watched the show because I was in love with Susan Dey.

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 11:50am
This just breaks my heart. I was among the millions of teenaged girls, who had his picture on their bedroom walls. RIP.😢
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 4:54pm
I watched The Partridge Family when I think I was 12, at my grandparents house. It was cheesy as but was entertaining. I remember being facsinated with the Mondrian-like paint job on the bus. Now I want a diecast version!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I watched it occasionally.  I might've been just a few years too old for it to have meant much to me.

RIP, David.

So how many posters of David did you have on your wall? Big Momma said she had one, so why not you?
 Wink
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I watched The Partridge Family when I think I was 12, at my grandparents house. It was cheesy as but was entertaining. I remember being facsinated with the Mondrian-like paint job on the bus. Now I want a diecast version!

I saw that bus on another old 70's TV show recently. It was only on the screen in the background for a second or two. Looked like it was parked next to a commercial building. I forget what show it was, but I'm pretty sure it was some 70's cop show filmed in southern California.

C'mon, man!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 8:27pm
So sorry to hear about David Cassidy's loss. He was an icon of the late '60s and early '70s. Every teenager loved him. RIP Keith Partridge!
So that makes...five celebrity deaths the past few days I think. Malcolm Young, Earle Hyman, Della Reese, Mel Tillis and now David Cassidy, not in exact order.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

So sorry to hear about David Cassidy's loss. He was an icon of the late '60s and early '70s. Every teenager loved him. RIP Keith Partridge!
So that makes...five celebrity deaths the past few days I think. Malcolm Young, Earle Hyman, Della Reese, Mel Tillis and now David Cassidy, not in exact order.
What?  Charles Manson wasn't enough of a celeb for you??!  What is he--chopped liver?  ShockedLOL

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 9:38pm
It always seems that around the holidays at the end of the year, celebrities cash in their chips en masse.  I don't know if that is statistically true, but it just seems like it.  They say celebrities die in threes, well, I think it's more like sixes now.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 9:42pm
I was never into teen idols, even at a young age.  I did go through my Monkees phase though.  I was always attracted to the real rockers; in love with The Beatles since 1964.  I did watch The Partridge Family TV show but was not a DC fan girl.  It's still sad to see people die so young, or younger than they would have if they hadn't lived their lives doing abusive things.  In order of love of their music, I would say Malcolm Young, Mel Tillis and then DC, although I didn't really "love" that kind of pop music.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I saw that bus on another old 70's TV show recently. It was only on the screen in the background for a second or two. Looked like it was parked next to a commercial building. I forget what show it was, but I'm pretty sure it was some 70's cop show filmed in southern California.

Let's see that narrows it down to Adam-12, The Rockford Files, or Starsky & Hutch.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 5:37pm

Let's see that narrows it down to Adam-12, The Rockford Files, or Starsky & Hutch.

Might've been an 80's show, too.

Possibly The A-Team or TJ Hooker.

Pretty sure it wasn't Adam-12.

Virtually positive it wasn't The Rockford Files. I know almost every episode by heart.

C'mon, man!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 1:12am
R.I.P. David Cassidy. I can remember my little sister had a huge crush on him from the Partridge Family days.
It's heartbreaking to see people around my age dying from conditions like dementia.
I hope David is at peace now....
One man gathers what another man spills
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic