Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tide Pods Quick Cycle (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tide Pods Quick Cycle (video)
    Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 4:15pm
Angry Hey Tide...eat a laundry pack and die!!!  AngryAngry

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 5:00pm
I came up with what I feel would be an effective idea on how to get children to stop eating those laundry detergent pods.

Change the appearance from this...

to this...

Because really... how many times have you ever heard of a kid eating a Brussel sprout without having to be yelled at and argued with for an hour???

NEVER!!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 5:46pm
LOL   Damn right!  That looks like a testicle!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 7:00pm
Think back to when you were a kid.

Did you voluntarily eat Brussel sprouts or did your parents have to force you to eat them by not letting you leave the table until you did?

I know that's how it was when I was a kid. I dreaded sitting down for supper when I knew we were having them. I was usually still sitting there trying to choke them down long after everyone else was finished.

If you don't want a kid to eat something, make it look like a vegetable.

Simple.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 7:03pm
Nasty bitter tasting POS!  They never forced us to eat anything we didn't want or like.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:44pm
My mom would not let me leave the table until I ate my vegetables.

I hated them all, too. Or at least the green ones. Green beans etc.

But Brussel sprouts were the most hated of all.

I think occasionally, she would let me quit if I made a decent effort and finished most of them.

But to this day, I cannot stand those things!!!!

On a side note, I saw a cooking show recently where they roasted and seasoned the things. Made them kind of crispy I think. With some kind of tasty sauce over them, they might've been halfway decent.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:54pm
A friend's wife tried something like that one Thanksgiving...even wrapping the things in bacon.  Still awful.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 9:01pm
If wrapping something in bacon doesn't make it edible, nothing will.

C'mon, man!
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 3:27am
Well, there you go. Tide knows the only way to get millennials to buy Tide is to make them look like candy. What millennial worth his/her salt would buy something that resembles a brussels sprout?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 4:17am
I was figuring maybe millennials who don't want their kids poisoning themselves.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 6:03am
The look isn't enough, you'd have to make it smell and taste like a Brussels sprout, too...  Wink

I didn't use to like green peppers when I was young, but that was because they had tough, waxed skins (yuck).  Now I try to grow as many as I can...
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:52am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

You need to see a doctor!  Shocked

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:54pm
Hulk ttesticle JUST FINE
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

You need to see a doctor!  Shocked

LOL

It's really difficult to find a picture of an actual human testicle.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:32pm
I can't even begin to express how happy I am that this is the case. LOLLOL
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 8:22am
I hate that tide pod commercial - who does laundry when it's last day of vacation (I'm guessing they're in an Air BnB?) most people just throw their crap into the suitcase because they don't want to miss their plane, or want to get home, beat traffic rush, or whatever. Also getting tired of all these interracial families in commercials, the other day I saw a commercial with a nice asian couple and their kids, and I practically cheered because finally there was a nice wholesome same race family on tv.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

I hate that tide pod commercial - who does laundry when it's last day of vacation (I'm guessing they're in an Air BnB?) most people just throw their crap into the suitcase because they don't want to miss their plane, or want to get home, beat traffic rush, or whatever. Also getting tired of all these interracial families in commercials, the other day I saw a commercial with a nice asian couple and their kids, and I practically cheered because finally there was a nice wholesome same race family on tv.

I get ya.

Inclusiveness is great and I have nothing against mixed race anything, but just quit jamming it down our throats already!!!

It's just gotten to the point of pandering.

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 4:53pm
I noticed the interracial family on this ad as well, but it's just so ubiquitous now, it's hardly worth me mentioning.  Like beating a dead horse.  Oh, there goes another mixed race happy family!  Whoopee!
MathUser View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MathUser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 12:34pm
They started making tide pod donuts and rolls at a few places. I seen pics.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/25/tide-pod-doughnuts-are-exactly-what-we-dont-need/
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 5:00pm
There is a "Tide Pod Shot"...ask your friendly bartender at your local establishment about it.  One part blue curacao, one part white chocolate liqueur, one part orange vodka.  They DO exist!!Clap
CapeCat
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 6:25pm
^LOL  This has gone too far!! Wink

But wait! Here we have the same guy from the Lilly commercials, the girl with the week old semen stains on her princess dress

Ahem...did I just say that?  What did he do with Lilly? And how did he manage to get so many kids back in his house?  I can see it now, in the interview room.  "Did you molest your children?"  "I didn't do it!!"

I hate P&G with a passion!

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 2:52am
More Pods!  How many more pods are they going to invent?
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 4:10am
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

There is a "Tide Pod Shot"...ask your friendly bartender at your local establishment about it.  One part blue curacao, one part white chocolate liqueur, one part orange vodka.  They DO exist!!Clap

Well that beats the hell out of one part Alcohol Ethoxylate, one part Alkyl Ethoxy Sulfate and one part Cyclodextrin!  Tongue
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 5:24am
Are Tide Pods flammable?  If so, that could open up a whole new floodgate of stupid...  LOL
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 9:20pm

^LOL  This has gone too far!! Wink

But wait! Here we have the same guy from the Lilly commercials, the girl with the week old semen stains on her princess dress

Ahem...did I just say that?  What did he do with Lilly? And how did he manage to get so many kids back in his house?  I can see it now, in the interview room.  "Did you molest your children?"  "I didn't do it!!"

I hate P&G with a passion!

Wait a minute, WTF!? Why cast the same person with the same role, with a completely different family, for the same exact product? What the hell!? DOES NOT COMPUTE!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic