Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Spectrum "What happens on Maple Street..." crap.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spectrum "What happens on Maple Street..." crap.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 1:31am
Originally posted by Jay Jay wrote:

I love your depiction but I don’t hate this one. The husband saves it for me. His expression and what he says at the end cracks me up.
Yes the wife cucks her hubby out, doesn’t tell him she called a competitor to buy his product, and finally cuts his balls off by telling him to get ready for work. But like I said, I feel sorry for the husband so that’s how I handle putting up with this ad.

Think about it...
That makes YOU the target demographic!

DIRECT HIT.  Tongue

Now, if you'll just opt for the "Triple Play - Gold" package.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 1:41am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Originally posted by Jay Jay wrote:

I love your depiction but I don’t hate this one. The husband saves it for me. His expression and what he says at the end cracks me up.
Yes the wife cucks her hubby out, doesn’t tell him she called a competitor to buy his product, and finally cuts his balls off by telling him to get ready for work. But like I said, I feel sorry for the husband so that’s how I handle putting up with this ad.

Think about it...
That makes YOU the target demographic!

DIRECT HIT.  Tongue

Now, if you'll just opt for the "Triple Play - Gold" package.

Ouch!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jay View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 2:05am
Yup,’I’m a spectrum customer already. Good thing I don’t hate that ad or I would have to cancel service
Jay
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 2:19am
I joined the Free TV Cable Cutter Revolution many years ago.

I get my TV over the airwaves via an antenna.

I get about 50+ channels overall. After deleting all the Spanish and religious and Spanish religious channels, I still get over 30 decent, watchable stations.

Don't miss cable or satellite one bit.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 5:12am
Just last night I realized Spectrum was available in this area. Never seen a commercial for it here and if I had seen THIS one, it would have not had any positive impact on my decision on who provides the service, here. I do not understand how anyone could find this commercial humorous in any way.
It isn't funny. 
It is demeaning.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 5:19am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Just last night I realized Spectrum was available in this area. Never seen a commercial for it here and if I had seen THIS one, it would have not had any positive impact on my decision on who provides the service, here. I do not understand how anyone could find this commercial humorous in any way.
It isn't funny.
It is demeaning.

Especially if you're a tubby bald goofball with a skinny, mousey-looking, snotty, snippy little twit for a wife.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 5:42am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

It isn't funny.
It is demeaning.

Especially if you're a tubby bald goofball with a skinny, mousey-looking, snotty, snippy little twit for a wife.
Even the tubby bald goofball could refinish the garage floor, doncha know...it just isn't that hard!

"I swear, officer! She took the Greyhound to her sister's compound somewhere around Salt Lake City after I refused to get Spectrum..."
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 6:36am

Even the tubby bald goofball could refinish the garage floor, doncha know...it just isn't that hard!

"I swear, officer! She took the Greyhound to her sister's compound somewhere around Salt Lake City after I refused to get Spectrum..."

I dunno. That luminol is pretty sensitive stuff.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 6:39am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I dunno. That luminol is pretty sensitive stuff.
Bleeding isn't a pre-requisite, it's simply an option.

Always gotta think like a wolf there, Brobo - if it needs to bleed, remember there are more mouths to feed; turn it over to family.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 4:24am
I've seen this commercial 25 times this week, at least. I still hope Charter's crappy cable goes out in the rain in the middle of 'her show' so she can b***h and go back to Dish or DirecTV. $179 a month my a$$.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
crunchycon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crunchycon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:16pm
Words cannot express how much I hate this commercial. I hate this woman with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns. Turns me right off Spectrum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic